Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGSystem Crash (Moderator: Gareth)I need YOU! For pre-release testing.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I need YOU! For pre-release testing.  (Read 13699 times)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:37:36 am »

Hello Cyberpunks, Shadowrunners and Console Cowboys!

System Crash is progressing rapidly toward a 1.0 release. All gameplay features are in, most of the bugs have been squashed, and the full set of campaign missions are finally in the game.

That's where you fine ladies and gents come in. I need help tuning the campaign. Are some of the missions too easy, or some too hard? Do the missions award enough cards and credits across the campaign to allow the player to experiment with their decks? Or are credits maybe a bit too easy to come by? How does the overall difficulty arc feel? Satisfying? Is the storyline understandable and enjoyable?

I need your feedback to help me tune up the campaign until it's the best it can be.

So. I need some volunteers. In exchange for helping me polish up the campaign, you'll receive a copy of the FULL game for free*, along with a special thanks in the game's credits**.

All I need from you is for you to play the game through and let me know what you thought of it. Please, only sign-up for this if you think you have the time and capacity to play through the game at least once. To give you an idea, the full game is ~100 missions (The beta demo you might have played already is a mere 13 missions).

You will need to start a new profile, I'm afraid.

I will only be taking on a small group for this, around 20ish. So, depending on the number of volunteers I get, I might only be able to take on some of you, I hope you understand. I'm looking for a good mix of experienced CCGers and noobs to the genre. Smile

If you're interested, please send an email stating that you wish to participate to admin at roguemoonstudios dot com. Please include your full name as you would like it to appear in the credits. If you wish your online nick to go in there too, include that with your name.

So, for example : John 'LazerNinja099' Smith.

Let's do this, people! Onward, to release!

And thanks up-front for the help, it's very much appreciated!

*You will get a full copy of the game as it currently stands, pre-1.0 release. Once the game hits 1.0 and is officially released, I will send you a 1.0 key via the email you provide.

**You'll only get the thank-you in the credits if you actually send me feedback on your play experiences. If I send
you a test copy and get nothing in return, well, that's tough.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:42:00 am by Gareth » Logged

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
melkathi
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 06:33:19 am »

I'll already throw my hat in here. Will come back to post more thoroughly later.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:02:33 pm »

Sign me up! I don't need a free copy but I really like what I've seen so far and want to play more.
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 04:20:31 am »

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 12:02:18 pm »

Let me deal with AoD's release on 14th, and I'll be ready to start.

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 02:32:27 pm »

Haha, indeed, and good luck to you, brave sirs!  Salute

My blog
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

Me as well, of course Smile

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 01:55:21 am »

Of course. Wink

My blog
melkathi
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 10:24:19 am »

14th.... that is in less than 8 hours for me Tongue
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 10:41:29 am »

What's your ideal timeline for this, Gareth? I'd love to assist but need to evaluate when you want it complete. Approve
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 10:49:08 am »

Ideally, I'd like some feedback in the next 2 weeks.

It's going to depend on how quickly people get back to me and what type of feedback I get, really. If things go well (fingers crossed), I'd like to release SC end of this month/early next month.

If there's still a lot of work to do, or if people need more time to get through the game, well, I can hold off for another month or two.

If you feel you can fit it in, I'd love to have you on board, your feedback has been quality stuff so far. Smile

My blog
Anri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 07:43:43 am »

Sign me up as well, please!

And if possible - one of my comrades, who is not registered at the ITS yet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:59:56 am by Anri » Logged
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 08:24:39 am »

Great!

Please could you and your comrade could both email (admin at roguemoonstudios) with your names as you'd like them to appear in the credits, and I'll send you a test build soon. Smile

My blog
MaximillionMiles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »

I'm still testing, just reached the "McNulty Construction - The Break In" story mission. For some reason I got twice a game-breaking bug. First time I defeated the computer, only for no Victory screen to show up. I could still click the surrender button, and I did, but there was nothing else I could do. No "continue", nothing. I had just attacked the enemy and scored enough OP to win. I attached an image showing where the screen froze.

That was the FIRST time. Second time I got the Victory screen, and then it froze on the reward collection screen. I clicked all my three rewards (which I believe were Hendricks and two cash bonuses) but the screen got stuck there and there was nothing for me to click. I exited the game by clicking the exit X on the top right corner.

Wanted to give the heads-up before continuing the testing. Thought you should know ASAP.

EDIT - Ok, now I completed the mission without problems, and got two SILVER rewards, instead of three bronze ones... Yet I am sure that I was on the "McNulty Construction - The Break In" mission. That's really odd. I might try to replicate the bug later if I can.

EDIT 2 - Aaand I got the bug again, when defeating the opponent in the following mission "McNulty Construction - Haywire"  Same situation as when the bug happened for the first time. I scored enough OP to win, and the screen got stuck there.  Tried for a third time... Same problem.  It's definitely a consistent bug.

EDIT 3 - Finally finished the mission. I am not sure, but I think somehow my SecOps Officer was causing the trouble. I did not use him last match and that was the one that went through without the bug. Maybe the OP barrier effect is to blame for the bug? Anyways, something to keep in mind.  Salute

[old attachment deleted by admin to save space]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:58:27 am by MaximillionMiles » Logged
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 10:39:32 am »

Lol, wait, I'm confused, which email are you, Max? I can't remember sending you(or, at least, your handle) the build.  lol

But, if you're in the email list, you should have gotten the patch email. The patch will fix this bug.

Super sorry about that, I was careless and let an obvious bug creep in when I was implementing a "small fix" just before release.

Basically, story missions with card battles in them (the first one is McNulty) are/were fucked. But ANOTHER bug would allow you to get through them (in a buggy way, certain data was not being reset), if you tried to play it over and over. Just...a mess. Sorry.

Anyway, the 2 silver rewards for that mission are correct, not the 3 bronze. The 3 bronze rewards are probably another mission's rewards triggering, like I said, the data wasn't being properly reset between missions. So you can get another mission's reward table entries in your story mission, if you play the missions in a certain order.  Mad

My blog
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: