Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monday Design Update - ANNOUNCEMENT!  (Read 11924 times)
Bsadzewicz
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 07:13:08 am »

Yeah, I bet a hundred funny money the most vocal naysayers on Steam will sing the same song as always, but there's not much we can do about that. I'll need to write up an announcement when the beta goes live (and a stickied post) that describes the state of the beta and reminds them that we need their help testing to make the final version as rad as possible.  We'll see how it goes Wink
Well, please be careful in choosing words.  Some of them seem to be just coming for flame wars.  They may write something along the line of "The devs are conspiring with blind fanboys."  They will easily twist your words to lure those who are less intelligent than they are (and to my surprise, there seem to be quite many people).  However, an average careful reader couldn't but notice how little they showed interests in the game itself.  In fact, I don't report any poster whose comments are actually related with the game even if they are negative.  Simply, try not to feed them-it is like dealing with internet black holes which just consume your time.  It's sad but, if you'd like optimize your efforts, Steam is one of the best bets for a unknown studio to reach the public or at least, your targeted audiences, I think.

Do you think that there will be a stream video like thich tv?
Unlikely but I don't think the majority of us have time to sit and wait for live streams.  An edited video clip with some comments would be nice-if the devs have time for it, of course.

Don't worry, I am always very careful about my choice of words on Steam Wink

I shall gladly take your 100 funny money when I start generating bug reports etc... to you with the beta version since I was definitely an advocate of the beta getting released Grin.   

Excellent Smile 

my bug reporting has started as of last night 2 quick ones found and posted on steam bug forums Grin I shall gladly accept my $100 in funny money in email format Tongue.  Great build so far
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:31 am »

That should cover it Tongue 
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:11 am »

lol

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Bsadzewicz
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 02:41:58 pm »

Thank you very much Grin im omitting most no loot/ unopenable loot container bugs I find as the list is extensive and I'm sure they're all unfinished maps Grin.  The main ones ill be posting will be unable to leave maps, crashes *will post specs if I experience a crash that isn't already reported*, unable to exit certain rooms of the maps, *not clipping unless the map has another issue as well then I'll mention it*, bodies disappearing after death *or being knocked out like I experienced in the highway map *? symbol on world map and has a dialogue where ambushed after trying to heal a person with no actual wounds and will post this bug presently in the already created thead for said map on the bug reporting forums*
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 02:54:04 pm »

Thank you very much Grin im omitting most no loot/ unopenable loot container bugs I find as the list is extensive and I'm sure they're all unfinished maps Grin.  The main ones ill be posting will be unable to leave maps, crashes *will post specs if I experience a crash that isn't already reported*, unable to exit certain rooms of the maps, *not clipping unless the map has another issue as well then I'll mention it*, bodies disappearing after death *or being knocked out like I experienced in the highway map *? symbol on world map and has a dialogue where ambushed after trying to heal a person with no actual wounds and will post this bug presently in the already created thead for said map on the bug reporting forums*

If they don't already exist, it would probably be helpful to post threads for issues about specific maps, just so it's easy for the team to identify which areas are still missing loot or have unblocked walls, etc.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Bsadzewicz
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:44 pm »

If they don't already exist, it would probably be helpful to post threads for issues about specific maps, just so it's easy for the team to identify which areas are still missing loot or have unblocked walls, etc.

It's well north of half of the areas ive seen so far and almost every area any kind of distance away from the shelter I may just have to screenshot a world map and circle areas (had to use simple edits to keep supplies going to find some areas in lieu of the sheer amount of maps missing loot/enemes.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »

It's well north of half of the areas ive seen so far and almost every area any kind of distance away from the shelter I may just have to screenshot a world map and circle areas (had to use simple edits to keep supplies going to find some areas in lieu of the sheer amount of maps missing loot/enemes.

I made a map which is pretty similar to what you're describing, found here: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,4313.0.html

It's outdated as of the beta release but I've been updating it gradually as I visit all the areas.  It should give you at least a general idea of where to find a number of areas and what to expect in terms of enemies/loot/bugs.

Bsadzewicz
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »

I just made a new map in the bug reports thread titled MAP SPOILERS YOU ARE WARNED.  known map issues from playthrough.

didn't see your outdated map thread though
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: