Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGDungeon RatsInterface bugs and suggestions
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interface bugs and suggestions  (Read 25254 times)
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2016, 10:13:01 am »

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:29:17 am »

All suggestions, no bugs.

• scroll wheel scrolls the list of lootable bodies in the loot screen, when the mouse is over the central section
  • crafting (incl. decompose screen): mouse over items and resources shows names in tooltip
  • during combat prep stage: clicking on party member's portrait in action queue selects them
  • during combat prep stage and regular combat: mousing over an enemy will subtly highlight their portrait in the action queue.

I am constantly trying to select my own units by clicking on their portrait, it feels like such a natural way to select party members.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:24:18 am by agris » Logged
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:57:46 am »

Good suggestions, we will implement most of them, but "regular combat: clicking on party member's portrait in action queue selects them" would never be implemented as you can only control the character whose active turn is now... It's not like in X-COM in which you control all your party members during your party's turn, then the enemy moves all of them. Here it is on an individual basis.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 11:23:36 am »

Good suggestions, we will implement most of them, but "regular combat: clicking on party member's portrait in action queue selects them" would never be implemented as you can only control the character whose active turn is now... It's not like in X-COM in which you control all your party members during your party's turn, then the enemy moves all of them. Here it is on an individual basis.

Ah of course! I meant during the positioning phase.
Wrath of Dagon
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

F1 key for help still doesn't work, would be nice to be able to go back and read parts of the tutorial if you forget something.

Don't graze me bro!

4 8 10 10 4 4
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 12:03:16 pm »

F1 key for help still doesn't work, would be nice to be able to go back and read parts of the tutorial if you forget something.

It's implemented for the new update.

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 01:00:40 pm »

Hey Nick, here's another UI suggestion. Please make the combat log resizable/movable like it was in AoD!
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 01:10:29 pm »

This gets requested a lot, so I guess we have to do it =)

Oscar
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 04:01:27 pm »

Thanks. Got a strange UI bug today, look at the Attack Rating breakdown on the right. http://i.imgur.com/LbT4pxW.jpg

Link to my console.log: http://pastebin.com/iM7gcmcV
Wrath of Dagon
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 08:58:22 pm »

Character screen shows the breakdown of your defense, but shouldn't it show the break down of your vsCS also? And the help screen doesn't mention vsCS having anything to do with your own CS, seems strange, is that right?

Edit: This wasn't in the old version, and I don't see it in the new version, unless it's because I'm using a previous save. You can tell the poison strength of an equipped throwing weapon by mousing over, but I don't see any way to tell the poison strength of a missile in inventory.

Edit: I don't even understand how poisoning missiles works. I can either poison one missile at a time if I hold it in my hand, but it says it has 20 poison uses, or I can poison the crossbow! So how do you get a stack of poisoned missiles? Seems like a very inconsistent interface. Also if you load and unload a poisoned missile from inventory screen, it becomes non-poisoned, may be that's as intended.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:18:29 pm by Wrath of Dagon » Logged

Don't graze me bro!

4 8 10 10 4 4
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:54:16 am »

Edit: I don't even understand how poisoning missiles works. I can either poison one missile at a time if I hold it in my hand, but it says it has 20 poison uses, or I can poison the crossbow! So how do you get a stack of poisoned missiles? Seems like a very inconsistent interface. Also if you load and unload a poisoned missile from inventory screen, it becomes non-poisoned, may be that's as intended.

There was a problem with poisoning arrows for some time, but we didn't have time to fix it before the update. Working on it now.

Oscar
Wrath of Dagon
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 09:09:51 am »

The help screen for critical should say that that's how it works for fast, normal and power attacks, but for special attacks it's a different formula, "see under attack description". Also it would be good to actually write down the formula instead of just describing it. Also seems strange to me that strength doesn't affect the crossbow damage, but does affect special criticals.

Don't graze me bro!

4 8 10 10 4 4
sthalik
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:55:23 pm »

Please allow for removing the camera jamp when changing characters during pre-combat.
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:31 pm »

There was a problem with poisoning arrows for some time, but we didn't have time to fix it before the update. Working on it now.

Whatever number of 'attacks' a poison works for, should poison that many missiles in a stack. I think that's a common sense solution.
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 01:32:48 pm »

Thanks for adding the new material tooltips in the crafting screen, it will make it easier for new players. The crafting breakdown screen still lacks a tooltip for what resource is generated, though.

Are you guys still planning to support mouse-wheel scrolling of bodies in the loot screen?

edit: the crafting material tooltips use the AoD material names - mithril and meteor - rather than DR's blue steel and sky metal.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:56:19 pm by agris » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: