Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Few Characters  (Read 46929 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »

Here is something for you guys to discuss while we are preparing that Merchants Guild article that Vince promised you.

Some new armor and clothes.

A female-male armor comparisons.

Edit: That's the isometric (i.e. in-game) look:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:06:25 am by Vince » Logged

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Mephisto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:17:11 pm »

That's very nice, I like the mongol moustache!
Fosse
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 07:30:45 pm »

I'm really impressed with the characters.  The only shots this close up I've really seen are in the videos, and of course the resolution here shows off the detail much better.

These are the first female's we've seen?  If I may, they are a touch mannish.  What really stands out is overly large hands and feet, I think.  After looking for a bit I think the shoulders may be a bit wide, as well.  But I don't think I would have noticed that (if it's true) without the careful once over.  The hands and feet though jumped out.

If it's only one of several models, and this is the only one that just happens to be that way, then I withhold judgement until I see the rest of them.  The men here look great.  Good work.

Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:07:33 am »

Very nice Smile

Although, agree on the arms for females, decrease their size and shoulder width a bit.

Can I suggest something though? Add chafing cream as a purchasable item. That barbarian woman must get incredible nipple chafing, seeing as the leather straps holding her shoulder-pads in place cross directly over them.  lol

Seriously though, a fur bikini top for her would be good, seems fairly unrealistic. She swings a weapon hard and those babies are going to come loose and then her shoulder pads will fall off and all the other barbarians will make fun of her. Wink

Love the Mongol looking chaps.

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Jedi_Learner
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 04:05:37 am »

Serious question: Is there anything you can customise physically during the character creation screen? The face? Eye colour? Hairstyle? Size of breasts? Anything?

I'd like to take a moment here and address the issue of expectations. There is nothing revolutionary or evolutionary about AoD. I hope it will be a good game, nothing else.
Julius
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:29:52 am »

Hm, why mongols? Why not huns or something? Guess someone must think mongols are cool. D:

GAME MUST BE RELEASED
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:08:46 am »

Serious question: Is there anything you can customise physically during the character creation screen? The face? Eye colour? Hairstyle? Size of breasts? Anything?

Hair, beard, hair and beard color, and face. Eye color is barely visible from the game's POV.

Ellorien
Master

Mindflayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 12:30:41 pm »

Cool.  Smile Nice job, Oscar.

A few poison kisses:
I agree - arms are too big/long, hands/feet are too big for a female. That girl in purple looks like gorilla because she has the wrong pair of upper extremities.

Also, while armor looks finely detailed and lavishly decorated, women's clothes appear a bit too plain (I am being gaylord here). And yes, those barbarian straps across nipples... ouch!   Wink

μολὼν λαβέ
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 01:17:08 pm »

Cool.  Smile Nice job, Oscar.

A few poison kisses:
I agree - arms are too big/long, hands/feet are too big for a female. That girl in purple looks like gorilla because she has the wrong pair of upper extremities.

We are going to make the feet and hands smaller, and make the arms less fat, but shorter arms is difficult, because they use the same bones as the man for animations, and the hands must be at the exactly same place for both models.

Also, while armor looks finely detailed and lavishly decorated, women's clothes appear a bit too plain (I am being gaylord here). And yes, those barbarian straps across nipples... ouch!   Wink

The straps have soft cushions inside Wink

Anyway, those pictures do not represent how models look in the game, so I made some ISO shots. Please tell me any suggestions you have on these ones:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 01:55:26 pm by Oscar » Logged

Ellorien
Master

Mindflayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 01:36:39 pm »

I like the cleavage  Grin

True, the arms don't look so disproportionate in this view.

μολὼν λαβέ
Granite
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 06:42:40 pm »

Hair, beard, hair and beard color, and face. Eye color is barely visible from the game's POV.
What about the body size? Could we make the character to have an "abdomen of beer"?
Oh, that would be nice!!  Grin
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:44:12 pm by Granite » Logged
Tigranes
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:28 am »

The first ISO model for example does somewhat have the Hulking Shoulders problem (seen in many games)... but it's not too bad. The fourth legionary looks like he stopped growing at 13, but again, not a big deal. I think the hands/feet size would have been the most important thing to differentiate, after looking at the models in OP.

"men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined."
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 03:05:32 am »

You know, you could still get some use out of the bulkier female models that you have now...I see a comical sidequest where a male character has to infiltrate some sultan-like fellow's harem using the disguise skill and a stolen costume!

Hilarious misadventure ensues!  Wink

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
MaximB
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 06:51:04 am »

Apart from what already been said, the female boobs must be bigger, and their faces more female like.
They are looking too manly.

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 08:36:06 am »

their faces more female like. They are looking too manly.

You know, I made a beautiful face with using extra polygons, and then I went to an ISO view and... Well, it was the same  as the old one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: