Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of Decadence (Moderator: Vahha)>> Bug reports and improvements: Teron and sublocations @ release version <<
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: >> Bug reports and improvements: Teron and sublocations @ release version <<  (Read 38427 times)
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2019, 04:19:36 am »

The way I see it, the game shouldn't expulse PC at the entry of the area when he failed to overheat the machine, or at least, shouldn't give the player the option to sneak when you want to come back later IF PC is already considered as a loremaster or even Sohrab. No reason there to sneak.
Now, the disadvantage is that PC won't be able to loot the mine, unless he's free to move after you add the option : "return to the Decanus". So this option shouldn't open automatically the interactions dialogues.
Now, concerning the chest when you come back: the Decanus has the key, so it should be open and empty since he previously inserted the tube.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:42:16 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2019, 05:30:34 am »

A logical bug indeed: if you choose the sneaking option (and taking the tube), you shouldn't be able to interact with Decanus peacefully and ask him to insert the tube (he just hasn't it).
Also, Decanus shouldn't stay inside with the tube - he should put it to the chest and get out to the entrance.
Question is - should I prohibit to choose the sneaking option after the lore failure or not?

I've checked this issue with the hot-fix and EN version. The game errors too. I just haven't next line:
- Tell the Decanus to insert the tube : OK
only
- Insert the tube.
- Leave.
When you insert the tube and try to
- Complete the ritual.
you have a peacefull Decanus dialogue, which is a bug when you're sneaking.
When you try to
- Overheat the smelter.
you have next options:
- Leave! (this is correct one, 'cause you're sneaking)
- "I'll be right back. Watch the dials for me." Leave. (this one is bugged - there is no Decanus inside when you're sneaking)
But, I can just ignore the error and continue to play normally! Damn, the scripts are a mess there! Thus some missing scripts:
dlgTeleportToMarker(TM_Decanus_NPC_01, 1990); (return Decanus after failing the lore check)
aod.quest_teronMine_takenInside = false; (you're outside after failing the lore check)
aod.quest_teronMine_loremaster = false; (when you're sneaking)
aod.quest_teronMine_sohrab = false; (when you're sneaking)
They work just fine and fix the issue. I'll include them to the next bugs-fix along with agressive Decanus dialogue option when you're sneaking.

here are some lines in the ready to translate file (Teron_Mine_01.xml) when the Decanus lets you come in and bring you to the machines considering you're really a loremaster or (fake, but it's a thing he doesn't know) Sohrab:
You are in front of the control panel. It's a chaotic mess of pipes, levers, valves, and dials. You move a few levers, but nothing happens. You see an opening for a small object.
1. "Put the relic inside."

The Decanus carefully inserts the power tube into the opening. For a long time, nothing happens, but then the console lights up and a low humming sound spreads through the cave.
1. [lore]Recite an appropriate mantra.
a-> [failure]You have no idea what you're doing. You move a few levers, but nothing happens.
1.a.->-> 1. "I need to pray for divine guidance."
b-> [success]You put your hands on the controls and recite the 'commanding fire elementals to bless ore' mantra, performing the rite as you speak the ancient words...

So question is how to fix in case of failure at 1.a. :
Should the player be teleported at the entrance of the mine, should the Decanus remove the tube and put it back in the chest? How will the player come back if he's teleported away? If teleported away, should he be able to sneak to return near the machines? Should he be able to explore freely the mine ? Should a failure force the player to return to Dellar instead (= quest failed)? Should the Decanus stay there waiting for fake Sorhab/loremaster returns ? If you're forced to return to dellar, one can presume Sohrab, the real one, should arrive at the mine shortly after as only a Praetor get the option to intercept him via the HD questline. Here, as an assassin, PC didn't killed real Sohrab, so better close this quest if a failure forces PC to return to Dellar.

That's lot of question for a fix
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:45:55 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2019, 05:42:20 am »

Should the player be teleported at the entrance of the mine, should the Decanus remove the tube and put it back in the chest?
Yes and yes.

How will the player come back if he's teleported away?
Just walk toward the entrance.

If teleported away, should he be able to sneak to return near the machines?
Yes.

Should he be able to explore freely the mine ?
Yes, if the sneak is successful.

Should a failure force the player to return to Dellar instead (= quest failed)?
No.

Should the Decanus stay there waiting for fake Sorhab/loremaster returns ?
No, he must return to the entrance.

If you're forced to return to dellar, one can presume Sohrab, the real one, should arrive at the mine shortly after as only a Praetor get the option to intercept him vie the queltline. Here, as an assassin, PC didn't killed real Sohrab, so better close this quest if a failure forces PC to return to Dellar.
Hmm, no need, I suppose.

Fixed here, check it, plz.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:49:15 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2019, 06:20:58 am »

Downloaded and installed the hotfix : OK
But still, the game crashes in French (impersonate success -> overheat failure -> teleported away + upgrading Lore skill -> sneak success -> unlock chest + insert the module : success -> Overheat success (2 options from there):
-> "Leave" option. It works fine
-> "I'll be right back. Watch the dials for me." Leave. (game still crashes here)

And I still can't switch the game in English via gameplay/option menu in game. Editing the file pref.cs can't make me launch the game. Got to uninstall & reinstall everything.

Just need now few minutes to unsinstall & reinstall properly the game; without the French build this time.

edit #1 : after a new installation with the latest hotfix, I just followed the same steps (with sneaking when PC want to return to the machine) and it works fine when overheating it. No Decanus inside, he's just waiting outside. Overheating teleports the PC outside with some dialogues, it's OK there, the mine is destroyed.

But, if PC returns to the machine simply by talking his way in instead of sneaking ("let me pass, I'm here to see the machines"), then nothing happens after overheating the machines. There are still some unconsistant dialogue there : the Decanus waits PC near the machine which is OK, and you can tell him to insert the relic (narrate : The Decanus carefully inserts the power tube inside...). But the chest is still locked and you can loot one module inside. After looting the chest, when you examine the machine, PC's only option is to insert a tube (narrate : you carefully insert the tube....) then to recite the mantra. If PC knows the right mantra, the game tells you the machine are overheated, with the only option to leave, but after that, nothing happens, you can't even talk to anyone, so the moutain doesn't explodes.

So this part after returning inside the mine by talking your way in (I'm here to see the machines) has to be fixed now.  Wallbang
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:51:50 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2019, 04:58:38 am »

But, if PC returns to the machine simply by talking his way in instead of sneaking ("let me pass, I'm here to see the machines"), then nothing happens after overheating the machines. There are still some unconsistant dialogue there : the Decanus waits PC near the machine which is OK, and you can tell him to insert the relic (narrate : The Decanus carefully inserts the power tube inside...). But the chest is still locked and you can loot one module inside. After looting the chest, when you examine the machine, PC's only option is to insert a tube (narrate : you carefully insert the tube....) then to recite the mantra. If PC knows the right mantra, the game tells you the machine are overheated, with the only option to leave, but after that, nothing happens, you can't even talk to anyone, so the moutain doesn't explodes.

So this part after returning inside the mine by talking your way in (I'm here to see the machines) has to be fixed now.  Wallbang

Also, you can get the power tube at the Mining Outpost for free. You need low Lore skill (1-3) and high HD reputation (10+). Just sneak to MO, lockpick the chest, fail the lore check, put the tube to the barrels (or the crates), return to Teron (and auto-report to Dellar), return to MO (and pass HD rep check) and take the tube back. Voila.

Besides, you can choose "loremaster/Sohrab" options in Decanus dialogue even after stealing (and keeping) the power tube.

Fixed here.

* screenshot_297-00000.jpg (99.39 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 14 times.)

* screenshot_296-00007.jpg (96.67 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 15 times.)

* screenshot_297-00001.jpg (118.65 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 16 times.)

* screenshot_297-00002.jpg (95.43 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 15 times.)
* Daggerman1552737404_MO sneak tube bug.zip (24.33 KB - downloaded 5 times.)

* screenshot_297-00004.jpg (244.07 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 16 times.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:38:02 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2019, 03:40:43 pm »

Great !  Approve
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: