Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Linux Version ?  (Read 1615 times)
PublicNuisance
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:17:51 am »

Are there any plans for a Linux version of Age of Decadence ?
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:39:00 am »

Yes, there are plans for a Linux port in the future.

"Yes, we are hoping to do Linux and Mac versions, assuming that we won't run into serious problems with Torque. No iPad release as Torque 3D is not available on iPad."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:41:54 am by Vahhabyte » Logged

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Argoyne
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »

Out of interest is the work here relevant to AoD on linux https://github.com/BeamNG/Torque3D/tree/dev_linux_opengl-update
Not sure how successful it is but assuming it works how much difficulty do you think there would be to use it.
Given I've not put any effort into checking the projects current status feel free to pull an answer out of, uh the aether.

Also was thinking about posting this in one of the old wine threads but I'll throw this in here.
I know that wine is not a linux version.

I managed to get it running with wine the game requires D3DCompiler_43.dll and X3DAudio1_6.dll
If you want to do it by hand then its Mar2009_X3DAudio_x86.cab and Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43_x86.cab that have those files, from the directx9 install.
Game version is latest (I think) from BMT which is 4.8.1

With those I can get it up and running haven't put much time into it. Also that works with dead state to an extent I think I'm missing a font as the character creation bit has no text but everything else seems fine.
Licaon_Kter
Apprentice

The Castle Aaahhhgggg - our quest is at an end.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 05:59:19 pm »

Now ( http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=2213 ) I wonder how far did the ITS version stray from base? Would this be even possible?

running AoD - Communist Edition Salute
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:37 pm »

Yes, I saw it, but it's not done yet.

"Note that not everything is working quite right in Linux just yet - there's still work to be done, especially around the platform layer, and some graphical bugs that no doubt lurk in different GFX/driver combinations. But this is a huge step towards full cross-platform support for the engine, and we're really happy to have Linux back."

In any case, once it's finished and easy to port, we'll definitely look into making a linux version.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: