Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mindshield (MASSIVE spoilers)  (Read 5418 times)
Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 04:22:43 pm »

Don't read the following if you haven't played past Teron or through the House Crassus path in Ganezzar.

I was wondering what effects the Mindshield trait that you acquire for awakening Athazor in the Abyss would have on a potential House Crassus path. In that quest line, if you summon forth Balzaar with the aid of the Helm of Darius, and then you kneel in submission to Balzaar, your will no longer becomes your own and you become committed to being the god's slave. However, I was curious whether Mindshield would have any effect on this outcome. It seems to me that developing an innate ability to comprehend and withstand the psychological horrors that these gods can inflict without getting your brains scrambled would give you free will here, would it not?

Anyways, carrying out the House Crassus path blew me away and I was wondering if there's even more to it than I've witnessed so far. It's not often that you get to bring about the end of the world in an RPG; most of the time, you're trying to prevent it. This is some Mask of the Betrayer caliber evil on display, guys, amazing work. Salute
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:54:01 pm by Esquilax » Logged
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »

Anyways, carrying out the House Crassus path blew me away and I was wondering if there's even more to it ...
There's always more to it.

(click to show/hide)
Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 01:53:13 am »

It also occurred to me that there's "more" to the Imperial Guards quest-line if you've sided with Meru at the end...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:30:15 am by Esquilax » Logged
Ansa
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 02:16:11 am »

Anyways, carrying out the House Crassus path blew me away and I was wondering if there's even more to it ...
(click to show/hide)

Well, slap my ass and call me Judy

Never underestimate an old man in a dangerous profession
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

(click to show/hide)

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984