Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGSystem Crash (Moderator: Gareth)New Website Up (And Newsletter)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Website Up (And Newsletter)  (Read 2922 times)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:47:46 am »

Hey folks!

2015, eh? How did that sneak up on me? I swear, I blinked and a year passed by.

I know, I've been super silent for ages, and that doesn't inspire much confidence in a project. But I've been working hard, I promise. SC is much improved, especially the story campaign, and I'm aiming to release 1st quarter this year.

I'll be looking for playtesters again soon, if any of you are interested. There's a fair amount of changes and additions that I think you'll all enjoy.

In the mean time, why not peruse the shiny new SC website? And maybe sign up for the newsletter, if you're interested in being notified when the game is released etc. No spam, I promise. Wink

Check it out here!

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:51:48 am »

Nice! I want to play it! Grin

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:02:02 pm »

Very slick-looking site. Glad to see things are still moving along!  Salute
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:12:53 am »

Love it!
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 05:12:07 am »

Thanks guys!

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Max Roguespierre
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:42:17 am »

Well done, Gareth.

Have you given any thought to writing brief vignettes, documentary style reports, or possibly even some short (micro) stories to introduce prospective players to the world of System Crash? The right background material might help capture the imagination of casual visitors to the site.

A developer's blog - assuming that you have the time and inspiration for one - could be a way to get visitors to keep checking back as well.

Just some (possibly useless) thoughts that occurred to me while dropping in on System Crash.

I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 01:14:13 pm »

Vignettes are a great idea, and something I'll try to do before launch.

Development blog is also a good idea. I have a personal blog, but I don't update it enough.

The big issue in 2014 was basically that I was exhausted. Trying to finish the game while working a day job was pretty tough, and I didn't have much left in me for blogging or the like. I actually thought of doing something like writing companion short stories for the game, but again, finding the time and energy was difficult, what I had I poured into finishing the game first, rather than "nice to haves".

But, like I said, I'm going to try get together some vignettes, and also to keep a more regular schedule of blog updates.

My blog
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

Nice art on the website. One problem: On my (work) laptop screen, the site opens with only the art visble - you have to scroll to make the Title appear. Can you make a slideshow out of the current scroll down format?

I am not gonna argue for delaying  Tongue But It might be a good idea to reserve a few weeks up to a month to planning and doing marketing before you hit the release button. You noted in your blog that you felt you didn't do enough there. Which must be true since no Indie ever does enough Smile But I think a concerted action now may ultimately be more useful than years of information trickle.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:42:25 am »

Thanks, I'll see what I can do about the website. What res is your monitor?

I may hold off on releasing the minute the game goes gold, yes. Just to package things up and prepare my media campaign, whatever that shall be.

I also need to make an attractive trailer video, so I can use that time to prepare.

My blog
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 11:08:31 am »

Internal display  is 1266 x 768. Maybe its due to the second screen being 1920 x 1080? (I'll check sometime starting it without the 2nd monitor). Browser is IE 11.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: