Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions and issues  (Read 23753 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2016, 11:03:17 pm »

How do you open the doors to get to the Emperor without activating the demon? Someone on Steam said that it's possible to recruit him with less than 10 CHA if you kill Emperor first (and the dialogue in FTY_NPC_Demon dialogue there are lines: “Know that you killed the insect who tricked me and mained me, and for that I'm grateful. Lead me to your enemies, human.” but I don't see how's that possible. I have 10 INT, and using 206 SP that I had left I've maxed out crafting and there's no way to open these doors. Killing 3 constructs near the machine and using the panel also doesn't work (it only opens the machine doors).

Remains of an old, dropped design.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Dewey_Master
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »

Activated construct then swapped him out without having used him back at the forge. He remained stationed at the forge. After activating guardian, I cannot find construct at the forge, at the facility, or at his original location. Any guesses where I can find him?
NewAgeOfPower
Craftsman

Herp Herp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2016, 12:00:04 am »

Activated construct then swapped him out without having used him back at the forge. He remained stationed at the forge. After activating guardian, I cannot find construct at the forge, at the facility, or at his original location. Any guesses where I can find him?

Are you running on the new patch? Original release had some issues with party members.
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2016, 04:54:30 am »

I am now at the point where I need to fight one elder worm and a few others. I'm sure I can beat them, but I am just wondering what the strategies are that people use against them as they can move around the party all the time.

Also, am I supposed to use all of my resources or hoard them like I usually do ?
I have 9 bombs and 7 whetstones as well as enough alchemical plants to open a vegetarian restaurant...  Panic
NewAgeOfPower
Craftsman

Herp Herp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2016, 10:59:41 am »

I used a bunch of Acid & Fire vs worms. If I were running ironman, I'd probably use some whetstones too.

Locking down the Elder worm with a high def tank is very important to prevent casualties. Good luck.
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2016, 11:20:08 am »

Oooh. Acid. I need to start using that.

I did get through the worms. I wasn't using any poison as I thought they were immune, but then thought: "these aren't ants" and I tried again. That let me win in only a few tries.

I am going to start a new game of AoD after this for sure!
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2016, 04:33:56 am »

Quick question, what do the modifiers on the poison and acids mean (e.g. potent) ?
NewAgeOfPower
Craftsman

Herp Herp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2016, 11:22:21 am »

Quick question, what do the modifiers on the poison and acids mean (e.g. potent) ?

Adding Emoryl to poisons extends the duration of the poison effect. Given the relative rarity of Emoryl in Dungeon Rats (and the inability to go to shops to buy more of it) I do not recommend doing this.

Strong Acids melt 1 extra armor rating. Splash Acids do 5 damage. You can figure this out by reading the item effects in bottom left corner, actually.
SniperHF
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2016, 02:22:53 am »

Attempted to throw some liquid fire at a carnivorous plant (fight with 2 plants + 1 scorpion monster).  The fire hit the plant but an hour glass appeared on the screen, the fire effect never came, and the damage never got done.

Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »

Adding Emoryl to poisons extends the duration of the poison effect. Given the relative rarity of Emoryl in Dungeon Rats (and the inability to go to shops to buy more of it) I do not recommend doing this.

Strong Acids melt 1 extra armor rating. Splash Acids do 5 damage. You can figure this out by reading the item effects in bottom left corner, actually.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the descriptions don't always seem to match what it can do.

Another question:

Those locked containers, that say [crafting]. How much crafting is necessary ? Hieron has 8 and I still cannot open those...

EDIT: I figured out Hieron had to be selected to unpick those containers. Approve
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:52:16 pm by Pladio » Logged
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2016, 04:25:35 am »

I'm on the outside, beat the guards in three waves, but I am wondering if there's something in the barn. It says I need a key, but I can't find it. Does it come later?
huckc
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2016, 09:57:43 am »

I'm on the outside, beat the guards in three waves, but I am wondering if there's something in the barn. It says I need a key, but I can't find it. Does it come later?

The key is upstairs along with a very interesting plot point.
Pladio
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Upstairs where ? In one of the other buildings ?

EDIT:

Sorry, I missed the stairs Grin Wallbang Wallbang
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:16:14 pm by Pladio » Logged
agris
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »

Are you running on the new patch? Original release had some issues with party members.

Newest patch on steam, also lost my construct NPC after dismissing him to the Forge and retaking the temple / failing to recruit the Demon.

edit: (c&p from the codex) I activate the demon / claim the ancient facility without the construct in my party (it's at the forge), and he doesn't appear on the podium in the facility. If I activate the demon with the construct in my party, he's in the facility and on his podium like he should be.

Quick1 doesn't have construct in the active party, it is waiting in the Forge camp. Activate the demon and note that the construct is missing from the podium / ancient facility camp.

Quick2 has the construct in the ancient facility camp. The trick was to go back to the Forge and add him to the party before activating, and failing to recruit, the demon. Then it appears.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:49:45 pm by agris » Logged
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2016, 10:24:49 am »

Oh wow, I don't want to miss all the content with the barn  Panic
BTW, somewhere in the dungeons there was a bridge with a lever lifting it on the other side, I wonder how to get there. Somewhere there on the other side there was a curiously looking metal platform. I'll go make a screenshot.

UPD: I can see there is a way to the old town
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:37:24 am by Vahhabyte » Logged

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: