Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [Spoiler] Monday Design Update - Level Feedback  (Read 22798 times)
Stormfury
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 08:08:47 am »

Favorite map:
Hmm. So many, tough to choose.   I think my favorite so far is Church. 

Why:
It has so many untold stories (like many mentioned) as well as it was refreshing to see a new structure and one that was instantly recognizable.  Then there is the hidden sub-tone of safety in the church which only turns out to be a living hell. Smile

What I'd like to see more of:
Variety of building structures (more models) and a more outdoor encounters/maps.

Bonus:
Just want to say thanks! I appreciate the work you guys have put into Dead State as well as letting us participate in the process.

Looking for a small PVE focused Star Citizen Org?
http://www.xenosync.com
Izzy McLovin
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 04:28:34 pm »

For me its Alley I think.

Not a big area but boy what a challenge the first time I stumbled over it Tongue

(Also ALOT of nice loot Wink )
aoirann
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 02:23:21 pm »

I liked the Bullseye map and the Ghost Town map. The Bullseye still seems to have issues with glitches, as I said in the bug report sub section,. However I made out like a thief in the night with all the stuff I got. I had to get Joel to leave behind a gun or two just so I could carry more. Which leads to a funny image of poor Joel Lugging a Sowing Machine over ten miles back to the shelter. I think the standard of living in my shelter after that was higher than before he zombie Apocalypse.

As for Ghost town it seem quiet enough, someplace that was abandoned years ago. So I quickly made my way to the exit. Then suddenly I'm on the ground bleeding out from two Coyotes (the human smugglers not the mammal) shooting me in the head. So a quick reload, an ambush on the ambushers, and now I got two 9mm pistols and decent armor for my team.

Can you hear me? Can you see me?
Ivan Bajlo
Journeyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:44 am »

I am totally late with the Design Update this week. Since last week, more levels have been implemented, combat's getting a bit more polish, and new allies are getting hooked up in the world. What I would like to do this week is get some feedback from those who have played the game:

What's your favorite level in the Early Access build?

I like supermarkets because of all the loot but still Downtown Splendid is my favorite.

Why is it your favorite?

Guns!  Embarrassed

Based on the levels you've played, what do you want to see more of in the final game?

Most of all level/map editor so we can make our own, fans of Xenonauts are doing some great work which makes repetitive missions less boring, but anything related to original zombie movies or Walking Dead comics (not so much TV series) like mall, prison or military base (maybe even tank or apc which can't move but can be used to blast some zombie horde to clear a path?).

Basements and multistory buildings (beside school)? This would seriously increase suspense factor because during searching those there would not be possibility of quick escape from narrows space especially if multiple zombies are encountered.

Hint: None of your answers should be "alligator."

Zombie alligator? That would be awesome! Approve
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »

Based on the levels you've played, what do you want to see more of in the final game?
Most of all level/map editor so we can make our own
Been a few months since this was posted, but I was searching for "map editor" through the forums and this was the most relevant post and there was no reply.

Will there be a map editor included with the final game (or earlier?). I'd love to make a few maps. I've used the Fallout map editor so I'm ok with user unfriendly map editors.
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 08:39:09 pm »

Most of all level/map editor so we can make our own
Been a few months since this was posted, but I was searching for "map editor" through the forums and this was the most relevant post and there was no reply.

Will there be a map editor included with the final game (or earlier?). I'd love to make a few maps. I've used the Fallout map editor so I'm ok with user unfriendly map editors.

No current plans for a map editor.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2014, 01:42:42 am »

Aw.

So how are the maps made? Editing the files in a text editor then loading the results?
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:51 am »

Aw.

So how are the maps made? Editing the files in a text editor then loading the results?

That would be something the devs would have to answer.  I just know they haven't been developing for moddablilty or fan created content.  I assume they developed some proprietary inhouse editor or are perhaps just using Torque itself.  What ever they are using may not be standalone so may not be easy to "release into the wild".

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Clawdius_Talonious
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

Okay, I wanted to note an issue with Alamo Way now that it has received a loot pass. I love the loot pass, my issue is with collision. Namely, there is a white house next to the orange Need Help! spraypaint (as opposed to the white house by the black Help! spraypaint) in the street. The house has no collision in the bathroom interior walls, I have walked from the kitchen straight through the bathroom to the back bedroom with all the interior doors shut just to make sure that the entire bathroom seems to have no collision set on the walls.

I also went to Parklife Clinic for the first time (that I have ever been there) since it received a loot pass. The survivalists came as a bit of a shock because it seems fairly abandoned otherwise. I loved the loot, practically every container I expected might be lootable was. I imagine that particular area hasn't received a "zombie" enemy pass yet, a good number of undead should make the place a great map overall. I'd love to see some of the earlier maps receive that much attention, Downtown Splendid in particular.

Downtown Splendid sets an odd tone early on, with completely empty backrooms in a restaurant and laundromat, not to mention the lack of loot in the cars. While I wouldn't expect much in any of the cars or anything, one of the earliest maps with a bunch of cars on it has very few cars you can actually interact with. So I'd really love to see it get another look before 1.0, even if it is just to place some kitchen equipment and an office in the back rooms of the empty buildings and put some candy or soda in the cop cars.

Edited to add: Serpent Street also has a collision issue preventing you from accessing the front door/porch of the house with the basket ball hoop (second or third house you come across) making the only entrance that is functional the back door. There should either be debris preventing you from accessing the porch, or else this is just a bug that needs to be fixed.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:12:35 pm by Clawdius_Talonious » Logged
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:20 pm »

I also went to Parklife Clinic for the first time (that I have ever been there) since it received a loot pass. The survivalists came as a bit of a shock because it seems fairly abandoned otherwise. I loved the loot, practically every container I expected might be lootable was. I imagine that particular area hasn't received a "zombie" enemy pass yet, a good number of undead should make the place a great map overall.
I like that many survivalist maps don't have zombies, like San Angelo's Bullseye where all the bodies are in a giant pile, makes it seem like they do regular patrols to keep their areas clear. With Parklife Clinic's dead bodies with blood trails (indicating they were alive when they "died") instead of zombies to me it seem like the survivalists started killing people even before the evacuation happened. Though you're right in that a zombie or two would be nice if in hidden/locked locations as a surprise to the player.

The clinic itself should have "dead" zombies in it, since there's a bunch of spray painted "all dead inside" on the walls. Maybe a few "live" zombies hidden in the locked supply closet which the survivalists missed?
luxanna
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2014, 11:33:02 pm »

Bulls Eye Mall is my favorite. After that its the Golf Castle...havent seen it in Patch #4 now but i like because its something different.

I would like something like the Six Flags Amusement Park (visited that on my first trip to the US i was so stunned...its long ago but still remember that day).

At some Locations i miss few more Zombies. Right now im thinking of switching to firearms to have more of them around.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: