Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 715 times)
skoadlife
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:54:22 pm »

Hey all, I am new to the game, how do I recruit survivors and humans to join my camp(school) I for the life of me can't find any info on how to do it including the manual. Its says random encounters, but I am talking about the kind when you find people and invite them to join you.Thanks for the help.
SagaDC
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »

It varies depending on which survivor you encounter. Most will actually join you with a minimum of fuss, the only requirement being that you don't expressly turn them down. Some will even try to essentially force their way into joining your shelter, though that usually indicates a potential problem character.

You can encounter recruitable some characters in random encounters, but the vast majority of the recruitable characters are in fixed locations scattered over the map. They are generally easily recognized, because they'll be some of the few characters who are willing to talk to you using the full dialogue interface (as opposed to some survivors, who just shout things like "Get away from my stuff!" at you). As aforementioned, most can be recruited by simply inviting them to join you at your shelter, but a few of them will have special requirements that must be met beforehand - usually by meeting certain skill prerequisites (typically Negotiation), or by performing a certain task for them.

Note that not every character you can talk to is going to be recruitable. Some are simply there to add certain story elements to the game, though some of the characters you can't initially recruit may eventually become recruitable at a later point in time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: