Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion and a Question  (Read 863 times)
Psyckosama
Novice

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:52:44 pm »

First, would it be possible to get a pause functionality that will allow us to issue orders. Right now setting up a formation to say, sneak up on a Zed and bash its brains in or attack hostile looters is a bitch because you have to move each individually rather than being able to send in everyone at once.

Second, how do you unload your companions once they get back to base because I can't see any way to access their inventories in the shelter.

Also, is there a way to intentionally make noise inorder to lure the undead to your location?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:20:49 pm by Psyckosama » Logged
aoirann
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »

First, would it be possible to get a pause functionality that will allow us to issue orders. Right now setting up a formation to say, sneak up on a Zed and bash its brains in or attack hostile looters is a bitch because you have to move each individually rather than being able to send in everyone at once.

Second, how do you unload your companions once they get back to base because I can't see any way to access their inventories in the shelter.

Also, is there a way to intentionally make noise inorder to lure the undead to your location?

The first will probably be post-release content. The Dev team need to release next week or they will lose it mentally as they can't do it anymore. Close thing is to hit B and you switch from group moves all at once to individual. It's nowhere close to what you want but it's something.

Second click the shelter inventory by the stairs. In the upper left there is a drop down menu. Click it and you should have access to everyone's inventory.

Third there are several ways of making noise. Firecrackers, noisemakers (An item called that) or if you have Lightning in your party he was a bark attack command. You just click him on his turn with that selected and he'll bark and make noise. You can enter combat at any time outside the shelter by hitting space bar.

Can you hear me? Can you see me?
Psyckosama
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:29 am »

I was hoping for simply the ability to yell out or bang on something outside of combat.

My favorite way of dealing with Zeds is to lure one away from the hoard with a fast runner who basically skirts the edge to get just one or two to enter combat mode, then run off until they lose interest.

Then I have my melee monsters run up behind them with fireaxes  Grin
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 10:08:18 am »

I was hoping for simply the ability to yell out or bang on something outside of combat.

You can make noise outside of "combat" but you have to enter combat mode to do it.  Things like bashing a door or shooting at a distant target.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: