Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ironman mode? game is great, but too easy  (Read 15658 times)
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 02:44:46 am »

(click to show/hide)
is better because it is about 95% as good has no AP penalty and weighs a metric ton less and also
(click to show/hide)
. Those are the two best. Tactical vests are third if you can put up with the crazy weight.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
Feuer353
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 02:57:40 am »

"Tactical vest" must be really heavy (~50-60 lbs) and have requirements for strength (~5-6) and/or vigor (~5-6). This applies to all heavy armor.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:03:10 am by Feuer353 » Logged
dessoul
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 03:37:08 am »

No, its not the "best" armor in the game.
First of all there are two points, which are important: the armor points (as more, as better) and the weight.(less is better)
In your case you have 12 armor points and 35 pound.

(click to show/hide)

The saying is old that truth should not be spoken at all times
SniperHF
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 04:39:29 am »

Current info about ironman is this:  cannot save at will, only daily autosave in the morning.  PC can be infected just like everyone else.  That is all we know right now.

Is there some particular reason these two have to be linked?  Having the "PC can be infected" available in non-ironman mode would be good.

PCG: You mentioned post-release content. What are your plans for that?

BM: We definitely want to add options for things that the community really wants. For example, modifiers for new games. So, antibiotics is one of those things we might make a modifier for. So if you don't want to play the hardcore mode, you just want to turn off antibiotics in the normal mode. Or things like how much food you need per day.

Obviously Brian said might there.  But given that PC infections have yet to be implemented at all, I wouldn't think it would be that much work to have PC infections as a separate modifier from saves.

DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

It has been asked to have a separate toggle for pc infection, so hopefully we will get that.  Right now infection is so rare any way, it is kind of moot.  Caidoz and I have been prodding the devs to make infection happen much easier.  Evil  It isn't much of a threat right now.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:32 am »

Maybe they could have a "high infection" toggle which made it possible (but low chance) with the PC, and higher chance with others?  Two toggles would be ideal, but there's probably not that many people who'd be unhappy with just having it set for one way or the other.
Lone Rebel
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 12:28:34 pm »

My ideas are:

- No save outside of shelter
- 1 autosave at day start, 1 autosave before going to sleep. Both autosaves (once game and majority of bugs sorted out, ofc)
- Autosave on entering\leaving map (any)
- Fights inside shelter map if PC is not away (sort of last stand fight, where you have to repel looters\undead, the latter in dozens)
- Longer, semi-realistic injury recover time and negative status until healed (I mean days of bed time) and surgical operations
- More psychic dilemmas and trauma. Imo, most of the people in the shelter should be shaken like Mia and Max, and figures like Vic, Todd, and bascially any1 that can lead (subleaders) would help them feel better.
- Most of us (if not all) would be scared to death and at least traumatized by going out and kill (well, scared to be killed) So taking people out should apply a cost on their mood, depending on their personality\loyality to the shelter. Max will gladly come out for no mood cost (on the contrary, it should even raise in his case) while Todd will go from content to unhappy for just a loot run, he'd be disgruntled to had to kill someone. Same for Renee and others. I think you got the point here.

Depending on other increased difficulty setting, i'd add a good 25% difficulty overall, on every aspects (mood gain, morale, enemy health, zombie numbers, ect) but would lower some unrealistic stuff like scarcity of ammo and weapons (that's Texas afterall), hunting\trapping for food (maybe texas isn't the best country for game but you should be able to catch some rabbits and birds, at least)
Mystral
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

(click to show/hide)
is better because it is about 95% as good has no AP penalty and weighs a metric ton less and also
(click to show/hide)
. Those are the two best. Tactical vests are third if you can put up with the crazy weight.

You forgot the apocalypse armor, which has by far the best AC at 25 but has crazy weight at 35 pounds. I still use the advanced tactical vest, it's good enough to not take much if any damage and only weighs 10 pounds.
dessoul
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:57 pm »

I cleared most of the map (including austin, but i stopped looting there because of the infinitive-item-bug), only leaving the army, the camp where you find the two girls and some places alone where people were hiding i really didn´t wanted to kill. Not for massive amount of loots. But i didn´t find this armour.

But after you told me this i searched and found the lists of armour in the wiki!:
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Armor_List

But it isn´t written there, when you will get some AP-minus. I just checked all my stored armors and some really heavy ones do get AP-Minus, other don´t. Strange thing: Sir Cumberlains plate amour don´t have a AP-minus, ordinary plate amour have AP-Minus. Tactictal vest advanced dont get AP minus, riot gear does. do not understand the system.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:49:55 pm by dessoul » Logged

The saying is old that truth should not be spoken at all times
Mystral
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 01:59:49 am »

I cleared most of the map (including austin, but i stopped looting there because of the infinitive-item-bug), only leaving the army, the camp where you find the two girls and some places alone where people were hiding i really didn´t wanted to kill. Not for massive amount of loots. But i didn´t find this armour.

But after you told me this i searched and found the lists of armour in the wiki!:
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Armor_List

But it isn´t written there, when you will get some AP-minus. I just checked all my stored armors and some really heavy ones do get AP-Minus, other don´t. Strange thing: Sir Cumberlains plate amour don´t have a AP-minus, ordinary plate amour have AP-Minus. Tactictal vest advanced dont get AP minus, riot gear does. do not understand the system.

You can't loot apocalypse armor, you need to make it in the workshop. It takes an NPC with 10 science, 1 advanced tactical vest and a few parts. Not really worth the bother imo since advanced tactical vests are enough for pretty much everything.

DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 08:57:24 am »

FYI, Apocalypse armor and tactical vest have been rebalanced.  Apocalypse armor should no longer be Bulky (-1ap) and have better stats than the tactical vest.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:26 am »

You forgot the apocalypse armor, which has by far the best AC at 25 but has crazy weight at 35 pounds. I still use the advanced tactical vest, it's good enough to not take much if any damage and only weighs 10 pounds.
I didnt forget it at all. I didnt mention it because it is shit.

Posted by: DrunkZombie
FYI, Apocalypse armor and tactical vest have been rebalanced.  Apocalypse armor should no longer be Bulky (-1ap) and have better stats than the tactical vest.

Thats nice. I will definitely check it out now. If the weight hasnt changed I will still probably skip it.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
Awesome
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 12:20:48 am »

I am 25 days in and am finding combat a bore. I loved the start, with only 3 in your party, weakly armed, barely able to hit, it felt like a real struggle to survive. I think you very quickly gain decent weapons and armor, and the undead no longer become a threat. Humans are marginally tougher, but still pose little threat if you have the right equipment, use positioning and good leadership abilities. I know combat isn't the main focus here, but running around feeling invulnerable surely isn't the goal either.

I think enemies should scale up more sharply, and hordes of undead pose a bigger threat. A bonus to more being present in an area is a good idea. They should also gain better attacks and have stronger armor.
Jsnazz
Novice

"over hear stranger got somethin interesting 4ya:D

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14:47 am »

I am 25 days in and am finding combat a bore. I loved the start, with only 3 in your party, weakly armed, barely able to hit, it felt like a real struggle to survive. I think you very quickly gain decent weapons and armor, and the undead no longer become a threat. Humans are marginally tougher, but still pose little threat if you have the right equipment, use positioning and good leadership abilities. I know combat isn't the main focus here, but running around feeling invulnerable surely isn't the goal either.

I think enemies should scale up more sharply, and hordes of undead pose a bigger threat. A bonus to more being present in an area is a good idea. They should also gain better attacks and have stronger armor.
Heh !

I'm on the same boat as well and we're on the exact day too when I'm completely burned out on my first playthrough.

Tsewe
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »

I've been playing for a bit more than 30 hours now and I don't think the game is that easy.

- Combat: While I first thought the combat was a bit easy, I started aplying without healing satchels (only passive healing at shelter) and got screwed at the first government's refuge/shelter where I went. So I've managed to make the combat interesting.

- Antibiotics: if you got at least 2 infected characters, they're gonna die. I can't find any antibiotics. They survived both for like 15 days (which would be 30 antibiotics). But now it's been a week since I've found 2 AB. They're very scarce, and that makes the gamehard - you don't wanna get infected.

- Morale: this is the most difficult part for me. No matter what I do, like giving special items to my allies, their mood does not goes up, and neither does the morale. I complete tasks for them, I have people for hopsitality etc, but my morale is always negative at the End of Day. My 2 allies died from infection yesterday, and morale got under -500. Almost everyone is unhappy, and I have no idea what will come next. I don't know if I'll be able to finish this game and survive, which is a really cool feeling.

Can't wait to try the hard modes though.
About Ironman mode, I'd really appreciate an auto-save at the beginning of a fight/scavenge sequence - because if you die (or get a CTD), you gotta start all over again your day, which can be very annoying and can make you stop playing the game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: