Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good News, Everyone!  (Read 5469 times)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

EDIT: I was apparently typing this at the same time Annie was posting her announcement, but I'm going to leave it up since we have different details in both our posts Wink

I'm excited to announce that DoubleBear Productions will be showing Dead State at PAX Prime again this year!  We're fortunate enough to be part of the Indie Megabooth again, featured alongside some other ~60+ indie developers and their awesome games!  PAX is happening end of next week, Aug. 29 - Sept. 1.

For our PAX demo this year, players can pick from one of three save states:
(1) Story/Tutorial focused, where the player experiences the beginning part of the game and gets the tutorial elements (yep we've got those incoming!),
(2) Combat focused, where the player jumps right into the shark tank and fights for their life, and
(3) Character focused where the player copes with a crisis event in the shelter.

If you'll be at PAX and you'd like to check out the demo, buy a Steam code for a friend, or just say hi, you can find us at Booth #29 in the Indie Megabooth, towards the back of the 4th floor exhibitor area.

But wait, there's more!

I'm happy to say we appear to be on track for releasing public beta NEXT WEEK, barring any unforeseen complications.  So don't worry, we didn't let PAX get in the way of public beta development - instead we just cloned ourselves and prepared for both things at once!  (I wish - I probably would have gotten a lot more sleep that way...)

Next week is going to be really crazy for us, so forgive us if there's a bit of radio silence in the meantime.  I promise the end results will be worth it Smile

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:34:43 pm by Christina » Logged
Eisregen
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

Thanks for the release of beta next week info. Have fun on PAX! Lots of cool other stuff in the indie megabooth. starcrawlers, rebuild 3, dungeon of the endless etc. etc. ... too bad i am in europe...
Those games all have a link to buy early-alpha on steam on the Pax-page. you maybe should add such a link,too.
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »

Great suggestion, thanks!  I missed the option to do this when I was filling out our info. I've updated our Megabooth page with a link to our Early Access Smile
CounselorPally
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:21 pm »

It's killing me that I don't think I'm going to make it to PAX this year (I'm even beyond more broke than usual due to being unemp. since April)...... but either way I'll be helping you guys test the whole 9 yards I promise.

If I get this job tomorrow I'll try to spring for a few tickets. I really want to see you guys again and give you guys high fives.

My youtube channel has quite a few Dead State vids on it. You can come check it out if you want. http://www.youtube.com/chancepaladin
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »

Good luck on landing the job, I hope you can make it to PAX!!  Even if not, we know all our forum regulars will be with us there in spirit Smile
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 07:26:20 pm »

Good luck on landing the job, I hope you can make it to PAX!!  Even if not, we know all our forum regulars will be with us there in spirit Smile

No idea what the required logistics would be, but just tossing this out there: Maybe streaming the booth would be an option?  I know free Livestream channels can hold up to 50 viewers, so it'd almost be like having the forum there with you!  Smile

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »

No idea what the required logistics would be, but just tossing this out there: Maybe streaming the booth would be an option?  I know free Livestream channels can hold up to 50 viewers, so it'd almost be like having the forum there with you!  Smile

PAX is notoriously horrible for getting a reliable signal and internet hookups for the booth are incredibly expensive.
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:58:37 pm »

PAX is notoriously horrible for getting a reliable signal and internet hookups for the booth are incredibly expensive.

Yeah, I thought about this myself, but I don't see how we could make it work D:  We'll do our best to get some phone video or pictures at least!  Maybe one of us will even find time to upload them xD
Frostbite2288
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:29:35 pm »

besides a longer playtime as with 7 days we only had 7 days to play game time, what would the difference between the alpha and beta be?
Bsadzewicz
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:59 pm »

besides a longer playtime as with 7 days we only had 7 days to play game time, what would the difference between the alpha and beta be?

crisis events, more dialoge, more allies, more maps, more random encounters would be the easiest to say I would imagine (don't quote me)... basically more content all around a couple of extra features (I.E. crisis events and whatever else is thrown in there be it the dogs etc.)  and expect a LOT OF BUGS especially at the beginning of the beta release and possibly quicker updates on fixing bugs so they can in turn quickly test the new bugs that the fixes to the old bugs cause to the build which in turn will start to stem the tide to where there are either no bugs for release or very few bugs (depends on the quality of both their testing and our bug reports)
Frostbite2288
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »

sweet, getting the game polished now and done gotta get rid of all those annoying bugs, this is gonna be an awesome game and thanks for the info mate ^^
Frostbite2288
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

Im hoping that today is the day that the beta is out, im looking forward to testing out bugs and making sure this game is bug free when it releases
Diana
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 03:54:31 am »

Im hoping that today is the day that the beta is out, im looking forward to testing out bugs and making sure this game is bug free when it releases
Yeah good luck with that.
ArchangelM127
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 01:42:43 pm »

Yeah good luck with that.
lol
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:44:43 pm by ArchangelM127 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: