Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of Decadence (Moderator: Vahha)>> Bug reports and improvements: Ganezzar and sublocations @ release version <<
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: >> Bug reports and improvements: Ganezzar and sublocations @ release version <<  (Read 22757 times)
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2018, 04:45:21 pm »

1) There is no combatSP reward for fight against Miltiades and his thugs. Save attached.
Adding 3 combat SP.

2) Quest_AG7_01.xml: should be +1 bodycount for successful poisoning of the legatus.
Fixing.

Also, civillSP suggestion: successfully persuade the legatus to send the guards out of the tent - 1-2 SP.
Adding 1 civil SP.

3) GNZ_Quest_Milt_02.xml: "Ты дважды пыряешь его и отпускаешь. Он делает шаг назад, подносит к лицу окровавленные руки, словно отказываясь поверить в произошедшее, затем его колени подгибаются, и он падает." - should be +1 bodycount.
Fixing.

4) There is no "Reach the Temple" quest complition in journal and no questSP reward for it.
Fixing. I believe that 15 SP should be enough, but after you interact with the tomb for better SP balance.

5) "AG9_01": changeRep(assassins, -10); changeRep(aurelian, -10); changeRep(crassus, 10); // Complete AG9 - Killed Hamza. - maybe setRep like in other similar cases ?
No, it has no direct rep damage to HA, only to AG, but I'll change some simple scripts changeRep(thieves, -x); to more complex ones if(dlgGetRep(thieves) > 0) setRep(thieves, -x); else changeRep(thieves, -x); in AG4_01...3 and AG5_03...4.

And +\- to loyalty in AG9_01 and  AG9_02 too. And maybe +1 combat rep for killing Hamza and two other boatmen in the guild.
Adding.

6) Suggestion: swap Regeneration Potion in the tample's safe to Amaranthus Extract - it's quite inconsistent to find this low-tech self-made elixir among the things of old magi. Also, maybe to add some other rare and basic alcemy compaunds, say, Dragon's Blood Extract, sulfur, etc.
Seems like editCustomItemlist doesn't work on this level - I just can't change it.

7) Quest_AG9_01.xml: "[критический удар - успех] [уклонение - успех] Кормчий, стоявший рядом, умирает мгновенно..." - should be +2 CS
"[критический удар - успех] [уклонение - неудача]" - +2 CS trainig too
"[успех] [ловкость - успех] Ещё несколько лет назад ты бы ни за что..." - +1 CS training
Fixing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:30:22 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2018, 01:34:08 am »

6) Suggestion: swap Regeneration Potion in the tample's safe to Amaranthus Extract - it's quite inconsistent to find this low-tech self-made elixir among the things of old magi. Also, maybe to add some other rare and basic alcemy compaunds, say, Dragon's Blood Extract, sulfur, etc.
Seems like editCustomItemlist doesn't work on this level - I just can't change it.
What is it? Possibly, it can be hex-edited in any case: search "Unique_RegenerationElixir" string in itemlits.dat and two bytes 0x2303 (item ID, 803 dec, LE) nearby. If it is proper record (didn't find anything like "dlgAddItem(803" in the scripts, so it should be in itemlists.dat), then just to swap one item to enother should be simple (edit the ID), but to add some new - possibly not that simple (it will be necessary to rewrite some of the offsets in the header). Can't test it until evening btw.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:48:44 am by menyalin » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2018, 02:24:22 am »

What is it? Possibly, it can be hex-edited in any case: search "Unique_RegenerationElixir" string in itemlits.dat and two bytes 0x2303 (item ID, 803 dec, LE) nearby. If it is proper record (didn't find anything like "dlgAddItem(803" in the scripts, so it should be in itemlists.dat), then just to swap one item to enother should be simple (edit the ID), but to add some new - possibly not that simple (it will be necessary to rewrite some of the offsets in the header). Can't test it until evening btw.
It's a scripting command from AoD editor that should open and edit Custom Item list that DOES NOT stored in the file itemlists.dat, theoretically. Practically it doesn't work on large levels Teron, Maadoran, Ganezzar, and Temple Interior, as it turned out. I've tried to hex-edit *.citems files, but it didn't work sometimes. Should try with The Temple Interior.citems.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:27:00 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2018, 12:12:16 pm »

It's a scripting command from AoD redactor that should open and edit Custom Item list that DOES NOT stored in the file itemlists.dat, theoretically. Practically it doesn't work on large levels Teron, Maadoran, Ganezzar, and Temple Interior, as it turned out. I've tried to hex-edit *.citems files, but it didn't work sometimes. Should try with The Temple Interior.citems.
Succesfully changed elixir to extract by HEX-editing The Temple Interior.citems.  To add some new items will not be difficult too - there are only two lists in file.

1) One of safes in the temple (one with ingots) has trap but not locked.

2) GNZ_FaelanFight.xml: should be -1 mushroom when eating it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:20:12 pm by menyalin » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2018, 12:26:24 pm »

Succesfully changed elixir to extract by HEX-editing The Temple Interior.citems.  To add some new items will not be difficult too - there are only two lists in file.
I think I know why devs put a basic Regeneration Potion here, not ingridient for higher-level one - so that players without the alchemy skill get a chance before the fight with Agathoth. But surely can be changed in CE mod.

I believe it's a matter of game design here - the other chest (herbal) isn't locked too. Or you insist that all trapped chests must be locked? Why?

2) GNZ_FaelanFight.xml: should be -1 mushroom when eating it.
Fixing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:36:44 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2018, 01:00:57 pm »

I think I know why devs put a basic Regeneration Potion here, not ingridient for higher-level one - so that players without the alchemy skill get a chance before the fight with Agathoth. But surely can be changed in CE mod.
Аgainst Agatot this elixir is least useful: it is good for long battles when enemies inflict small damage per turn. It is really not about Agatoth with his strong attack and strenghtening over time. Eagleeye Neurostimulant would be much more helpfull. Btw, it's not really bug, so better suited to CE, i agree.

I believe it's a matter of game design here - the other chest (herbal) isn't locked too. Or you insist that all trapped chests must be locked? Why?
Well... Don't know. Inconsistetnt a bit? It is safe: big and heavy metal box made for restricting access to inside, even with armed trap. But without lock?
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2018, 01:08:55 pm »

Аgainst Agatot this elixir is least useful: it is good for long battles when enemies inflict small damage per turn. It is really not about Agatoth with his strong attack and strenghtening over time. Eagleeye Neurostimulant would be much more helpfull. Btw, it's not really bug, so better suited to CE, i agree.
Ok, I'll change it to the Dragon's Blood Extract in CE mod.
Btw, could you gather all your mods suggestions in modding thread? I'll try to make a mod with them.

Well... Don't know. Inconsistetnt a bit? It is safe: big and heavy metal box made for restricting access to inside, even with armed trap. But without lock?
If only some magi (or their apprentices) forgot to lock it, but didn't forget to set a trap Wink
Ok, fixing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:28:58 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:25 pm »

Btw, could you gather all your mods suggestions in modding thread? I'llt try to make a mod with them.
Will do.

If only some magi (or their apprentices) forgot to lock it Wink
These old marasmatics...  Grin
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:21 am »

Got to move all rep changes like dlgChangeRep(x, y), dlgSetRep(x, y) from XML files to rewards_events.cs - Done.

I've found a loosed end - the var aod.npc_preacher_angry set to 1 if you anger Teron preacher somehow (throw a stone at him, argue with him unsuccessful, etc.). Either it must been deleted OR used in some dialogue options in Ganezzar - let's brainstorm where exactly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:00:55 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2018, 07:42:26 am »

Got to move all rep changes like dlgChangeRep(crassus, x) from XML files to rewards_events.cs - fixed.

I've found a not-loosed end - the var aod.npc_preacher_angry set to 1 if you anger Teron preacher somehow (throw a stone at him, argue with him unsuccessful, etc.). Either it must been deleted OR used in some dialogue options in Ganezzar - let's brainstorm where exactly.
And aod.npc_preacher_cast_doubt too. There is no hits for "aod.npc_preacher" in other files. I think it wasn't implemented and can't remember nothing suitable in Ganezzar.
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2018, 12:06:54 pm »

Hmmm... I think I'll just leave them "as is" for the future mods maybe.

There is no reward for fighting the Crassus Party or convinced them to leave as HD Praetor in Al-Akia.

Fixed here.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:33:03 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »

1) GNZ_NPC_Berengarius_01.xml: Cut his throat as a lesson to others. - should be +1 bodycount.

2) Civil SP: successfully persuade Berengarius to pay in Hector quest line - 1-2 SP.

3) Civil SP: successfully persuade Darganus' guards to surrender him in Hector quest line - 1-2 SP.

4) Need some additional loot in Darganus house to fit "Explore the house." line in GNZ_NPC_Darganus_02.xml (gold, jevelry, rare metals, etc).

5) GNZ_cityGate_zealots.xml: +1 civil SP on successfull [streetwise][persuasion] and [streetwise][etiquette] checks?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:10:14 am by menyalin » Logged
Erhog
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2018, 10:16:09 am »

TG09_1 got increasing TG reputation for betraying guild.

* Гарет1532274623_auto9.sav (1309.67 KB - downloaded 16 times.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:19:41 am by Erhog » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2018, 10:52:12 am »

1) GNZ_NPC_Berengarius_01.xml: Cut his throat as a lesson to others. - should be +1 bodycount.
Fixing.

2) Civil SP: successfully persuade Berengarius to pay in Hector quest line - 1-2 SP.
Adding 1 civil SP.

3) Civil SP: successfully persuade Darganus' guards to surrender him in Hector quest line - 1-2 SP.
Adding 1 civil SP.

4) Need some additional loot in Darganus house to fit "Explore the house." line in GNZ_NPC_Darganus_02.xml (gold, jevelry, rare metals, etc).
Judging by the text in the same file:
(click to show/hide)
the devs have designed this quest to avoid it.

5) GNZ_cityGate_zealots.xml: +1 civil SP on successfull [streetwise][persuasion] and [streetwise][etiquette] checks?
Adding 1 civil SP.

TG09_1 got increasing TG reputation for betraying guild.
That's right, judging by the file rewards_events.cs:
(click to show/hide)
betraying Glabrio (i.e. Ganezzar TG branch) is good for Levir (i.e. main or Maadoran TG branch).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:40:54 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

menyalin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2018, 01:18:36 pm »

Judging by the text in the same file:
(click to show/hide)
the devs have designed this quest to avoid it.
Why? Didn't understand. You check "Explore the house." line, then you in house, but it is empty except possible corpses. And there was unfinished secon flor with ghost chest?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: