Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Shelter - Official Dead State ForumDead State General Discussion (No Spoilers) (Moderators: Brian, Caidoz, DrunkZombie, Christina, SunwardMold)Hi,liked the game very much,even though there was a lot i thought should have
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi,liked the game very much,even though there was a lot i thought should have  (Read 4953 times)
tkobo
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:09:53 pm »

been done differently....

Its been a while,and i see State of Decay has a number 2 in the works.So im wondering....

1)How did you guys do with this game,well enough for a second version ?

2) i think the first version would have been more embraced,had it had an open end play option.One in which the player didnt have to escape,but instead was allowed to concentrate on building a civilization (or trying to). If you feel a second version is possible,would you consider such a play option ?

DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »

Glad you liked the game.  While the game made a profit, there wasn't enough sales for them to make it worth making a sequel.

I thought of making a mod to make it open ended at one time, but the problem is by the end of the game there is no where else to explore.  There are no places to loot and nothing new to investigate.  The game was about exploring the way humans act in a crisis so it was made with a tailored story and locations in mind.  There isn't any random maps beside the few random encounters.  Unfortunately, a sandbox what not the kind of gameplay the devs wanted to make.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
simoorish
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 09:11:03 am »

Glad you liked the game.  While the game made a profit, there wasn't enough sales for them to make it worth making a sequel.

I thought of making a mod to make it open ended at one time, but the problem is by the end of the game there is no where else to explore.  There are no places to loot and nothing new to investigate.  The game was about exploring the way humans act in a crisis so it was made with a tailored story and locations in mind.  There isn't any random maps beside the few random encounters.  Unfortunately, a sandbox what not the kind of gameplay the devs wanted to make.

i assume there havent big enough sales because of the engine, lot of people had problems with hardware configuration, the game run bad sometimes, but definitely the devloppers should think about dead state 2, changing the engine and making more improvments Smile making the game sandbox or rpg somehow (a good engine to suggest Living World Architecture (LWA) ), with a lot of quests, start the camp from a school and be able to move and settle in another location like prison or army base until found by enemies or attacked by hordes Smile form squads of scavengers or fighters or guards, buildings or departmenets inside the shelter, schools, training, hospital, etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: