Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGDungeon RatsInterface bugs and suggestions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interface bugs and suggestions  (Read 8779 times)
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 09:16:54 am »

Minor improvement: the rings and amulet slots should be removed from inventory interface.

edit: the crafting material tooltips use the AoD material names - mithril and meteor - rather than DR's blue steel and sky metal.
Yeah, I also noted that. That's confusing for new players.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 03:39:31 am »

Minor improvement: the rings and amulet slots should be removed from inventory interface.
Set CHA to 10, and hire the Construct and the Guardian Wink

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 03:48:37 am »

Oh, the ring of the Magi and the nullifier amulet are back?

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
sthalik
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 08:12:07 am »

Crafting material stack sizes are visible in crafting tab but aren't droppable. Stack sizes aren't visible in the inventory tab but are droppable there.
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 03:47:02 am »

From Kirinyale's ironman post on Steam:

To developers:

1) Please add a poison level indicator somewhere (with constitution adjustment, of course). I'm SO tired of searching the combat log to check if someone is going to die on his next turn.

2) Since we have to do a lot of decomposing in DR, filtering items by material would be extremely useful. Especially for hardened leather.

3) How about auto-sorting the inventory (if you insist on keeping this awful fallout-style vertical strip)? Filters are nice, but when you have 3 kinds of bombs, 2 kinds of neurostims etc, and they are all over the place, it's an absolute horror.

4) Weapon schematics should also be sorted by weapon type, regardless of the order in which I add them.
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:00 am »

To developers:

Please DON'T auto-switch me to a random different weapon when I suddenly run out of throwing knives!!! Just keep the empty hand/slot active. I can handle it myself - just make sure I have a chance to notice what happened!
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 05:55:55 pm »

Sometimes hovering over an enemy to attack switches the cursor back and forth and doesn't allow to be clicked to attack. Not reproducable, but happened relatively often.

It happened just now to ColonelRPGs twitch stream, so when he posts it, you may be able to see.
Wrath of Dagon
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 08:54:18 pm »

The character creation tutorial should prominently point out that DEX and STR boost different weapons and defenses. That's easy to miss if you don't hover in the right place, in fact I've missed it until just now. Edit: I don't like it either because my favorite build is a 2-H 12AP hammer, but I'm heavily penalized for that.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:58:05 pm by Wrath of Dagon » Logged

Secondly--MURDER? Merely because I had planned the duel and provoked the quarrel! Never had I heard anything so preposterous.
Wrath of Dagon
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 07:52:36 pm »

Using the scroll arrow on the log window pans the camera, since it's at the bottom edge. This can be solved by moving the window, but still.
In the fight with deep cave wounded scolopendra, log said aimed torso was reducing its armor DR to 60%, but attack description says 75%.
In the F1 help screen shield description still says it helps against ranged for dodge, but that's been changed. Not sure if it still helps against CS, as it says.

Secondly--MURDER? Merely because I had planned the duel and provoked the quarrel! Never had I heard anything so preposterous.
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 03:26:38 am »

Short attack hint (when hovering mouse cursor over the target) changes to full too long. Is there any possibility to speed it up or show only the full hint always?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:06:05 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 01:43:29 pm »

File help.english.cs - the abbreviations section should be welcome:

// Number 15
$HelpItemTitle[$HelpScreenItemsCount] = "16 - ABBREVIATIONS";
$HelpItemText[$HelpScreenItemsCount] = "<spush><font:Charlemagne Std:34><color:FEFEFEFF>16 - ABBREVIATIONS<spop><br><br>AoO - Attack of Opportunity<br>AP - Action Points<br>ADC - Armor Damage Chance<br>CS - Critical Strike<br>Dmg - Damage<br>DR - Damage Resistance<br>HP - Hit Points<br>IA - Interrupt Attack<br>SP - Skill Points<br>THC - To Hit Chance<br>vsBlock - Versus Block<br>vsCS - Versus Criticals<br>vsDR - Versus Damage Resistance<br>vsRanged - Versus Ranged Weapon<br>CHA - Charisma<br>CON - Constitution<br>DEX - Dexterity<br>INT - Intelligence<br>PER - Perception<br>STR - Strength";
$HelpScreenItemsCount++;
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:29:13 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Wrath of Dagon
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 08:34:03 pm »

Minor bug: If open the inventory screen and hover over the equipped scimitar, can't see the very bottom line of the description on the left.

Edit: I guess there's still no way to see what your vsCS break down is, very inconvenient. The shield would boost vsCS even for dodge?

* Gaius1482803385_display issue.zip (18.64 KB - downloaded 53 times.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:46:19 pm by Wrath of Dagon » Logged

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 06:59:11 am »

I need to summarize here - which attacks' descriptions aren't displayed in the textbox (log).
Plz, post here with screenshots if you encounter any blank lines in the textbox (the window in the lower left corner) during the combat - and which type of attack has lead to it.

Let's start:
1) Throw Acid [20].
2) Ranged Aimed: Legs attack [51].
3) Guardian (Demon) Slash [27->31].

See attached pic.

* screenshot_014-00000.jpg (73.77 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 117 times.)

* Ranged Aimed Legs.jpg (142.38 KB, 1280x800 - viewed 121 times.)

* Guardian Slash.jpg (207.4 KB, 1280x800 - viewed 116 times.)

* DR FR Debug Textbox 1.jpg (671.5 KB, 1680x1050 - viewed 108 times.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:25:52 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:12:39 am »

Do you need it in official language or in the translated one? (cause what is already written in the log can't be switched in English)
It seems I got some missing entries for Whirlwind too (do I have to check if it happens for each kind of weapon which are able to perform such attack? it could take time)
update : pretty sure some xbow shooting are missing too, but i can't remember which kind of shooting exactly. Got to check that
That was already reported here:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7258.msg149436.html#msg149436
(still got to check the type of attack though)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:21:44 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 07:22:47 am »

Do you need it in official language or in the translated one? (cause what is already written in the log can't be switched in English)
It's up to you - all can be helpful.

It seems I got some missing entries for Whirlwind too (do I have to check if it happens for each kind of weapon which are able to perform such attack? it could take time)
Seems like only bladed weapon's Whirlwind attack has no description.

update : pretty sure some xbow shooting are missing too, but i can't remember which kind of shooting exactly. Got to check that
Especially aimed: arms and aimed: legs

Also missing:
Throw Acid
Throw Opponent
Elder Scorpion Claw Attack on you (or your companion, or Ismail).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:31:11 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: