Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGColony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing GameGeneral questions and suggestions (some at least)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General questions and suggestions (some at least)  (Read 3077 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:16 pm »

One thing I'm having trouble visualizing is the pure scale of this game (how big the ship is/how many people populate the ship total)
It's an old cargo freighter not a state of the art colony ship built for this purpose. The original population was 50,000 people.

It's been mentioned that there will be multiple towns with different factions controlling them, people from different racial, religious and class backgrounds all being forced to live together.
Not exactly. There is the Habitat - the living 'quarters' split between the three main faction. Plus the container town in one of the cargo holds, the mutants 'town' in the engine room, and the ECLSS monastic order. The trip was paid for by a neo-Christian American conglomerate so the main religion is Christianity. The mutants follow a somewhat warped form of Christianity. There are no real classes as there are no real industries and means of production, but there are different social hierarchies.

It's also been said that the migration has been going on for at least one generation, so it is unlikely that most people on the ship have any recollection of what life was like outside the ship.
The ship was launched about 200 years ago so nobody on-board knows anything about what life on Earth was like, however there are various databanks. The best parallel is the American Civil War today. It's not forgotten but most people don't know much about it (other than the gist of it) and have better things to do than worry about things that happened 150 years ago.

For example, when the ship first sets off would it start off with a population of give or take 200,000 but due to political instability, as demonstrated by the mutiny or a lack of vital resources as demonstrated by the prevalence of the wastelands and scavengers, would the population on the ship be half that by the game start?
Less than.

Also, did the ship set sail already having factions (obviously the mutineers wouldn't be included in this) as well as class/racial divides...
No.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:12:54 pm by Vince » Logged
SolarTradition
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 07:19:44 am »

The trip was paid for by a neo-Christian American conglomerate so the main religion is Christianity.
Isaiah 65
16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Amemus patriam, pareamus senatui, consulamus bonis...
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 07:59:52 am »

Amen.
soulforge
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 05:54:28 pm »

Technical questions.

• How did you choose the engine ?
  • What do you use for modeling and what for texturing assets?
  • Will game feature open landscapes?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 07:26:47 pm »

How did you choose the engine ?
Not much of a choice, is there?

What do you use for modeling and what for texturing assets?
3ds Max, Photoshop, and Quixel.

Will game feature open landscapes?
Well, it's a spaceship, but I assume you already know it. So define open landscapes.
soulforge
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 11:54:49 am »

Well, it's a spaceship, but I assume you already know it. So define open landscapes.

For example, if ship would land on some planet ( or crashlanded) ...
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 12:00:50 pm »

It wouldn't. The game takes place entirely on the ship, but there are some relatively big and relatively open areas (i.e. ship doesn't mean a maze of corridors).
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: