Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGRPG DiscussionSands of Space - old school TBC RPG | DEVLOG
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sands of Space - old school TBC RPG | DEVLOG  (Read 2685 times)
dmonin
Neophyte

I've done..questionable things...

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:33:55 pm »

Hi there!

Just want to share some information about my old school tbc rpg - Sands of Space. The plot of the game takes a place in the not-too-distant future. Active space exploration in progress. Many planets are inhabited, and some have already been abandoned. The main character, the space nighthawk gets suspiciously shady offer. During the mission spaceship crashed and the whole crew has died. He is the only one who survived and left alone without any back up on the planet called TRAPPIST-1h which has been in quarantine for dozens of years. The previously prosperous cyber-metropolis of one of the planetary systems - decays after a scarlet plague. And it’s not the most pleasant place that turns into the hell, when he realizes that it's impossible to run away from this trap.

In most cases I'm inspiring by old sci fi movies such as Aliens, Screamers, Blade Runner, Total recall and of course Fallout 1/2.

Small game play you can check on my Youtube channel:

And now I'm working on basic game mechanics - combat improvement (math, balance etc.), inventory,

Is that ok that sometimes I will post any updates here?  Roll Eyes

And of course any thoughts and comments are welcome!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:29:46 pm by dmonin » Logged

Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:10:19 am »

Hey, it looks cool! It's so amazing many indie true RPG developers use these boards for promoting and developing their gems.

TRAPPIST-1h
 hmmm

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:19:15 am »

Hey, it looks cool! It's so amazing many indie true RPG developers use these boards for promoting and developing their gems.
Thanks! It's not a gem right now but I do my best.

And actually I'm here because of New World. Thanks goha.ru for this Grin

Yes. And thats true. So thats why the one of the main point of story is terraforming Panic Like LV-426.

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:58:22 pm »

Hi guys!

All this time I have been working on a code behind. And right now, I finished most of all basic game mechanics that all rpg games must have.
Just quick status of my work:

1. Quick responsive on player action. I really don’t like games with a bad response
2. Pick up objects, drop objects from inventory, etc. UI of inventory still in progress
3. 'Fog of war' and dithered transparency of NPC who is not in the visible range of the player
4. A lot of work with pathfinding and bug fixes. So right now, all "remote" pick up objects and falling throw the textures in a past!
5. Mechanics of psy attack. The vfx in the video is temporary and it will be changed. It's just for test right now

Here is the video. I used booooring test location. And that's only for the one reason - show the progress.

From now on I have started working on visual part - models, arts, concepts, animation, sounds, vfx and other cool things!
And here you can see the first concept one of the Power Armor - "Kernet":

(click to show/hide)

Futuristics car's (pictures are so big so only here links):

It was designed by https://kvaksagon.deviantart.com art artist!

Also, the new UI, decals are already in progress.

In the next update I will tell more about characteristcs, perks, levels and combat details

Thanks!

Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 10:55:13 am »

All looks cool, never lose the enthusiasm  Salute

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 11:08:47 am »

All looks cool, never lose the enthusiasm  Salute
Thanks! Smile

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 02:20:05 pm »

Working on new location

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 11:18:57 am »

Hello!

The new props Smile

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 10:43:38 am »

Greetings all!

Here some new screenshots:

Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 10:58:24 am »

Good style and undeniable charm.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 12:37:57 pm »

Some really cool props there indeed.

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 05:15:23 am »

Good style and undeniable charm.

Some really cool props there indeed.

Thanks guys! Really appreciated!

Roll Eyes I don't want to spam here a lot but want to share some new screenshots again. Some part of the icons have done! Stealth, repair, science etc. Also I reworked some textures and finished scifi tank model. And a lot of new models are not on the picture yet Wink

Harry Easter
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 11:14:10 am »

I like the graphic style and the idea of the game so far. Keep up the good work! Do you have a specific playtime in mind (I would guess, this a 10-15 hours game with multiple playthroughs)?

God is a lousy dad. He lost at dice and never bailed us out.
dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 04:17:52 pm »

I like the graphic style and the idea of the game so far. Keep up the good work! Do you have a specific playtime in mind (I would guess, this a 10-15 hours game with multiple playthroughs)?

Hi! Thank you. So, I decided to create playable teaser at first. Like small part of the game - full mechanics and 9-10 locations. For free of course. But I'm going to do full game anyway. I think playable teaser will be about 1-2 hours of playing. The full version of the game I guess will be more than 35 hours. But I'm not sure. I'm indie so no any promises Grin

And the some new screenshots with new icons:

'Powerthrone 2000 innovate and compact energy generator for small and big colonies! Designed and manufactured by Sovacode Corp.'

Besides the buff and debuffs icons, on the last active enemy PC picture there gonna be a small icon that helps you identify what type of person it is synth, human or robot. That helps more accurately choose the combat’s method.  

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:19:34 pm by dmonin » Logged

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 03:34:42 pm »

Hi guys!

In a game full of the text the main bottleneck is a font. The font should be readable and not complicate the player's life. But choosing a font is very difficult process, as is its color. Plus, here goes the screen resolution and everything is getting worse.

I was planning to order a font. Make it like the old pixel (no, there is no thing like this I guess, but they are very similar to pixels) IBM PC fonts. But, unfortunately, the designer couldn't get the job cause he is very busy. So, I decided to look for a free font that would pass under three main requirements:

1. Absolutely free, up to commercial use.
2. Cyrillic support and at least a couple of languages - French and German (maybe someone will translate it if I find money for this)
3. And my favorite test a set of symbols - "Illegal1 = O0" (zero, letter O, numeral one, and English l and cursive letter l (L)

And I found it. This is the Iosevka font. It's totally free and almost passes the point #3

I will not stop looking for the font of my dreams, but so far, the choice has been made. I hope you like the font. And even if not, it will cause less irritation than Comic Sans.

One more thing. The font size on the screenshots is the minimum that can be set in the game, further - you can only make it larger. The font size changing option will be for sure.

And I'm still in progress of creating models for the environment.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: