Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of Decadence (Moderator: Vahhabyte)How long is it going to be?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How long is it going to be?  (Read 4155 times)
Eduardo24
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

I want to know. Also, an estimate of quantity of sidequests?
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »

Approximately 2,350 hours, 43 minutes and 69 seconds until release.

No information about the length of sidequests at this moment.

Stay Tuned

:evi:

Sorry couldn't resists doing this, blame that Bioware dev Tongue

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

I want to know.
It really, really depends on what you do. I'd say the game is similar to Fallout 1 in length and structure.

Also, an estimate of quantity of sidequests?
114 quests at the moment, including the main quest. As was stated before you won't get more than 60% in the course of one game. Most likely you'll get about 30-50 quests per game.
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »

114 quests at the moment, including the main quest. As was stated before you won't get more than 60% in the course of one game. Most likely you'll get about 30-50 quests per game.

Damn.  How can you compare it in length to Fallout?  There can't have been half as many quests in Fallout.  Is there any way you can give us a slightly more specific breakdown of these quests?  (I have a very particular reason for asking)

How many are one-offs?  How many are multi-stage and more involved?  Are you counting one multi-stage/complicated quest as more than one in your total?  How many require faction membership?  Just a general idea would be great.

My novel is published! DREAMLANDS
Lainestin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »

I'm curious how this game can have any length at all without things like random combat, slow travel, long load times, and lots of back and forth walking. If it still manages to be as long as Fallout 1 without those things I'd be ecstatic.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »

How can you compare it in length to Fallout?  There can't have been half as many quests in Fallout.
Half as many as what? 114? or 30-50? Replaying Fallout meant doing pretty much the same things in different ways, which was cool, of course. We took a different route. Replaying AoD means getting access to very different quests. The playtime remains about the same though.

Is there any way you can give us a slightly more specific breakdown of these quests?  (I have a very particular reason for asking)

How many are one-offs?  How many are multi-stage and more involved?  Are you counting one multi-stage/complicated quest as more than one in your total?  How many require faction membership?  Just a general idea would be great.
Let's use Teron as an example.

You have 4 main story quests.

3 quests per faction (House Daratan (different from the main quest), assassins, merchants, thieves, imperial guards) = 15 quests

5 side quests, including solutions to the previously mentioned quests. For example, IF you're working for the Thieves Guild and IF you decide to handle one of the quests in a certain way, then the price for securing an NPC's support is doing a quest for him.

So, overall we have 24 quests plus 7 vignette quests, so that's 31 quests right there. However, when you are playing the game you'll get 1 vignette quest, 4 main quests, up to 3 faction quests, and up to 3 side quests, so that's only 5-11 quests.
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »

What I meant to say is "How can you compare it in amount of content to Fallout?"

It's all well and good to say it will take as many hours to play, but if you can play AoD five times and have a completely different experience each time, then that's a lot more content than Fallout.  I'm afraid your Teron example didn't tell me what I want to know but I don't know how else to phrase it.

My novel is published! DREAMLANDS
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

What I meant to say is "How can you compare it in amount of content to Fallout?"
I didn't.

It's all well and good to say it will take as many hours to play, but if you can play AoD five times and have a completely different experience each time, then that's a lot more content than Fallout.
True, but I don't want to assume that everyone will play the game 4-5 times to experience everything the game has to offer.

I'm afraid your Teron example didn't tell me what I want to know but I don't know how else to phrase it.
Let me try again then.

How many are one-offs?
What's one-off?

How many are multi-stage and more involved?
At least 2/3 of all quests are multi-stage.

Are you counting one multi-stage/complicated quest as more than one in your total?
No.

How many require faction membership?
Also about 2/3 if not more.
Krancor
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »

That's a rather personal question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: