Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Shelter - Official Dead State ForumDead State Bugs and Feedback (Moderators: Brian, Caidoz, DrunkZombie, Christina, SunwardMold)Fixing the glitch that deleted a zombies inventory caused a new bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fixing the glitch that deleted a zombies inventory caused a new bug.  (Read 1023 times)
aoirann
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:02 pm »

From the steam forums.

"Are zombies supposed to still be able to use weapons ?
Looter became a zom,and came at me with a machete....Im damn glad he didnt have an assault rifle Tongue"

Can you hear me? Can you see me?
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:58:07 am »

I think that may have just been the animation of the looter attacking with a machete.  The actual attack was still just the zombie "claw".  I had that happen where it looked like an attack with a melee weapon.  Still a bug though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:36:55 am by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »

We do have an old bug where they still visually hold the weapon in their hands but the actual animation played is the zombie claw attack.  Does anyone know - does it sort of look like the zombie just has a weapon stuck in its hand while it's making a regular claw attack, or are they properly holding the weapons and making a humanlike attack? 
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

We do have an old bug where they still visually hold the weapon in their hands but the actual animation played is the zombie claw attack.  Does anyone know - does it sort of look like the zombie just has a weapon stuck in its hand while it's making a regular claw attack, or are they properly holding the weapons and making a humanlike attack? 

The cases I saw it was pretty clearly the former.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:27:20 am »

The cases I saw it was pretty clearly the former.

Seconded.  They do their "claw" attack and the weapon sort of floats along with it.  They're definitely not holding it as a human enemy would.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: