Poll
Question: What will happen?
Two guys will be pushed back - 0 (0%)
The guy in front of your will be knocked down - 3 (75%)
The guy in front of you will be pushed two adjacent square - 0 (0%)
You will no be able to use shield bash - 0 (0%)
This situation never happens - 0 (0%)
Blue Screen of Death (lol) - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What if...  (Read 1570 times)
Astorius
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:07:44 pm »

Hail!
So as you probably know you can shield bash people and it will result in one of two things : knock down or push back.
But what if there are two guys standing in front of you, one behind the other.
Can you push the first guys right next to your? Will the other guy be pushed as well?
What will happen?
I tried to replicate this scenario but could not.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:22:18 pm »

I had this situation when fighting Miltiades thugs and perhaps when facing the raiders at Aemolas village.
The guy right in front of you may get knocked down if your shield bash is successful (THC roll) and you score a critical (CS roll) and the critical results in a knockdown (I don't know the percentages for different shieldbash+CS effects).

And he won't be pushed back even if you score this particular shieldbash effect.
The guy standing behind him won't be affected in any way.

The right answer is option 7: "Nothing will happen in most cases or the guy #1 will be knocked down in some rare cases. As if he were standing in front of a wall, a tree or any other obstacle".

Also, another point reg. shield bashing - you cannot knock back a knocked down opponent, and that's inconvenient for a Throwing+Block build.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:02:19 pm by Vahhabyte » Logged

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Astorius
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:53 pm »

I had this situation when fighting Miltiades thugs and perhaps when facing the raiders at Aemolas village.
The guy right in front of you may get knocked down if your shield bash is successful (THC roll) and you score a critical (CS roll) and the critical results in a knockdown (I don't know the percentages for different shieldbash+CS effects).

And he won't be pushed back even if you score this particular shieldbash effect.
The guy standing behind him won't be affected in any way.

The right answer is option 7: "Nothing will happen in most cases or the guy #1 will be knockdown in some rare cases".

Also, another point reg. shield bashing - you cannot knock back a knocked down opponent, and that's inconvenient for a Throwing+Block build.
Well at least cant be pushed back while knocked down part make sense, while can't be pushed back if someone standing behind him not so much.
It is probably assumed that the guy behind your opponent catches him, but it would be cool if there was a chance two push back two enemies at once.
Maybe it was difficult to implement or they did not had time.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

I don't think anyone has actually thought about that, and indeed that would be fun and epic to see, like when you score a successful whirlwind attack with a sledgehammer when surrounded, the opponents just flying around.
Anyway, it should be a very low priority, as block builds can do well without that.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Agesilaus
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

It's the same as though he had his back to a wall. There are a few fights that will almost always let you test this, such as the pro-Aurelian IG approach during the siege at Ganezzar; you have to face something like 12 people alone in a small space.

The knock-down function of the shields is a great counter against people you can't hit. Hamza isn't so swift when he's knocked off his feet.

Hmmm perhaps a high dex blocker would be good, just put a lot of points into blocking and CS, minimal into weapon skill, and just knock people down and head shot them.... probably wouldn't work though  Mad
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:32:17 pm by Agesilaus » Logged
Astorius
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »

BTW how chance to hit is calculated while using shield bash? You block rating vs block/dodge rating of your target +50% ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: