Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGSystem Crash (Moderator: Gareth)strange bug causing game to stall
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: strange bug causing game to stall  (Read 2102 times)
hogboblin
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:52:00 am »

Hey, just bought the game a few days ago, enjoying it so far for the most part, but I have this really weird problem that happens about one in ten matches. I'll attempt to give as much info as I can.

The game stops responding to any key presses in the middle of a match, at the beginning of the human player's turn. The "surrender flag" icon can be clicked with the mouse but the menu does nothing, also refuses to respond, requiring that the game be completely exited and restarted.

I've noticed that just before this occurs, the computer player always "passes" their turn, not playing any cards and not even receiving Credits. The player's "beginning of turn" things like hacking do not get resolved, though new cards are drawn. Sometimes, the player can still click "continue" to pass their turn, and the computer can play fine from this point on, but the human player is completely unresponsive.

If there's any kind of log or whatever I can send that would be helpful, please let me know and I will.
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:18:22 am »

Hi hogboblin.

Sorry you're experiencing this. Sounds like something is silently failing in the background.

Please send output_log.txt from your \System Crash\System Crash_Data\ folder to contact@roguemoonstudios.com with the text description you've just posted here.

I'll take a look and see what I can find. Definitely something wonky there!

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
hogboblin
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:15:02 am »

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll send it along next time I encounter it so that it should be the most recent data in the log. Smile
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 11:48:54 am »

Salute

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
hogboblin
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:15:08 pm »

Hi again, a few days ago I submitted the log and the information to the email address you suggested, but I never got a reply, so I though I'd upload it here instead. Still happening quite often, kind of a bummer, but not totally unbearable.

* output_log.txt (1678.56 KB - downloaded 30 times.)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 06:08:54 am »

Hi Hobgoblin.

Sorry this is taking so long man. I'm still trying to find out what's causing this.

Can you send me your computer specs, please?

Also, this is going to sound odd, but can I have details about your mouse settings? Go to control panel, check the Mouse Properties. Can you send me screenshots of what you have under the Buttons and Pointer Options tab?

Thanks.

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: