Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Keeps Crashing  (Read 257 times)
DeadStateCrashes
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2018, 01:22:28 pm »

While I'm playing, the game will spontaneously crash. Thus far, I haven't noticed any consistency in what I'm doing when it crashes.

I loved this game when it came out, and I still want to love it now. Having it randomly crash every time I play it, though, is a serious problem.

Has this game been abandoned?
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 11:44:43 am »

Abondoned?  The game was completed, albeit with a few bugs still lingering.  Devs can't support a game forever and update it for every new OS that comes out for eternity.

That being said I will try to help with your issue.  If on win 8+, try running in win 7 compatibility mode.  Win 8 and and win 10 do not play well with the torque engine.

If that doesn't help, please try switching to the experimental build (still in win 7 mode).

Right click DS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Betas -> enter the code "blacksheepwall" and select "public_test" from a drop down. Make sure Steam downloads an update before launching the game (you may need to restart Steam in order to make it notice the update).

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: