Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Shelter - Official Dead State Forum (Moderators: Brian, Caidoz, DrunkZombie, Christina, Jonathan, SunwardMold)12 Hour Dev Plays Dead State Twitch Stream! DECIDE MY FATE.
Poll
Question: How should my character be built?  (Voting closed: June 18, 2015, 06:18:45 pm)
Combat Focused - 4 (10.3%)
Support Focused - 3 (7.7%)
Management Focused - 3 (7.7%)
Strength - 3 (7.7%)
Agility - 2 (5.1%)
Vigor - 0 (0%)
Perception - 3 (7.7%)
Melee - 1 (2.6%)
Ranged - 4 (10.3%)
Leadership - 5 (12.8%)
Negotiation - 2 (5.1%)
Medical - 1 (2.6%)
Science - 4 (10.3%)
Survival - 2 (5.1%)
Mechanical - 2 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 12 Hour Dev Plays Dead State Twitch Stream! DECIDE MY FATE.  (Read 7216 times)
SunwardMold

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 06:18:45 pm »

Tomorrow, June 18th at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, I'll be starting a 12 hour Dead State marathon on DoubleBear Production's Twitch channel!  (http://www.twitch.tv/doublebear_productions)  Help me get started and decide how my character will be built.  Everybody gets three votes for this poll - You can cast one vote for character style, one for your favorite stat, and one for your preferred skill, or you can cast all three towards making sure that I've got as weird of a character as possible.

When building my character, I'll distribute my points according to their popularity on this poll, and select my perks based on which character style comes out on top.

Make sure to stop by the stream tomorrow, starting 10 AM Pacific time, to watch and see how far I can get in a 12 hour Dead State marathon!
BadVoodoo
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »

Can anyone give me a tl;dr version of your current status on the story? Im an asshole and i missed the second half of the last postcast.

Also naturally iv voted what i believe would handicap you the most, no need to thank me  Evil
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:19:50 pm by BadVoodoo » Logged

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end."
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »

Also naturally iv voted what i believe would handicap you the most, no need to thank me  Evil
vigor, management, science? Hmm, I think we should have another poll on which abilities are the least useful  Smile

Also, "Pacific Time" is PDT, right?
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:54 am »

Can anyone give me a tl;dr version of your current status on the story? Im an asshole and i missed the second half of the last postcast.

I missed the first two streams, but the tl;dr is Joel and Renee are dead, the player and Vic are infected, they've explored a few levels and recently recruited Pepper, Craig and Karen.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:53:02 am »

So today at 1pm EST?

Probably won't stay for long but I'll be there on my lunch hour.
phimseto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:53 am »

Mechanical 3 is a must - start capitalizing on that lower cost threshold immediately.
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:49:24 am »

I missed the first two streams, but the tl;dr is Joel and Renee are dead, the player and Vic are infected, they've explored a few levels and recently recruited Pepper, Craig and Karen.
Hmm, it was in IMB stream. From start post I thought this will be completely different playthrough.
Cancle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:54 am »

Mechanical 3 is a must - start capitalizing on that lower cost threshold immediately.

What threshold (fairly new player)

Will there be Twitch vods for this playthrough? Noticed you don´t have that function activated at the moment (I think due to there being no past broadcasts or Highlights saved)
phimseto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 11:05:00 am »

Will there be Twitch vods for this playthrough? Noticed you don´t have that function activated at the moment (I think due to there being no past broadcasts or Highlights saved)

With each skill in the game, there are certain perks that unlock with each milestone. When you get to the third rank of Mechanical, one of those perks is a discounted cost on the building materials required for shelter upgrades. I learned this after I finally got mechanical 3 while in the middle of building the final upgrade. :-/ Suffice to say, it's a bit of advice that I've given to friends before they start the game.
Cancle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 02:17:57 pm »

With each skill in the game, there are certain perks that unlock with each milestone. When you get to the third rank of Mechanical, one of those perks is a discounted cost on the building materials required for shelter upgrades. I learned this after I finally got mechanical 3 while in the middle of building the final upgrade. :-/ Suffice to say, it's a bit of advice that I've given to friends before they start the game.

ok ty! Misunderstood. Is it really a must though? How significant is the bonus? I am playing on PC Infected and Hardcore. Am on day 2.
sporky
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

Is it three perk levels (9 or whatever regular) or three plain levels?

People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didn't believe in that. Tomorrow wasn't getting ready for them. It didn't even know they were there.
CORMAC MCCARTHY, The Road
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:45 pm »

Is it three perk levels (9 or whatever regular) or three plain levels?
It is 3 "points" in skill. You get a perk at 3, 6 and 10.
sporky
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 06:00:26 am »

Thanks jahs

People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didn't believe in that. Tomorrow wasn't getting ready for them. It didn't even know they were there.
CORMAC MCCARTHY, The Road
phimseto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:34 am »

Yesterday was fun. Where did things leave off in the stream? When last I left off, you were wandering the evacuation center.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:50:11 am »

Thanks for stopping by yesterday everyone, it was a lot of fun!  Grin

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: