Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGDungeon RatsFirst impressions and general feedback
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First impressions and general feedback  (Read 7140 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 10:23:30 am »

New Design for bombs:
- Chance to knockdown uses the CS value. Before it was tile based (100% if you were at the center, half for each tile away).
- Center of explosion adds 30% to CS chance. Distance from center of explosion lowers this value.
- Knockdowns are less likely to happen, and even negated by very high CON characters (or increased for very low ones!).
- Added chance to break armor. Frag bombs increases the chance.
- Criticals increase damage.

Regarding knockdown, it now depends a bit more on CON. A CON 4 character gets 90% to be knocked down if at the center of the explosion, CON 9 10%, CON 10 negates the chance. Facing bonus applies, though! Can range from 10 to 25.

They hit harder, and will break armor more often. And have improved visuals and sounds.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:43:46 am by Oscar » Logged

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 10:49:03 am »

What is the CS value based on ? Just general CS ?
Could it be based partly on throwing so throwing characters have an additional way to hurt more ?

Also, maybe add higher radius bombs ? For now they all do that 5 tile damage, what about increasing it ?
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 11:08:18 am »

Could it be based partly on throwing so throwing characters have an additional way to hurt more?

It's based on the tooltip that was there all along but an old design got in the way and overrode it Tongue

20 + (Center of Explosion Bonus) - (Victim CON-6) x20

I'll check about throwing for a later update, unifying the system in that regard.

Also, maybe add higher radius bombs ? For now they all do that 5 tile damage, what about increasing it ?

I guess you never crafted the strong version... 13 tiles for all your exploding pleasure Smile

Wrath of Dagon
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 11:23:46 am »

Since facing is so important in this game why can't you change facing in combat? Or can you?

Edit: How about dodge giving some protection from bombs? Dodge generally has low armor and low CON. It's already tough to play that build, now it's going to be worse. CON is already overpowered, now it's going to be worse.

Also I want more SP for solo. By the time my dodge is maxed out and negated by tougher enemies (Yngvar), I need either high crafting or high CS.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:39:06 am by Wrath of Dagon » Logged

Secondly--MURDER? Merely because I had planned the duel and provoked the quarrel! Never had I heard anything so preposterous.
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 11:24:46 am »

Could it be based partly on throwing so throwing characters have an additional way to hurt more?

It's based on the tooltip that was there all along but an old design got in the way and overrode it Tongue

20 + (Center of Explosion Bonus) - (Victim CON-6) x20

I'll check about throwing for a later update, unifying the system in that regard.

I guess you never crafted the strong version... 13 tiles for all your exploding pleasure Smile

Oh, didn't realise. What's the formula for that ?

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 01:13:04 pm »

Oh, didn't realise. What's the formula for that?

Oil + Salt Petrae.

Goral
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 02:46:00 pm »

You mean black powder + salt petrae.
Stealth
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 05:35:58 pm »

CON is already overpowered, now it's going to be worse.

First time I've read that on this whole forum!  Wink

Heh, I think there's more enemies that can poison you in the first hour of this game than in the entirety of AoD.

Anyway this game needs either fast travel between camps or shortcuts that can be unlocked. I was pissed when I reached Old Town after Yngvir only for the elevator to be out of order.
Stealth
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:00:10 pm »

That feeling when you feel like a fucking genius.

Seriously fuck that Enforcer! He hit my tank for 26 damage in one hit!
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 07:52:42 am »

Salute
Stealth
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 10:01:45 pm »

Having slaughtered the entire century on Murderous Psychopath, here is my review video of Dungeon Rats:

(click to show/hide)
Godbluff
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »

I finished the game (on Murderous Psychopath, ça va sans dire) once for each party size: with two companions on my first playthrough, then with three and 10 Cha, with Marcus alone and solo on the last one. It's hard to compare the difficulty, as I got better with experience, but it felt like the game was actually harder with a large party at first, since both you and your companions tend to be quite unskilled, and easier later on, when you can max out a few skills and field a devastating firepower.

On solo, I used a 7 10 7 10 4 2 swordsman (for the bleeding effect), with no critical strike (because it's mutually exclusive with the bleeding). The high perception allowed me to concentrate on dodge while on the bottom level, which helped a lot. Using a shield for the extra range defence and vsCS was essential even on a dodger, especially in the late game. Most of the times I died because I was stupidly attempting to replicate my party tactics on a solo game. This was particularly true on the "Nordom" battle: in a team based game, I found that the best course of action was to
(click to show/hide)
In solo, I had to do the exact opposite:
(click to show/hide)
The last battle, which by the way is as epic as it should be, was surprisingly won after a single reload.

Anyway, DR provided a great and fun challenge; every battle was winnable with the right approach, no matter how impossible it looked at first. I also enjoyed the many small references to AoD.  Approve
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:32:55 pm by Godbluff » Logged
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 02:40:58 pm »

The main ending fight was a bit boring.
The game is begging for more art.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Stealth
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 11:02:57 pm »

Scorpion claws should not cause poison.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 02:53:18 am »

Haha, true. Let's assume these are mutant scorpions from Thoragothgard.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: