Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGSystem Crash (Moderator: Gareth)Deckbuilder beta 1.2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deckbuilder beta 1.2  (Read 777 times)
Ansa
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »

- would be nice to see deck limit during the building, e.g. "37/40 Cards"

- would be nice to have cards that I add to deck list sorted by cost on the fly, right now it just slaps the last ones added to the bottom

- would be nice to see a mana cost curve graph during deckbuilding

- also would help to see cards cost in the deck list
e.g.
"4 x Rashard   c1"
"2 x Jynx        c4"

- It is hard to understand the card limit vs deck limit.
Let me explain. I put 2 cards into deck and it locks it and says "Max in deck:2"
And only after I buy more of it, and put 4 into deck it limits at 4 with "max in deck: 4"
So, I would propose to differentiate UI like this - when you have no more of the same card, but below deck limit, you only dim the card as inactive, with count of 1/2/3. When you put maximum of this card into deck, you display the actual lock icon and say "max in deck:4"

- in future upcoming iOS game version, you really have to avoid right-clicks in UI (as right now, to buy/sell) cards, since there is no right-clicking on iPads and such.
That means, you need either some additional button to "Buy/sell cards" and output a whole new cards list for purchases and sales, or you need to put a "Buy"/"Sell" buttons next to each card in current UI.
I am just warning you to fix this before you hit this underwater rock  Huh?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:11:13 pm by Ansa » Logged

Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You can't stare at it long, it's too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away.
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 04:19:29 am »

- would be nice to see deck limit during the building, e.g. "37/40 Cards"

Good suggestion.

- would be nice to have cards that I add to deck list sorted by cost on the fly, right now it just slaps the last ones added to the bottom

Yeah, I'll try it out.

- would be nice to see a mana cost curve graph during deckbuilding

It would be, but I've put that in the "nice to have" column, for now. Gonna get the game finished before I worry too much about that, you can work it out from the numbers I show already.

- also would help to see cards cost in the deck list
e.g.
"4 x Rashard   c1"
"2 x Jynx        c4"

- It is hard to understand the card limit vs deck limit.
Let me explain. I put 2 cards into deck and it locks it and says "Max in deck:2"
And only after I buy more of it, and put 4 into deck it limits at 4 with "max in deck: 4"
So, I would propose to differentiate UI like this - when you have no more of the same card, but below deck limit, you only dim the card as inactive, with count of 1/2/3. When you put maximum of this card into deck, you display the actual lock icon and say "max in deck:4"

Both good suggestions. Smile

- in future upcoming iOS game version, you really have to avoid right-clicks in UI (as right now, to buy/sell) cards, since there is no right-clicking on iPads and such.
That means, you need either some additional button to "Buy/sell cards" and output a whole new cards list for purchases and sales, or you need to put a "Buy"/"Sell" buttons next to each card in current UI.
I am just warning you to fix this before you hit this underwater rock

Thanks. And yeah, quite a few things will need to be changed when I look at the iOS version. Smile

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: