Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Release Changelog - Dead State: Reanimated  (Read 14155 times)
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »

We’ve spent a couple of months of solid development time making Dead State stronger, smarter, and faster, and we’re happy to say that the results are fantastic. We’ve brought new life - or is it unlife? - to every aspect of the game. This isn’t just Dead State anymore - this is Dead State: Reanimated! DS:R isn’t just an update - it’s our definitive enhanced edition with brand-new content, full of improvements and fixes requested by you, our community!

The Highlights

-Major overhaul of combat balance! Core combat systems have been thoroughly reworked to take advantage of all the data and feedback we’ve gathered over the months since Dead State’s original release. Ranged weapons, melee weapons, armor, special attacks, ally / PC healing, and more have been reworked and carefully tested to create an engaging and challenging combat experience. Even the core combat system has been tweaked so that AC is calculated before damage reduction; this change makes combat more consistent and more fair​.

-Smarter AI! Medic, Guard, Grenadier, Sniper, and more - New AI behaviors and schemas exist for human enemies, making them more interesting and more challenging to fight! Enemies will notice your presence more quickly and fully utilize all of their tactical options, thrown weapons, and special attacks.

-New PC Infection option on New Game menu! Create a new game with PC Infection checked and your character will be as susceptible to infection as your allies are. Carefully manage your antibiotics and change your combat strategies to ensure your own survival!

-Hardcore Mode!​​ In Hardcore mode combat becomes more dangerous, allies consume more resources and heal more slowly, and Morale is harder to keep up. Turn on Hardcore, Iron Man, and PC Infection for the ultimate challenge!

-Alarms! That’s right - we’ve added alarms to buildings in several areas. Red, blinking lights warn you that there’s an active alarm on a building. Use your Science skill to deactivate an alarm and prevent a looting distraction from becoming a noisy attraction!

-New areas and random encounters! Several new levels and random encounters have been added. Make sure to keep an eye out for the Chemical Plant, an area with a unique twist…

-New combat sounds and animations! We’ve added new special attack, reloading, and healing animations and sounds. Special attacks feel smoother and more impactful now!

-Stability improvements! We’ve rooted out every crash and progress blocking bug to make sure you have the smoothest possible experience. Several popularly requested usability improvements have been added, such as friendly fire confirmation, looting piled up bodies, and an option to toggle Live Shelter movement on and off.

-Pathfinding improvements! Both allies and the undead have received major pathfinding adjustments that will reduce lag some people have experienced as well as make movement more consistent and natural.

Impressive, right? And that doesn’t even cover the many smaller miscellaneous fixes and improvements we’ve made, which I’ll list below (or at least all the ones I can remember - there were just so many!)

​We can’t possibly thank our community enough for the thousands of feedback messages, balance suggestions, and b​​ug reports that have been indispensable in getting DS:R into the shape it’s in today. We couldn't have done this without your support, and from everybody on the team we want to give you a sincere Thank You.

We hope that you’ll agree that there’s never been a better time to visit Splendid, Texas.

Dead State: Reanimated - Full Changelog

Implemented smart NPC AI.
Updated undead group pathfinding.
Updated ally following behavior.
Added PC Infection option to New Game menu.
Added Hardcore difficulty option to New Game menu.
Updated weapon damage equation so that AC is deducted first, then damage reduction.
Added new areas and random encounters.
Adjusted Healing in the Shelter and created separate formulas for ally and PC healing.
Added building alarms.
Added confirmation of friendly fire.
Fixed some scripting issues with Craig/Karen storyline.
Fixed issue with Summer Camp survivors incorrectly turning hostile.
Fixed issues which occasionally caused the Military Faction to incorrectly turn hostile.
Added map autosaves to Iron Man Mode.
Added new travel mode selection icons on area map.
Adjusted night travel/combat penalties.
Fixed issues with the ally list order resetting on job board.
Added new combat animations.
Ensured morale bonuses for Greenhouse and Garden stacked properly.
Fixed an error that allowed two-handed weapons and shields to be equipped together.
Fixed blocking issues and strange door behavior in the Summer Camp.
Updated Goals GUI screen.
Updated Goals screen ally information to display all status icons.
Allocated space on Goals screen for displaying maximum number of trait icons.
Improved text display and fixed any text cut-off issues in Goals screen.
Allocated space on Character screen for displaying maximum number of trait icons.
Fixed case of Craig blocking player bedroom door.
Changed sign name of Medieval Tines.
Fixed rare crash related to weapon switching.
Fixed the shield’s Fortify animation.
Fixed an error with ending slides.
Fixed issue with looting grouped bodies.
Fixed a couple minor bugs with Live Shelter.
Added option to toggle Live Shelter on and off.
Added improved burst attack SFX.
Improved the feel of silenced and burst attack weapons.
Added movement animation for Davis.
Fixed syntax error in Vic’s intro dialogue.
Fixed rare map parameters crash in Shelter.
Fixed rare soft lock that occurred with undead movement.
Stopped neutral characters from investigating noises.
Fixed issue with the Tattoo dialogue sequence.
Fixed issue with the Memorial Park sequence.
Fixed clipboard sometimes hiding long container name on loot containers.
Fixed issue that occurred when reloading in a couple of the ending sequences.
Fixed ending slide not appearing correctly in one of the ending sequences.
Fixed issue with some special attacks firing more than once due to animation quirks.
Fixed rare crash that occurred when AI pathed through a rolling gate.
Expanded Walter’s Shelter dialogue.
Fixed minor blocking, LoS, prop, and loot issues in several levels.
Fixed issue preventing trading 9mm ammo at the Fuel Depot.
Added perks for Ryan.
Fixed issues with Sir Charleston’s quest.
Fixed issues preventing rewards from being received from certain ally requests.
Prevented dog allies from shouting “Hey, stop that!” when attacking a party member.
Corrected typos and formatting errors in various dialogues.
Added upgrade perks for Elaine reactive to her character path.
Fixed a rare issue which could cause a dead ally to appear during a crisis event.
Modified Darlene to start equipped with a bow, consistent with her dialogue.
Added map descriptions missing from some areas.
Adjusted party gathering transitions in the City area.
Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause allies to incorrectly play their sleeping animations.
Fixed a rare issue which sometimes caused enemy groups to spawn early.
Added map screen thumbnails for all levels in the preview pane.
Fixed setup issues preventing some enemies from effectively using their weapons.
Corrected enemy inventory errors.
Gillian fuel scavenging has been fixed, if you had her scavenging before this patch just talk to her again.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
wickedtribe
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:30:20 pm »

I have a new bug from this patch.  My "Quick Reflexes" perk on my main character no longer works.  It was working before the patch.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:17 pm »

I have a new bug from this patch.  My "Quick Reflexes" perk on my main character no longer works.  It was working before the patch.

Thanks for the report.  Do you have a copy of your save file you could upload for the devs to check out?

-edit- Also, unrelated note, but is your SN a reference to Otherland by Tad Williams? Smile

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
wickedtribe
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:36:54 am »

Here's my most recent save.  And yes it is from Wicked Tribe in Otherland.  Grin

[old attachment deleted by admin to save space]
Dmitry
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:37 am »

Checked Joel's and Gillian's perks/abilities in the new version. While Joel's dialog (which didn't change anything before) now results in 10% more ranged accuracy according to the description, the Gillian's scavenging for fuel still doesn't do anything if you have Solar Power and Inventor perks.
Checked her following way: loaded the evening before Gillian's dialog; ended the day; selected Fuel from her choice list; ended one more day. Instead of getting +1 fuel next morning received -1.   Sad
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:55:52 am »

Can you provide a zipped save?  Gillian's perk should be working for new games and rechoosing the fuel scavenging with old save should have fixed it.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Dmitry
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:51:36 am »

Unfortunately not. After checking perks, weapons and armor changes I've decided to follow your advice in other thread and start it all over, deleting the saves. I had >2000 morale, tonns of food, lots of unused antibiotics, etc. Very cheerful apocalypse indeed. :-)
However the fuel scavenging wasn't working after re-choice for sure.
BTW, I hope the devs also changed stats and perks of Aimee and Guzman couple, because Aimee had quite poor stats, skills, and couldn't do anything specific better than others, and Melina's and her husband's perks didn't compensate for the infection threat and antibiotics consumption at all, especially after construction of the Recycler, when you'd have tonns of parts...
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:41:17 am »

BTW, I hope the devs also changed stats and perks of Aimee and Guzman couple, because Aimee had quite poor stats, skills, and couldn't do anything specific better than others, and Melina's and her husband's perks didn't compensate for the infection threat and antibiotics consumption at all, especially after construction of the Recycler, when you'd have tonns of parts...

Not everyone in the apocalypse is going to be especially skilled, or useful 100% of the time. Wink  I like Aimee because she adds some extra melee punch in the early game, and Oscar and Melina are my construction superstars since Melina is often the first character to have her Mechanical score hit 10.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Dmitry
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 09:52:39 am »

Jodie Hopkins, the retarded mechanic, starts with Mechanical 8, and develops just this skill up to 10, while Melina starts with Mechanical 7. Besides, Jodie consumes 1 less food per day.  :-)
BTW, I've recalled something interesting about Farmer job. According to the description, each person provides 1 food item per day while working as farmer. However according to weekly results it looked like the Survival skill or something else influenced the total result, because it was more than 14 (2 persons max. on the job * 7 days). Looked like some non-documented functionality.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:06:18 am by Dmitry » Logged
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 10:15:50 am »

Do you remember which characters you had farming?  Some of them have perks which give them some extra food per day they spend on the farming job.

Dmitry
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 10:22:15 am »

Bud and Priscilla mostly (not Aggro, who has the perk), and the main character also had that perk increasing effectiveness of gardens by 50%. But these 50% went into another subtotal amount, not "Extra from farming ..."
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 10:35:01 am »

what is this "preview pane"?
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 11:55:20 am »

what is this "preview pane"?

On the world map, when you hover over a location there's a small image of the area in the popup with the area name and when you last visited.

wickedtribe
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 03:05:50 pm »

Actually I found out my Quick Reflexes is working correctly.  It's just that the carbon fiber bat had its AP increased from 4 to 5.  So that's why it was costing me an extra AP, not because Quick Reflexes broke.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »

Actually I found out my Quick Reflexes is working correctly.  It's just that the carbon fiber bat had its AP increased from 4 to 5.  So that's why it was costing me an extra AP, not because Quick Reflexes broke.

Thanks for the update!

Also, awesome about Otherland.  It's kind of rare to encounter other people who read it. Smile

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: