Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGRPG DiscussionSands of Space - old school TBC RPG | DEVLOG
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sands of Space - old school TBC RPG | DEVLOG  (Read 956 times)
dmonin
Neophyte

I've done..questionable things...

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:33:55 pm »

Hi there!

Just want to share some information about my old school tbc rpg - Sands of Space. The plot of the game takes a place in alternative future of the 1980s. Active space exploration in progress. Many planets are inhabited, and some have already been abandoned. The main character, the space nighthawk gets suspiciously shady offer. During the mission spaceship crashed and the whole crew has died. He is the only one who survived and left alone without any back up on the planet called TRAPPIST-1h which has been in quarantine for dozens of years. The previously prosperous cyber-metropolis of one of the planetary systems - decays after a scarlet plague. And it’s not the most pleasant place that turns into the hell, when he realizes that it's impossible to run away from this trap.

In most cases I'm inspiring by old sci fi movies such as Aliens, Screamers, Blade Runner, Total recall and of course Fallout 1/2.

Small game play you can check on my Youtube channel:

And now I'm working on basic game mechanics - combat improvement (math, balance etc.), inventory,

Is that ok that sometimes I will post any updates here?  Roll Eyes

And of course any thoughts and comments are welcome!

Thank you!

Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:10:19 am »

Hey, it looks cool! It's so amazing many indie true RPG developers use these boards for promoting and developing their gems.

TRAPPIST-1h
 hmmm

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:19:15 am »

Hey, it looks cool! It's so amazing many indie true RPG developers use these boards for promoting and developing their gems.
Thanks! It's not a gem right now but I do my best.

And actually I'm here because of New World. Thanks goha.ru for this Grin

Yes. And thats true. So thats why the one of the main point of story is terraforming Panic Like LV-426.

dmonin
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:58:22 pm »

Hi guys!

All this time I have been working on a code behind. And right now, I finished most of all basic game mechanics that all rpg games must have.
Just quick status of my work:

1. Quick responsive on player action. I really don’t like games with a bad response
2. Pick up objects, drop objects from inventory, etc. UI of inventory still in progress
3. 'Fog of war' and dithered transparency of NPC who is not in the visible range of the player
4. A lot of work with pathfinding and bug fixes. So right now, all "remote" pick up objects and falling throw the textures in a past!
5. Mechanics of psy attack. The vfx in the video is temporary and it will be changed. It's just for test right now

Here is the video. I used booooring test location. And that's only for the one reason - show the progress.

From now on I have started working on visual part - models, arts, concepts, animation, sounds, vfx and other cool things!
And here you can see the first concept one of the Power Armor - "Kernet":

(click to show/hide)

Futuristics car's (pictures are so big so only here links):

It was designed by https://kvaksagon.deviantart.com art artist!

Also, the new UI, decals are already in progress.

In the next update I will tell more about characteristcs, perks, levels and combat details

Thanks!

Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 10:55:13 am »

All looks cool, never lose the enthusiasm  Salute

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
dmonin
Neophyte