Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: About the way the game will look.  (Read 3307 times)
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:39:35 pm »

I know, I know, it's very early for this kind topic, but I was just wandering if Brian and Annie already have any clue/idea/dream about their game future appearence.

Let's speculate on it. Is it going to be something close to AoD? Or maybe more like Jagged Alliance? Any clear inspiration on this matter?
I guess it can be very dependant from artists joining the team, but still I think you can have mentally figured about it.

I can say, for instance, I will love a minimalist appearence, with simple but nice looking and well animated characters in a way between Darklands and Another Wolrd. I think that can fit very well for an isometric zombie game.
It will be very nice to ear Brian adn Annie ideas on this subject.

P.S. That's right, my english sucks pretty much. Sorry, but I'm not very used to it and mostly self-taught. Still, I like to speak about the game.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:44:14 pm by Tuco Benedicto Pacifico » Logged
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

Since I'm and will the one doing most of the work, it will be something quite similar to AoD. We are heavily considering changing to T3D for this and future projects, so it will AoD + higher poly count + shaders + dynamic lightning.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
MaximB
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 01:34:51 pm »

Since I'm and will the one doing most of the work, it will be something quite similar to AoD. We are heavily considering changing to T3D for this and future projects, so it will AoD + higher poly count + shaders + dynamic lightning.

If we are in the engine subject ...

How much work it takes  moving an almost finished game like AoD from Torque to T3D ?
(not that it's on the line, just curiosity).

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 01:46:52 pm »

If we are in the engine subject ...

How much work it takes  moving an almost finished game like AoD from Torque to T3D ?
(not that it's on the line, just curiosity).

Seeing Gareth's issues in moving a game that it's not quite as finished as AoD, I assume that quite a lot of time.

puppyonastik
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:26:59 pm »

So I take it we should expect to be floored? Tongue

Quote from: Mayday
Can a single dick even enter a group setting?
Quote from: Fez
You've never lived until you've tried it.
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:30:21 pm »

Since I'm and will the one doing most of the work, it will be something quite similar to AoD.
So we are going to have lot of fatty short people?  Grin
Don't get me wrong, I mostly love AoD appareance, it's very fitting.
But I'm not sure those... well... let's say semi-deformed characters fit too much in a zombie game.
I guess I would rather see some more realistic proportion on human bodies, eeven if with less details.

Like I said, something like this (just on a better resolution, of course).

But you can think even about something more typical, like Silent Storm.

Anyway, it's just a matter of taste. I'm going to love a good zombie RPG no matter of his art style.

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:43:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure the characters and animations will be re-done for this and future projects.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: