Iron Tower Studio ForumsOtherGeneral DiscussionGlad to see you guys are still around
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glad to see you guys are still around  (Read 7869 times)
curiousity

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »

Well, took a bit of a life stumble and haven't been around for a while.  Last time I was around, we were testing the combat in the arena for Age of Decadence. Quite a few years ago.  I've yet to explore the other games that you are making yet, but I'll get there.  Hell, I haven't even played AoD yet.  Grin

I'm glad to see that AoD did well enough to keep you guys in business because I like your style. Alright, time for some serious lurking! Grin
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:20:27 am »

Nice to see the old guard coming back to check on us. Post your thoughts on AoD when you finish it =)

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
Gregorus Prime

Look, he's just this guy, you know?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:51:40 pm »

Hey, another straggler returning to the fold. Just got back myself.
beansisback
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:29:33 am »

This forums pretty much dead now.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 11:59:45 am »

Depending on what you compare to. A major hub like RPGCodex? Maybe. Otherwise, I read threads and talk personally to people every day here.

Oscar
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:59:05 am »

wow-wow, maybe even Galsiah will show up one day...

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
galsiah
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 09:29:02 am »

...but that's hardly likely.

Glad to see AoD's done so well (commercial viability being highly impressive).
I really must play the thing one day: all fretting about our robot overlords and no play makes Galsiah a dull boy.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 03:52:21 pm »

Whoa, his appearance was foretold! How are you these days, galsiah?

Oscar
galsiah
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 07:31:47 pm »

Not bad. Escaped my programming job and temporarily moved to Montreal to learn things.
Currently a load of AI/ML/logic/computability... (and lately Haskell) with a view to helping save the world from our robot overlords - or failing embarrassingly in the attempt. The smart money's on the former, since we'll otherwise be rather too dead to collect on bets Smile

Nice to see you're all still moving forward.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:40 pm »

Not bad. Escaped my programming job and temporarily moved to Montreal to learn things.
Currently a load of AI/ML/logic/computability... (and lately Haskell) with a view to helping save the world from our robot overlords - or failing embarrassingly in the attempt. The smart money's on the former, since we'll otherwise be rather too dead to collect on bets Smile

Sweet. Sounds exactly like my alternative dream job.
Alright, if you hold the AI fort for us there, I'll feel safer =)

Oscar
galsiah
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 09:37:15 pm »

It's been heartening to see the attitude of long-term safety researchers - even at DeepMind and Facebook, people on the safety teams seem to take things just as seriously as OpenAI/FHI/FLI/MIRI... folks (I met a few at a post-NIPS AI safety conference). Opinions differ on the most promising approaches, timelines and odds of success - but the problem's taken seriously, with no flippant optimism.

That said, there's alarmingly little clarity on viable solutions - even in principle. Some of Paul Christiano's stuff is promising, but I'd be reluctant to bet the world on it just yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: