Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old fashion cheats codes.  (Read 2039 times)
aoirann
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

What I have noticed in modern games is a lack of built in cheat codes. Remember bobblehead mode, god mode, unlimited ammo, and dance mode? Stuff like that. I was wondering if it would be possible at this point in the built to add in cheat codes. Like a command that enacts a crisis the next time you're at base, unlimited ammo, freeze supplies, stuff like that. I can't remember the last game that had a built codes or an editor like that.

/Anyone remember the code that let you have Boo as a part member in Baldur's gate? Maybe one that allows Davis to play but he's like a wheel chair bound superman.

Can you hear me? Can you see me?
speaker2
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:12:32 pm »

What I have noticed in modern games is a lack of built in cheat codes. Remember bobblehead mode, god mode, unlimited ammo, and dance mode? Stuff like that. I was wondering if it would be possible at this point in the built to add in cheat codes. Like a command that enacts a crisis the next time you're at base, unlimited ammo, freeze supplies, stuff like that. I can't remember the last game that had a built codes or an editor like that.

/Anyone remember the code that let you have Boo as a part member in Baldur's gate? Maybe one that allows Davis to play but he's like a wheel chair bound superman.

Personaly I never used cheat code in any game soo have them have 0 consequence on me play BUT I asume that is part of the developer choise to put them or not.
CounselorPally
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:49:51 am »

There are still games with cheat codes or dev modes, but usually for the score at the end you won't get a traditional score since it's understood it's just for fun.

I know Dead Rising 2's 2nd iteration had a "director's cut" that unlocked every single little detail of the entire game.

I don't think it's that uncommon for console games.. maybe for PC games but maybe that's because people make their own anyway.

My youtube channel has quite a few Dead State vids on it. You can come check it out if you want. http://www.youtube.com/chancepaladin
BadVoodoo
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 05:28:33 am »

If Dead State gets a mod/quest maker mode like NW2 or G.E.C.K i promise to work on a King of the Hill mod where you take Hanks place and protect the neighborhood's families that live there. Its already in Texas. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:58:03 am by BadVoodoo » Logged

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end."
CounselorPally
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 07:54:06 pm »

If Dead State gets a mod/quest maker mode like NW2 or G.E.C.K i promise to work on a King of the Hill mod where you take Hanks place and protect the neighborhood's families that live there. Its already in Texas. Tongue

Hehe I want a similar one but where you're camping. Like the "human campsite" where that's your base instead of a school or something. Smile And deck it out and upgrade it with stuff. I like camping. Smile

My youtube channel has quite a few Dead State vids on it. You can come check it out if you want. http://www.youtube.com/chancepaladin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: