Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGDungeon RatsMurderous Psychopath - Ironman
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Murderous Psychopath - Ironman  (Read 601 times)
Dewey_Master
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:23 pm »

I figured there was a thread for solo play, so why not one for Ironman? I'd be interested to hear people's experiences and strategies.

I'm in the early stages of my first serious attempt right now, just getting access to Hieron and getting everyone's equipment ready to go. We'll see if I'm ready for Roxana or not.

In my first playthrough, I had 4 CON (solo spear) and in the second no defense skill (10 CHA xbow) throughout the entire game. Through the first experience, I learned the dangers of ranged opponents and the limits of dodge (from an Ironman perspective); through the second, I learned how much the AI picks on the PC (not sure if true, but it seems that way). This playthrough, everything is reversed, as I am fielding a 9/4/10/4/4/9 character. Right before facing Roxana, my PC has an attack rating of -5 and a defense rating of 128 (143vRanged). It's been interesting using him as an offensive lineman directing traffic with shield bash and blocking the flow of traffic. He is virtually immune to damage this early into the game and can often keep the attention of three opponents while the rest of the squad faces off against one or two guys. Now with block at maximum, I'll start pumping spear and really dictate the shape of the battle. Maybe I'll even get the odd attack off.
Arizael
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 11:35:11 pm »

Interesting approach. However I think that your spear THC will be so abysmal that your interrupts will get dodged or blocked.

Instead i would go for CS and javelins. Bash traffic to the ground and pin them with the pointy end.
Dewey_Master
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:41:25 pm »

Quote from: Oscar via codex
New Design for bombs:
- Chance to knockdown uses the CS value. Before it was tile based (100% if you were at the center, half for each tile away).
- Center of explosion adds 30% to CS chance. Distance from center of explosion lowers this value.
- Knockdowns are less likely to happen, and even negated by very high CON characters (or increased for very low ones!).
- Added chance to break armor. Frag bombs increases the chance.
- Criticals increase damage.

Regarding knockdown, it now depends a bit more on CON. A CON 4 character gets 90% to be knocked down if at the center of the explosion, CON 9 10%, CON 10 negates the chance. Facing bonus applies, though! Can range from 10 to 25.

They hit harder, and will break armor more often. And have improved visuals and sounds.

Wow! That would have come in handy! In the third river fight, I was struck with a bomb, knocked down (negating my defense entirely), and quickly pincushioned to near death by archers I would have yawned at had I been standing.

Any clue when this update will be implemented?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: