Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Shelter - Official Dead State ForumDead State Bugs and Feedback (Moderators: Brian, Caidoz, DrunkZombie, Christina, SunwardMold)Dead State running on integrated graphics. Not able to select graphics card.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State running on integrated graphics. Not able to select graphics card.  (Read 8669 times)
Roninarb
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 11:15:23 am »

I get the bug on both. But on the GoG version, I can activate my Nvidia card by right-click starting the ZRPG.exe, and it accelerates like normal. Nothing happens when I do this on the steam version of the game.

Good luck figuring it out. Probably some bug inbetween your game and Steam.
Silveredge9
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 11:18:46 am »

Any chance I could get a GoG key to try this out for myself as obviously itching to play this and can't via the steam version.
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 02:24:24 pm »

Maybe that'll give the devs some kind of a clue here.  I had a feeling that it was Steam, though, as I've had this issue with a number of games but right-click and adjust worked for all of them, and I, uhm, have techniques for avoiding Steam.
Regain
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 03:56:34 pm »

I can confirm from an earlier post that turning off secure boot in the bios has worked for me I can now force steam to recognise my graphics card. FYI prior to that all my drivers were updated etc but nothing would work.
Silveredge9
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »

I can confirm from an earlier post that turning off secure boot in the bios has worked for me I can now force steam to recognise my graphics card. FYI prior to that all my drivers were updated etc but nothing would work.

Can confirm this works too. Turned off secure boot in bios and now the game recognizes graphics card and works as you'd expect.

So what are the chances we can get a fix for this as it's not an ideal situation to have to turn secure boot off.

Would it be possible to get a GoG key so we can get round this issue and avoid steam?
Roninarb
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:24 am »

Would it be possible to get a GoG key so we can get round this issue and avoid steam?

Considering no reply, I would guess that's a big fat no. Customer support obviously isn't their strong suit. The game is pretty fun tho, so I wish you the best of luck with this problem!
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 01:06:21 pm »

I've directed your inquiry to a dev and you should hear back from them this week.

Considering no reply, I would guess that's a big fat no. Customer support obviously isn't their strong suit. The game is pretty fun tho, so I wish you the best of luck with this problem!

There aren't many of us, so it can sometimes take more than a day to get a response.  Thanks for your patience.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »

Hi Silveredge,

Please get in touch with us on Kickstarter so I can get something worked out with you Smile  We fell behind on messages a bit during the rush but we're getting back on top of everything now.

Thanks!
Silveredge9
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 05:39:55 am »

Received a GoG key so will download this again tonight and will confirm if the same problem reoccurs. Thanks.
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 08:53:36 am »

For people with windows 8, the problem is with windows 8, not dead state.  See this thread:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,4334.msg128882.html#msg128882
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:57:36 am by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Silveredge9
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 02:34:11 pm »

Just to update everyone that the GoG version suffers from the same bug as the steam version. Still fixable as per turning off secure boot but this obviously rules out this being a steam issue. Clearly some kind of issue between the torque 3d engine and Windows 8.
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

Torque may well be playing odd with Win8; though we can launch into the graphics card from my wife's Win8 machine, see my other post for some other odd behavior.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 03:05:32 pm »

The more I research into this problem the more I feel as though its an issue with the Torque 3D engine rather than specifically the game.

Very likely.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: