Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [Spoiler] 3-way combat issue  (Read 1827 times)
CounselorPally
Craftsman

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

Did a lot of Alley last night and there were a lot of times where the zombies and bad guys ignored each other and came after me still. I had to work really really hard to get them to fight each other still. Sad If I can knock a guy down, the zombies will get them, otherwise they seem to ignore each other. Sad Makes me a sad panda.

I think Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City does this best. I love love love that game.

I think this has to get fixed because it's way way way too hard to get them to agro each other right now.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:36:25 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

My youtube channel has quite a few Dead State vids on it. You can come check it out if you want. http://www.youtube.com/chancepaladin
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:22:15 pm »

Did a lot of Alley last night and there were a lot of times where the zombies and bad guys ignored each other and came after me still. I had to work really really hard to get them to fight each other still. Sad If I can knock a guy down, the zombies will get them, otherwise they seem to ignore each other. Sad Makes me a sad panda.

I think Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City does this best. I love love love that game.

I think this has to get fixed because it's way way way too hard to get them to agro each other right now.

Thanks!

It's a known AI issue. The AI seems to think the PC is the bigger threat in most situations and goes after them first. It's definitely on our list of combat issues to fix.
CounselorPally
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:27:10 am »

Thanks!

It's a known AI issue. The AI seems to think the PC is the bigger threat in most situations and goes after them first. It's definitely on our list of combat issues to fix.

Ah okay thanks Brian. I think I brought it up before so I apologize and thank you again!  Salute

My youtube channel has quite a few Dead State vids on it. You can come check it out if you want. http://www.youtube.com/chancepaladin
ledeir
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 11:41:53 am »

This was glaringly obvious in the "survivor encampment" (I'm not sure if I got the name right)
I found a location on the map with a survivor camp under attack by zombies.
The zombies attacked the survivors, killing one before I even acted.
Being a good person, I went to try and kill the zombies to help the survivors.
The survivors then immediately changed their target to my team even though they were still being actively attacked by the zombies.

Hopefully you will fix this soon!
Diana
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:21 am »

Being a good person
The word you're looking for is "naive", not "good". Evil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: