Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CSG update #15 - stealth overview  (Read 24981 times)
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2017, 05:38:32 pm »

Vince, you are making the game in UE4, right? And there was something about 'half a year to get to know the engine' i think.

I don't mind discussing the engine and sharing our finds, but I can't imagine the format. Just posting random links to code snippets, plugins, answerhub threads? I doubt it's going to be very helpful. Usually, when doing something, you have something very specific to learn and achieve. Maybe a blog would be a appropriate, each post dedicated to doing something interesting, but updating and maintaining it would require too much time, like a separate project.

If you have other suggestions or some specific questions you think we might help you with, feel free to post them.

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
Cosmomemory

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 04:29:56 am »

Just posting random links to code snippets, plugins, answerhub threads? I doubt it's going to be very helpful. Usually, when doing something, you have something very specific to learn and achieve. Maybe a blog would be a appropriate, each post dedicated to doing something interesting, but updating and maintaining it would require too much time, like a separate project.

The random link spam was more or less what i was thinking about actually, like you said, making a blog takes too much time and effort.
Maybe making a small comment from time to time if you choose to. For example: that drone i posted will not work, since its a single object, - the rotors should have been separate both for shading and beveling.

Also one could make argument about the 'not going to be helpfull', if you know what you are doing, sure you might have a few gaps in knowledge that you need to close so you can proceed - in those cases absolutely, random link spam wont help too much, however i am a solo autist who knew nothing about making a game up untill very recently. You guys are absolutely amazing with your work, so if YOU found something helpfull i sure as hell could use it, same for anyone else in my hypothetical situation.

So yeh, the few random links was precisely what i was thinking about. <3
And only if you have time to share those, there is so much work to do, so little time for all of us.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 07:26:48 am »

Alright, if you think it may be useful, I'll start the thread later on today.

Oscar
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:21 am »

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7470.new.html

Oscar
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print