Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe New WorldCSG update #22 - The Leaders of Tomorrow!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CSG update #22 - The Leaders of Tomorrow!  (Read 3916 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 07:11:56 am »

Please don't make the religious folk too preachy and annoying.
“Have you come here to find your purpose?” the preacher asks by way of welcome. Either the church has fallen on rough times or they deliberately chose a minimalistic design: the only ornamentation is an oversized metal cross welded to the back wall. Two deacons flank the altar, a featureless metal oblong, and look on impassively. The submachineguns cradled in their arms suggest theirs is a militant faith.

“What purpose would that be?”

“Doing the Lord’s work, of course. Do you believe this vessel has a destination? Do you believe in the Dawn when we will arrive there? Because I already know to the very day when that will be.” It doesn’t seem he’s going to continue before you respond.

“When is that?”

“The day the Lord wills it.”

“I don’t understand what God has to do with a spaceship.”

“He has everything to do with it!” The preacher moves closer, closer than you like, leaning well into your personal space. “It is by the Lord’s grace alone that the Ship was launched, and by His grace alone shall She arrive at that land He promised us so very long ago. “And it was written,” he shouts, the tendons of his neck leaping up, “I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey. The words of millennia ago, my <Son/Daughter>, millennia, for the truth of His word is eternal.”

/what can I do?

“The Lord guided me here for a reason. Yet despite my best efforts, only silence answers to the Word in this godless place. In order to sow the seeds of the one true faith, I need the support of some of its … more notable citizens.”

“And you want me to talk to them?”

“If McNeil were to pay the Church a tenth of what he makes from his scavenging business, people would take notice. Others would follow his example.”

“You think shaking him down will make you popular?”

“It’s not a shakedown,” the preacher says irritably. “We are offering him the spiritual boon of serving the Lord, and potentially more practical support. Such an arrangement will demonstrate that we– that the Lord holds sway in even the darkest zones. Strength is the only language these people will understand.”

“How do you expect me to bring McNeil around to this arrangement?”

“It’s all in how you phrase the question, my <Son/Daughter>. My deacons are quite experienced in the ways of faith. With such stalwart representatives of the Lord at your back, there’s no telling what you may accomplish.”

Works for you?
sthalik
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:02 am »

“It’s not a shakedown,” the preacher says irritably. “We are offering him the spiritual boon of serving the Lord, and potentially more practical support. Such an arrangement will demonstrate that we– that the Lord holds sway in even the darkest zones. Strength is the only language these people will understand.”

“How do you expect me to bring McNeil around to this arrangement?”

“It’s all in how you phrase the question, my <Son/Daughter>. My deacons are quite experienced in the ways of faith. With such stalwart representatives of the Lord at your back, there’s no telling what you may accomplish.”

Works for you?

This is some good writing, VD. You haven't lost your edge. I was afraid it was like a Dawkins vs Creationist "debate".

The rhetoric reminds me of New Reno and Jules. Damn how I miss Renesco. Thanks for sharing this!
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:13 am »

Ain't no hacks working on this here game!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: