Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD Mods and Modding  (Read 286793 times)
Sunfire
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »

A noticeable mod named "menyalin Commission".

(click to show/hide)

Modification:
- added strength modifier for Armor Damage Chance, thus making high strength builds more useful;
- fixed the climbing check for Teron palace roof (changed min STR+DEX sum from 10/12 to 13);
- tweaked healing salves;
- changed Regeneration Potion to Amaranthus Extract in the Temple Interior healing safe;
- changed Imperial Power Armor stats to:
(click to show/hide)
- changed Hamul's Shamshir to Romach, his Sword skill to Spear skill;
- changed Arena Master dialogue;
- added the possibility to threaten Iola to give you a jar or free ride on the healing machine;
- added some Acid Vials and various Berserk Potions to Maadoran and Ganezar alchemy traders;
- tweaked Hardened Weapon and Armor crafting progression from 12-14-16-18-20 to 10-15-20-25-30, Serrated Edge and
Reinforced Armor - from 5-10-15-20-25 to 4-8-12-16-20, Reinforced Shield - from 4-8-12-16-20 to 3-6-9-12-15;
- added 1 PER damage for the bombs' critical hits;
- restored nets THC formula from version 0.8.8.0245 (Beta R4.6.2);
- changed Al Sahir's Shamshir to Khopesh;
- added permanent HP loss for traps in addition to regular HP loss and stat damage;
- used Pladio Commission mod.

Languages: all.

Installation:
1) Download the archive.
2) Unpack it to ./mods/ folder in the game dir.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c0qoaUqKT6yHA2EP4C1H7Oth4Bz3VWwu

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bwsXusIQY-ENI2tUQ_DX0zI4Y7HaFRcJ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TWgs6WovmE62w-AfWtkBc1LWh0aJ_PKg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g5CeIbEtXFUGpu7tAWaNGZKYjmKedt-D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HQr84qQKPofEs5FULZubtzZC8AwNGXpS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sfJHtG-vh-2VKki15QCcBZu0E01ZLGLO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JyZ5b4u41Yj1mDKhVhk57eRB3mrDaIdC
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ny1tDAawEqSsE3c2l-U8o957Q0vGiPUX

This mod will be expanded by adding more ideas in the course of time.

Community Edition mod has been updated to include this mod.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 11:05:49 am by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:10 am »

Thanks, works fine!  Approve
Sunfire
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2018, 04:23:17 pm »

A small mod named "Pladio Commission".

I just finished my run as a thief, which was a lot of fun. However, I managed to defeat Agatoth with suboptimal fighting skills by using bombs.
All I did was use a neurostim + 6 bombs and he was dead. Many of those bombs were simply bought from traders.
I was thinking that this does not make much sense. I would understand it if bombs were available from the assassins' guild alchemist, but they should be quite rare I think.
Another fix might be to slightly increase their AP costs.

Modification:
- increased bomb throwing AP cost by 1.

Installation:
1) Download the archive.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zo30qPb_AlFI-f_DV9V4_1pjs6EGQgFF

This mod is included in menyalin Commission and Community Edition mods.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:02:10 am by Sunfire » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2018, 05:05:55 pm »

Hm, I can't find the file "./art/terrains/hellgate.ter" in the 25th version of the hotfix. Was it removed?
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2018, 04:42:49 am »

Will be suitable for DR too. Quite logical also, because arming and throwing the explosive should be longer process then just simlpe throwing of acid vial.
Sunfire
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2018, 04:48:55 am »

Hm, I can't find the file "./art/terrains/hellgate.ter" in the 25th version of the hotfix. Was it removed?
No, check it again, plz.

Will be suitable for DR too. Quite logical also, because arming and throwing the explosive should be longer process then just simlpe throwing of acid vial.
Hmm... A good idea. Done.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:04:26 am by Sunfire » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2018, 06:27:37 am »

My bad, it seems I confused the source files folder with the hoftfix folder  Wallbang
Go to reinstall it now
SPECIAL
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »

Hello!
Installed Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 and Community Mod.
Found bugs:
1) Not transparent roof in the house with brothel(Quintus house, quest with Vasiliy, maadoran). Its very hard to kill bandits in this "blind" mode. In game version without bugfix and mod i dont have the bug.
2) When i come to thief quest from levir in maadoran "kill assassins in some house"(got help guys from street and made them berserk potion), after teleportation to location of fight i have mission in journal "talk with npc", but i cant. If use english version of the game, nps start to talk with me and all right, so its a problem of russian version.
3) When i play for assasin, make assassins quests and come to meru first time, after talking with him i have dialog variant "get him to Al-Akia". Problem is i never heard about this location before and didnt know where is it. I think its bug.
Cant give more info for finding a bug, becouse deleted save files.
4) When i come to Al-Akia first time, guy with me started to mind-control 2-3 enemie NPCs. I died, loaded save "auto combat save", and he didnt control anyone, i had to kill everybody.
5) After killing NPCs in Al-Akia, when i tried to come underground, game crashed(not Windows crash, but AoD crash error). After reloading all right.
6) After 1 thief quest in 1 city, when i finish it and press "come to Fen", game works, but black screen after loading location. Save-load helps.

All bugs on last steam version of the game/russian translate/Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 and Community Mod.

Sry for poor english.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 06:17:42 pm by SPECIAL » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2018, 03:46:56 am »

Hello!
Installed Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 and Community Mod.
Found bugs:
1) Not transparent roof in the house with brothel(Quintus house, quest with Vasiliy, maadoran). Its very hard to kill bandits in this "blind" mode. In game version without bugfix and mod i dont have the bug.
Fixed here.

2) When i come to thief quest from levir in maadoran "kill assassins in some house"(got help guys from street and made them berserk potion), after teleportation to location of fight i have mission in journal "talk with npc", but i cant. If use english version of the game, nps start to talk with me and all right, so its a problem of russian version.
That quest must be TG5 and NPC must be Isandros or Rusty. You can talk with both of them (see attached savegame and screenshots), so RU version along with CE works just fine. Better check your game files integrity in the Steam.

3) When i play for assasin, make assassins quests and come to meru first time, after talking with him i have dialog variant "get him to Al-Akia". Problem is i never heard about this location before and didnt know where is it. I think its bug.
Cant give more info for finding a bug, becouse deleted save files.
4) When i come to Al-Akia first time, guy with me started to mind-control 2-3 enemie NPCs. I died, loaded save "auto combat save", and he didnt control anyone, i had to kill everybody.
5) After killing NPCs in Al-Akia, when i tried to come underground, game crashed(not Windows crash, but AoD crash error). After reloading all right.
These bugs have nothing to do with the hotfix or CE. You just haven't any dialogue options about Al-Akia and can't visit it being a Boatman, you must be HA/HC Praetor to visit Al-Akia with Meru and Faelan. I need your savegames to check it out.

6) After 1 thief quest in 1 city, when i finish it and press "come to Fen", game works, but black screen after loading location. Save-load helps.

All bugs on last steam version of the game/russian translate/Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 and Community Mod.
I couldn't reproduce it (see attached savegame and screenshots). Again, check your game files integrity.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:24:59 am by Sunfire » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:26 am »

Next mods:
Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 (v.26)
Community Edition
Hellgate Quest
Key to the Sky
RU Obscene Lexicon
have been updated and re-uploaded.

Returning to previous mods suggestions by menyalin:
Suggestions:
1) Elixir to extract in the temple.
Added here.

3) Power Armor:
it has very low vsCS and pretty low DR, which don't match description ("The finest pre-War armor, fashioned from tempered blue steel.") Just compare it to low-tech BS Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata (similar by stats and weight) at max crafting skill. Also it has -5 helmet penalty, which outright wrong for expected quality. So, except stat boost not that much for superhigh-tech armor and THREE power tubes. My suggestion:
 - armor vcSC: 50 -> 80-90 (it's almost full armored suit, btw)
 - helmet penalty 5 -> 0
 - armor DR: 8 -> 9-10
 - shield vsCS and vsRanged: 35 -> 25 (it not that big, btw)
 - shield DR: 6 -> 5 (with raised armor DR would be more balanced for dodgers)
 - shield stats progression (3->5, 15->25) with power tubes if possible
 - max AP: 20 -> 15 (no sense in so big value and it has armor penalty)
 - weight: 20 -> 25 (too low for how it looks, IMO)
In the latest bugs-fix:
(click to show/hide)
The disscussions are here and here (RU).
Added here.

5) Add dodge-block synergy (it is quite logical judging by description "You've finally learned to read the telltale signs of an incoming attack." for both skills) - coul be impossible without source code changing or need some quite complex workaround by scripts.
Seems like it's hardcoded.

6) There are THREE blue steel shamshirs in game (6 blue steel swords total, counting gladius from market, gladius at Senna's villa, and handar from Dead River) and ZERO blue steel spears. So, how about giving spear (say, Dori) to Hamul with appropriate skill change? Player will already have one shamshir from the previous champion by that time in any case.
Changed to Romach, 'cause it has max Passive bonus, just like Shamshir. Added here.

7) Make possible to kill Iola (through dialogue or "start combat" button) in catacombs and add canister to her inventory, so it could be used in monastery healing machine. Also, could be bodycount and streetwize options to threaten her to give it without fight. And maybe bodycount option to force her to make operation for free with some custom death screen, wich will tell you how stupidd it was. :-)

8) Add some additional alchemy items to traders in Maadoran and Ganezar: say, midgrade acid, berserk and hemostasis potions.

9) Crafting techs for weapons: lower max CS bonus to 15-20, and raise max hardness bonus to 25-30 (and armor hardness too). +25 to CS is too strong and in existing configuration it is pretty hard to think for a situation, when you prefer hardening instead of serrating for third or second upgrade slot. Also, CS bonus additionally indirectly lowers enemy armor efficiency because of DR-ignoring critical hits.
Added here.

10) Crafting: separate masterwork progression for helmets, if possible( from 2-10 to 1-5) so light helmets wouldn't became completly obsolete with high crafting skill.
Seems like it's hardcoded.

11) THC penalty and maybe PER damage for critical hits by bombs (contusion and stunning).
Bombs CS effects are:
(click to show/hide)
Do you want something like this (1 PER dmg + 10 THC penalty for 2 turns)?
(click to show/hide)
Added here.

12) Return skill-dependant THC and CS chances for nets and bolas. I understand, why it was made fixed, but it's still feels wrong.
1.6.0.0119 (current) nets/bolas TH and CS chances are:
(click to show/hide)
1.6.0.0119 THC:
(click to show/hide)
1.6.0.0119 CSC is skill-dependant:
(click to show/hide)

1.0.1.0014 TH and CS chances are:
(click to show/hide)
1.0.1.0014 THC:
(click to show/hide)
1.0.1.0014 CSC are the same and skill-dependant:
(click to show/hide)

0.9.0.0021 TH and CS chances are:
(click to show/hide)
0.9.0.0021 THC:
(click to show/hide)
0.9.0.0021 bolas CSC is 0%:
(click to show/hide)

0.8.8.0245 (Beta R4.6.2) TH and CS chances are:
(click to show/hide)
0.8.8.0245 THC:
(click to show/hide)
0.8.8.0245 bolas CSC is 0%:
(click to show/hide)
Added here.

13) PER check to find all-forgotten Grooved sphere in Gracius' room for merchants.
Problem is the merchants can't access Gracius' room at all and thus use any of their stats/skills. Here is corresponding Linos phrase:
(click to show/hide)

14) Learnable alchemy recipes and weapon upgrade techniques. Possibly, it could be managed by addAlchemyRecipe() (alchemy.cs) and apmsInitCraft() (craft.cs). No need to write many new texts - available techniques and potions descriptions can be used. Some alchemy techniques can be placed in the world with lore checks, say, regen potion - in Monastery inner chamber. Looks like devs planned to make techniques and recipes learnable and not automatically gained, but never had enough time for that. Also, will balance economy a bit because additional expenses.
The only left-overs from the old versions are:
(click to show/hide)

16) Swap Al Sahir's shamshir for khopesh for more BS weapon diversity.
Added here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:01:55 pm by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2018, 09:02:15 am »

Do you want something like this (1 PER dmg + 10 THC penalty for 2 turns)?
Hard to say now, especially after DR playthrough. Bombs are quite strong and possibly OP already, so making them even more powerful isn't good idea. It can be reasonable with lowered bomb damage, or with greatly extended bomb usage against player, but both variants are controversial. Your thoughts? Btw, proposed setting is good, i agree with AP cost boost, and stat penalties are fitting enough.

So, what exactly your proposal is and which formulas you'd prefer?
Well, looks like last version with not fixed net THC was 0.8.8.0245, so it is quite simple choice. And skill dependent CS is good. Don't know for bolas, really, almost never used it.

13) PER check to find all-forgotten Grooved sphere in Gracius' room for merchants.
Has no real sense with possibility to get sphere from Brass, wich i didn't know about then.
Sunfire
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:11 am »

Hard to say now, especially after DR playthrough. Bombs are quite strong and possibly OP already, so making them even more powerful isn't good idea. It can be reasonable with lowered bomb damage, or with greatly extended bomb usage against player, but both variants are controversial. Your thoughts? Btw, proposed setting is good, i agree with AP cost boost, and stat penalties are fitting enough.
Then something like this:
(click to show/hide)
I agree that bombs are slightly OP, and I think that 1 PER damage for NPCs wouldn't be overkill.

Well, looks like last version with not fixed net THC was 0.8.8.0245, so it is quite simple choice. And skill dependent CS is good. Don't know for bolas, really, almost never used it.
I got it.

Has no real sense with possibility to get sphere from Brass, wich i didn't know about then.
Agree.
Sunfire
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2018, 08:45:27 am »

A small mod named "Erhog Commission".

Возможно, стоит добавить в начальный диалог строку, которая возникает при удачной проверке хитрости, где персонаж отказывается от сделки и квест на этом завершается и выдаётся небольшой бонус очков опыта. Будет вполне достойным вариантом для небоевых персонажей без алхимии.
In monastery safe we found several potions include Amaranthus Extract. Would be great to add this elixirs like  some neurostimulants, berserker potions, maybe vial of dragon's blood.

Modification:
- added 1 civil SP for successful Streetwise check if refusing to accept Miltiades' offer in Teron;
- added 1 Dragon's Blood Extract, 1 Neurostimulant, 1 Berserk Potion, 1 Healing Salve, 1 Restorative Liniment.

Installation:
1) Download the archive.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oePf3zQkzEKHdzXoNoPZZtzUVr7qjQTR

Community Edition mod has been updated to include this mod.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:15:54 pm by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2018, 02:25:31 am »

Do you think that your other proposed PA changes are needed still?
Matter of taste now, low vsCS and helmet penalty was the biggest issues for me, but other changes still useful. It is still superhightech armor made from advanced materials with something like nanotech involved (helmets), force field (shield) and power unit based on nuclear fusion (tubes). And it has defense value lower then lowtech armor made on the knee. It is balance vs integrity and consistency of setting - for me second is always more important.

I think that all the discussion about F2 power armor owerpoweredness, for example, is piece of garbage. If something described and depicted as very cool and powerful, it SHOULD be very cool and powerful - no sense to make something alike and then break it for balance reasons. For F2-like and other postap settings it is a bit of major issue because of there always primitive leather or alike armor which should be tenfold worse then hightech one made by 22 century technology for top military force, and it leads to difficult balance decisions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:42:26 am by menyalin » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »

Next mods:
Bugs Fix 1.6.0.0119 (v.27)
Community Edition
Erhog Commission
menyalin Commission
have been updated and re-uploaded.

Do you think that your other proposed PA changes are needed still?
Matter of taste now, low vsCS and helmet penalty was the biggest issues for me, but other changes still useful. It is still superhightech armor made from advanced materials with something like nanotech involved (helmets), force field (shield) and power unit based on nuclear fusion (tubes). And it has defense value lower then lowtech armor made on the knee. It is balance vs integrity and consistency of setting - for me second is always more important.

I think that all the discussion about F2 power armor owerpoweredness, for example, is piece of garbage. If something described and depicted as very cool and powerful, it SHOULD be very cool and powerful - no sense to make something alike and then break it for balance reasons. For F2-like and other postap settings it is a bit of major issue because of there always primitive leather or alike armor which should be tenfold worse then hightech one made by 22 century technology for top military force, and it leads to difficult balance decisions.
Added.
Also, added menyalin Commission mod to CE.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:16:21 pm by Sunfire » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: