Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD Mods and Modding  (Read 286794 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2018, 09:52:46 am »

There are two different types of whirlwinds. One for bladed weapons, other for hammers.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2018, 01:11:43 am »

There are two different types of whirlwinds. One for bladed weapons, other for hammers.
Then it is OP too: too much damage and no CS penalty.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:21:33 am by menyalin » Logged
sthalik
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2018, 08:00:30 am »

Quick question: is there a mod to see exact skill check requirements? Or whether we'd pass?

Quick question 2: is there a mod to adjust SP gain by a customizable amount?
Sunfire
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2018, 09:23:32 am »

Whirlwind attack quite OP now (regular damage, big arrea of effect, big CS bonus and guaranteed bleeding on CS):
(click to show/hide)
I agree that blade whirlwind attack is OP. Bleeding effect isn't guaranteed, only critical hit will cause it, bit I'll rather lower it a bit, say 2 damage per each of 2 turns.

Quick question: is there a mod to see exact skill check requirements? Or whether we'd pass?
No and not planned.

Quick question 2: is there a mod to adjust SP gain by a customizable amount?
Yes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:39:32 pm by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2018, 01:00:30 pm »

Whirlwind attack quite OP now (regular damage, big arrea of effect, big CS bonus and guaranteed bleeding on CS):
(click to show/hide)
I agree that blade whirlwind attack is OP.
Fix it in next bugfix version?
Sunfire
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2018, 01:28:02 pm »

Fix it in next bugfix version?
Yes, something like this:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:11:00 pm by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2018, 01:40:59 pm »

Suggestions:
1) Elixir to extract in the temple.

2) Attacks:
(click to show/hide)
Done.

3) Power Armor:
it has very low vsCS and pretty low DR, which don't match description ("The finest pre-War armor, fashioned from tempered blue steel.") Just compare it to low-tech BS Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata (similar by stats and weight) at max crafting skill. Also it has -5 helmet penalty, which outright wrong for expected quality. So, except stat boost not that much for superhigh-tech armor and THREE power tubes. My suggestion:
 - armor vcSC: 50 -> 80-90 (it's almost full armored suit, btw)
 - helmet penalty 5 -> 0
 - armor DR: 8 -> 9-10
 - shield vsCS and vsRanged: 35 -> 25 (it not that big, btw)
 - shield DR: 6 -> 5 (with raised armor DR would be more balanced for dodgers)
 - shield stats progression (3->5, 15->25) with power tubes if possible
 - max AP: 20 -> 15 (no sense in so big value and it has armor penalty)
 - weight: 20 -> 25 (too low for how it looks, IMO)

4) Prohibit whirlwind attack for short daggers. Don't know how, btw.
No need with new fixed whirlwinds.

5) Add dodge-block synergy (it is quite logical judging by description "You've finally learned to read the telltale signs of an incoming attack." for both skills) - coul be impossible without source code changing or need some quite complex workaround by scripts.

6) There are THREE blue steel shamshirs in game (6 blue steel swords total, counting gladius from market, gladius at Senna's villa, and handar from Dead River) and ZERO blue steel spears. So, how about giving spear (say, Dori) to Hamul with appropriate skill change? Player will already have one shamshir from the previous champion by that time in any case.

7) Make possible to kill Iola (through dialogue or "start combat" button) in catacombs and add canister to her inventory, so it could be used in monastery healing machine. Also, could be bodycount and streetwize options to threaten her to give it without fight. And maybe bodycount option to force her to make operation for free with some custom death screen, wich will tell you how stupidd it was. :-)

8) Add some additional alchemy items to traders in Maadoran and Ganezar: say, midgrade acid, berserk and hemostasis potions.

9) Crafting techs for weapons: lower max CS bonus to 15-20, and raise max hardness bonus to 25-30 (and armor hardness too). +25 to CS is too strong and in existing configuration it is pretty hard to think for a situation, when you prefer hardening instead of serrating for third or second upgrade slot. Also, CS bonus additionally indirectly lowers enemy armor efficiency because of DR-ignoring critical hits.

10) Crafting: separate masterwork progression for helmets, if possible( from 2-10 to 1-5) so light helmets wouldn't became completly obsolete with high crafting skill.

11) THC penalty and maybe PER damage for critical hits by bombs (contusion and stunning).

12) Return skill-dependant THC and CS chances for nets and bolas. I understand, why it was made fixed, but it's still feels wrong.

13) PER check to find all-forgotten Grooved sphere in Gracius' room for merchants.

14) Learnable alchemy recipes and weapon upgrade techniques. Possibly, it could be managed by addAlchemyRecipe() (alchemy.cs) and apmsInitCraft() (craft.cs). No need to write many new texts - available techniques and potions descriptions can be used. Some alchemy techniques can be placed in the world with lore checks, say, regen potion - in Monastery inner chamber. Looks like devs planned to make techniques and recipes learnable and not automatically gained, but never had enough time for that. Also, will balance economy a bit because additional expenses.

15) 20-15-15-15-10 progression for penalty and 30-30-35-40-40 progression for bonus of Berserk potion, so you have better THC on start and gain -5 to penalty or +5 to bonus on each grade. Now it is 25-20-20-15-10 and 30-30-35-35-40, which make lowgrade potion is of extremely little use.
Done.

16) Swap Al Sahir's shamshir for khopesh for more BS weapon diversity.

17) Another strange thing in attacks.cs: minDamage(1) in regular effects list of aimed-arms and aimed-legs attacks. From one side it is understandable because the penalties, which should be applied for some reaыon, but from other side it is a huge gift to sword and poison users against heavily armored targets, especially shield uesers: you just don't need to actually surpass DR to apply DoT effect. Would be better to remove minDamage and apply penalties only for actually damaging hits. Propoose to remove nonCS minDamage effect like in aimed-head attack btw.
Done.

18) Looks like Hemostasis Berserk Potion quite useless and broken now. First, you get it on quite high alchemy level - 7. And what you get? 2 DR for 3 turns and -10 HP later, so you need 5 successfull enemy strikes just to compensate future HP loss and finally start to gain benefits from potion. On SEVENTH alchemy level! Also, judging by steam walkthroughs, it looks like noone use it at all. I am not sure, how to fix it btw... Maybe move it to 5 skill level and lower HP loss to 5 on first grade? Also, does it give bleeding immunity? If not, then should, if possible.
Done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:14:07 am by menyalin » Logged
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2018, 05:13:55 am »

Sunfire, I hope you keep this passion for when the new game comes out Smile

Approve Approve Approve
Erhog
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2018, 09:43:18 am »

3) Power Armor:
it has very low vsCS and pretty low DR, which don't match description ("The finest pre-War armor, fashioned from tempered blue steel.") Just compare it to low-tech BS Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata (similar by stats and weight) at max crafting skill. Also it has -5 helmet penalty, which outright wrong for expected quality. So, except stat boost not that much for superhigh-tech armor and THREE power tubes. My suggestion:
 - armor vcSC: 50 -> 80-90 (it's almost full armored suit, btw)
 - helmet penalty 5 -> 0
 - armor DR: 8 -> 9-10
 - shield vsCS and vsRanged: 35 -> 25 (it not that big, btw)
 - shield DR: 6 -> 5 (with raised armor DR would be more balanced for dodgers)
 - shield stats progression (3->5, 15->25) with power tubes if possible

In my opinion power armor is already are ok and shouldn't be best defense armor in the game coz bonus stats already gives you a huge advantage in combat especially if you a dodge character with 1handed weapon.

My suggestiob:
Berserker potion - for each 2 levels in alchemy it gives you more damage bonus and lower THC penalty but it's realy useless at lower level coz THC is too low at all. I think more balanced would be if THC penalty will be 10 at all levels but damage bonus will be 10-20-30-40-50 or 20-25-30-35-40 at 2-4-6-8-10 level of alchemy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:55:58 am by Erhog » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2018, 11:28:35 am »

In my opinion power armor is already are ok and shouldn't be best defense armor in the game coz bonus stats already gives you a huge advantage in combat especially if you a dodge character with 1handed weapon.
Well, stats for some metal BS armor om max crafting skill:
1) manica, the litest: 6 DR and 15 vsCS;
2) auxilar: 7 DR, 55 vsCS
3) lorica hamata: 8 DR, 60 vsCS
4) lorica musculata: 9 DR, 75 vsCS
5) lorica segmentata: 10 DR, 85 vsCS
6) praetorian: 11 DR, 85 vsCS
7) imperial: 13 DR, 100 vsCS

It is for blue steel, with sky metal +1 DR. So, the point is: "the finest pre-war armor" is so far from "best defense armor" that it actually not even moderate in terms of protection, but pretty closer to the worst. Stat bonuses are good but nothing incredible, you can have additional AP, damage and regeneration by other means which not so rare as power tubes. And even if low DR can be correct balance-wise, the vsCS rating is obviously wrong.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:32:19 am by menyalin » Logged
Erhog
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2018, 12:24:06 pm »

It is for blue steel, with sky metal +1 DR. So, the point is: "the finest pre-war armor" is so far from "best defense armor" that it actually not even moderate in terms of protection, but pretty closer to the worst. Stat bonuses are good but nothing incredible, you can have additional AP, damage and regeneration by other means which not so rare as power tubes. And even if low DR can be correct balance-wise, the vsCS rating is obviously wrong.

Only heavy armors at max crafting got better vCS stat. But for getting power armor you don't need crafting at all. Again - you could wear crafted armor and it's worth ton of SP to get max crafting. Or you can just get pwoer armor for 1 word of honor. Yes, it's late game but still. AoD balanced pretty well in choises like this - you should sacrifice something to get other and vica versa. Example - you can make excellent fighter with high str/agility/con and going stright through the game killing anything on your way but you will gimping your con/int/cha and some quests and interractions will be closet for you. Or you can make a peaceful walktrough with social stats. And ofc you can make a hybrid that will be fine in many situations but will lack some strength of pure fiter and lack some stats/skill for pure talker checks. I personally think this challenging is what make AoD different by many other rpgs and gives alot replayability.

A little suggestion to mini modfix:

In monastery safe we found several potions include Amaranthus Extract. Would be great to add this elixirs like  some neurostimulants, berserker potions, maybe vial of dragon's blood.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:28:29 pm by Erhog » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2018, 02:51:29 pm »

Sunfire, I hope you keep this passion for when the new game comes out Smile

Approve Approve Approve
I'll try my best if I'll have time - you know, kids are growing, etc...

I'm disagree with it:
(click to show/hide)
'cause you can whirlwind with 2H weapons too. I'll better try to add another whirlwind attacks - for 1H weapons only.

4) Prohibit whirlwind attack for short daggers.
Why?
Don't know how, btw.
ItemGen editor can set attack type for each weapon (not group or class). Btw, some bladed weapons (Scimitar, The Chopper, Qantari Sword, Shovel - it's a spear-class weapon, btw) do hammer whirlwind attack (ID 16), not blade one (ID 27). Got to check if devs are expected to use it with an axes (Zaghnal, Skeggox, Mineb, Shadavar, Labrys, Pickaxe, The Pendulum of Judgement, Black Dow, Qantari Axe) - no, judging by this and this:
(click to show/hide)

A little suggestion to mini modfix:
(click to show/hide)
In monastery safe we found several potions include Amaranthus Extract. Would be great to add this elixirs like  some neurostimulants, berserker potions, maybe vial of dragon's blood.
Added here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:57:08 am by Sunfire » Logged
menyalin
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2018, 03:07:58 am »

I'm disagree with it:
(click to show/hide)
'cause you can whirlwind with 2H weapons too. I'll better try to add another whirlwind attacks - for 1H weapons only.
Agree, in such case separate attack script for 1h weapons needed. I thought that there is no whirlwind for twohanders for some reason and didn't check it.

4) Prohibit whirlwind attack for short daggers.
Why?
Don't know how, btw.
ItemGen editor can set attack type for each weapon (not group or class).
Isn't it too short for current big area of efect? For lesser AoE it will be correct, i think.
Sunfire
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2018, 03:16:23 am »

I'm disagree with it:
Agree, in such case separate attack script for 1h weapons needed. I thought that there is no whirlwind for twohanders for some reason and didn't check it.
I'll add it.

Isn't it too short for current big area of efect? For lesser AoE it will be correct, i think.
Sure, I'll set their whirlwind AoE to 1H.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:21:41 am by Sunfire » Logged
Üstad
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:05 am »

Is there any way to add new crafting modifier to bows and spears? Such as adding critical strike chance in crafting modifier in bows and make the spear 'longer' allow to reach more than one tiles. If not is there any way to add craftable one handed long spears such as Kadmos Skewer?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: