Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wiki (Announcement!)  (Read 10308 times)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 07:21:17 pm »

I like the new changes, those portraits are cool as well.  Renee and Vic are missing a description on the Allies page, though.  Glad to learn that Max has a more normal name too, I had been wondering how he ended up as Getz Getz!

Aha, yep, I took my dog on a walk partway through filling out the Allies page.  I'll update it.

I think I've written most if not all of the character information on their individual pages, that's all drawn from content mentioned in the demo so it should be easy to track what's publicly available.  I need to re-write some of those though since they were mostly created with speculation from the Kickstarter and PAX videos.  I've already updated the images in their profiles to the latest ones used on the Allies page, and assuming I get admin access sometime soon, I'll tackle the locations page, which I think needs a lot of work.  It's set up to be all possible locations and should probably be listed as locations actually visitable on the map, plus RE maps, and then from there have sub-categories for diners, pharmacies, laundromats, etc.

It'll definitely be an ongoing project!  Salute
Tkram
Neophyte

Kill them before they kill you

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 06:43:40 am »

Hello

I am actually creating a spanish versión of  Dead State wiki

More or less every day I translate between  1 to 5 pages, depends on size.

Recently I realized that a larger number of items are missed in the English section equipment and I add some into the spanish version.

I hope this pleases you!

PD: For the "new" items I am using the in-game description.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:56 am »

Hello

I am actually creating a spanish versión of  Dead State wiki

More or less every day I translate between  1 to 5 pages, depends on size.

Recently I realized that a larger number of items are missed in the English section equipment and I add some into the spanish version.

I hope this pleases you!

PD: For the "new" items I am using the in-game description.

Thank you very much for your help!

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Annie
Developer

Dead State game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »

I wanted to update folks really quickly - in the past month or so, I worked to update the wiki, and with the tireless help of the community, have created or updated the following:

* All ally entries (including the Ally Gallery, including new stuff for Lightning, Pepper, Samm, and Smoky)
* Weapons (including thrown and named)
* Weapon Classes (updated with details from manual)
* Food values
* Weapon Abilities (updated with Alternate Attacks)
* Luxury Item values
* Armor (added Shades/Vintage Bike Helmet/Police Hat, added definitions for special attributes like "Bulky" and "Dodge")
* NPCs (including details on factions, and in-depth details on foes like Marshall Streeter, Lt. Adair, and others)
* Named Enemies
* Status Effects
* Undead Plague

Basically - every value for food/luxury/weapon/armor items should be up-to-date for Reanimated values, and every ally should not only have fully details for their events but also stats and their skill progression path. Enjoy! Smile

WILL GAME FOR WORK
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:15 am »

Awesome, that'll go a long way towards helping people doing searches  Approve

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 07:46:30 am »

Great!  Thanks for all the hard work Annie.  Salute

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Annie
Developer

Dead State game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 05:15:50 pm »

My pleasure! Thanks muchly to the both of you for suggestions, feedback, and all kinds of help. <3 Smile

WILL GAME FOR WORK
Aridolomo
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 02:23:27 pm »

Hello!

I had a few things in mind that in my oppinion would make the wiki a lot easier to use, as well as filling in some gabs and giving aditional info:

Easier ways around the wiki:
1: add the ammo the gun uses on the weapon page, now we have to look at the ammo page to see what guns they go in.
2: add the modiefied weapons to the ammo list.

Gabs:
1: add what weapon can use what special attack since this is no where to be found in both the manual and the wiki.
2: add both; Militia & Raiders/coyotes enemies to their lists, since they now both only have a general description of their general class.
(3: add more info on all enemies like HP, AP and weapon/attack statistics)

Aditional info:
1: add the manual statistics of as example the changed hit chance w/ strength skill vs the enemy's agility like it is in the manual.
(2: add more info on all enemies like HP, AP and weapon/attack statistics)

I know this post sounds a bit demanding, but I prefer to make a clear list instead of making some sort of vague story, I have the best intents for the game (and a part fo that is the wiki) to become even more amazing than it already is. Grin

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 11:41:09 pm »

Perhaps some eager player with time on their hands can add that info.  It is a wiki after all.  I had suggested to Annie to add things to the wiki that only the devs would know.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »

http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Armor_List
Mask - The equipped character is using effective safety gear will not be affected by Nerve Gas, Tear Gas, or Jars of Acid. Unlike the "Sealed" effect, characters will not take damage from the attacks.
Maybe I don't understand something but isn't it the other way around - sealed armors protect you from damage (like acid jar damage, I mean) but masks do not?
Also, in "sealed" section:
Sealed - The equipped character is using effective safety gear will not be affected by Nerve Gas, Tear Gas, or Jars of Acid. Unlike the "Mask" effect, they will take damage from the weapons, but will not receive any Status Effects because of them.
it sounds like "mask" protect from weapon damage... I'm lost here. Does it really? can't check now but very skeptical about that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:31:47 pm by jahs » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: