Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD 2?  (Read 1248 times)
Fed

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2016, 02:50:27 am »

That surely is a looong shot, but there is a big appeal to play again in a world you know. To learn more of it's lore, to see how things turned out, etc.
I'm pretty sure AoD2 is not happening in a near future with all the plans you already have.

Do you have any thoughts on that account? Do you even want to create a new game in the same setting - expanding it, showing it from a different perspective (I know about the Dungeon Rats but personally I hardly see it this way, I'm talking about propper full-scale rpg, not just combat with a pinch of flavor Grin )?

It might be different considering the huge consequences of some of the player's actions... But skip a hundred of years and most of it will be some fables and legends - never full, sometimes contradicting each other, full of misunderstandings... As most of the lore avalible in game. Grin
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:00:34 pm »

We had plans for a sequel if the game sells really well. The sequel would explore the Qantari culture and their relationship with their 'gods'.

You'd join an expedition sent by House Aurelian shortly before the events of the first game. As in AoD, you'd be able to pick from different backgrounds: a praetor representing House Aurelian, a thief chained to the galley, a merchant representing the Commercium and tasked with establishing a trading outpost, a merc hired to protect the expedition (one of many, of course), a Boatmen assigned to the praetor, etc.

So if we get a chance to revisit the AoD world, that's the game we'd make.
Alasher
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 08:27:59 am »

I do hope I'll live long enough to see that lol Anyway, if you'll end on KS or Fig with AoD 2, count me in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: