Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wiki (Announcement!)  (Read 10796 times)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:09:10 pm »

Hi everyone,

DoubleBear is pleased to endorse Gamepedia.com’s Dead State wiki as our official wiki for the project.  The wiki has existed for a while as an unofficial resource, maintained by our most active community members - it just seemed like the logical step to make the whole thing official!  If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend you visit it and consider becoming a contributor.  Please spread the word to other members of the gaming community who either already love Dead State or are curious to learn more about it.  Right now, there’s still a lot of content on there waiting to be fleshed out, so this is the best time to get involved and really help expand the Dead State wiki.  If you’re looking for more ways to help us out in addition to playing the Early Access build and providing feedback, this is a great option!  I hope this wiki proves useful to everyone, and I look forward to seeing it grow and develop!

I'll also be stickying this for reference, adding an update about it on Steam, and updating the website to reflect this info.  Furthermore, the next free chance I get, I'll try to add some things to the wiki myself Smile
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:45:17 pm by Christina » Logged
Torgue
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:01:29 pm »

Hi everyone,

DoubleBear is pleased to endorse Gamepedia.com’s Dead State wiki as our official wiki for the project.  The wiki has existed for a while as an unofficial resource, maintained by our most active community members - it just seemed like the logical step to make the whole thing official!  If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend you visit it and consider becoming a contributor.  Please spread the word to other members of the gaming community who either already love Dead State or are curious to learn more about it.  Right now, there’s still a lot of content on there waiting to be fleshed out, so this is the best time to get involved and really help expand the Dead State wiki.  If you’re looking for more ways to help us out in addition to playing the Early Access build and providing feedback, this is a great option!  I hope this wiki proves useful to everyone, and I look forward to seeing it grow and develop!

I'll also be stickying this for reference, adding an update about it on Steam, and updating the website to reflect this info.  Furthermore, the next free chance I get, I'll try to add some things to the wiki myself Smile

Excellent news! Grin
Oh, and the link is broken, Christina. This one should work.
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »

Indeed, gj.  Salute

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:27:53 pm »

I started a new game today and I've been adding images, weapon info, and other stuff as I find them, although there are some changes I think should be considered which I don't seem to have permission/ability to do myself (I'm not sure about the levels of access, admin vs. moderator etc).

• There are a lot of spam pages on the wiki which I can only clear the text of, but not delete.  They're completely random and off topic and don't actually link to anything, probably put there by bots for all I know.
  • "Base" pages should be renamed to Shelter for clarity, since that's the "official" term for the school
  • Equipment page has redundant info such as armor, I would suggest making it only field-usable items such as lockpicks, energy drinks, etc
  • People will probably be coming directly to the main page for answers, so the Antibiotics subsection could be changed to a general Healing or Medical subsection for antibiotics, medkit items, and information about the infirmary.
  • I think we could stand to remove the Containers subsection and add that as a category in each location, so it'd be a page for Llano commercial, then sections for which buildings it has, and then subsections for the containers in those buildings, for example.  Removes some clutter and streamlines the searching process.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »

I started a new game today and I've been adding images, weapon info, and other stuff as I find them, although there are some changes I think should be considered which I don't seem to have permission/ability to do myself (I'm not sure about the levels of access, admin vs. moderator etc).

• There are a lot of spam pages on the wiki which I can only clear the text of, but not delete.  They're completely random and off topic and don't actually link to anything, probably put there by bots for all I know.
  • "Base" pages should be renamed to Shelter for clarity, since that's the "official" term for the school
  • Equipment page has redundant info such as armor, I would suggest making it only field-usable items such as lockpicks, energy drinks, etc
  • People will probably be coming directly to the main page for answers, so the Antibiotics subsection could be changed to a general Healing or Medical subsection for antibiotics, medkit items, and information about the infirmary.
  • I think we could stand to remove the Containers subsection and add that as a category in each location, so it'd be a page for Llano commercial, then sections for which buildings it has, and then subsections for the containers in those buildings, for example.  Removes some clutter and streamlines the searching process.

Changes made.  I deleted the one spam page I saw.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:40:47 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »

Thanks to Torgue for catching the link error, I've fixed it in the original post!

Also, I'm really going to try and get in there and update some content as well so we can make it an even stronger wiki.  I'm busy all the time with production and design tasks, so it can be hard to get a space of time to really roll up my sleeves and work on the wiki, but I want to do what I can to make the community resources invaluable Smile
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:57:01 pm »

Thanks to Torgue for catching the link error, I've fixed it in the original post!

Also, I'm really going to try and get in there and update some content as well so we can make it an even stronger wiki.  I'm busy all the time with production and design tasks, so it can be hard to get a space of time to really roll up my sleeves and work on the wiki, but I want to do what I can to make the community resources invaluable Smile

Are there any changes the team wants made or any kinds of content plans you guys have for the wiki?  I've just been adding images and flavor text for the most part, so if there's something more "focused" I can do, let me know.  Salute

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »

Following pages should be deleted since they're outdated and redundant:

http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Unknown_Sub-Leader
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Renee
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Joel
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Renee%27s_Mother
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Davis

I would remove them myself but I don't have admin or whatever on the wiki, and unfortunately the guy who made it hasn't been active here since last June.  Confused

DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 01:29:52 pm »

Following pages should be deleted since they're outdated and redundant:

http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Unknown_Sub-Leader
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Renee
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Joel
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Renee%27s_Mother
http://deadstate.gamepedia.com/Davis

I would remove them myself but I don't have admin or whatever on the wiki, and unfortunately the guy who made it hasn't been active here since last June.  Confused

I'll try to get to it tonight.

Edit:  Done

Have you tried applying to be an admin via "Claim this Wiki"?  If you mention you are an admin on this forum I would think you would get it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:08:15 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »

No, where's the option for that?

DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 07:25:59 am »

No, where's the option for that?
There should be a big button on the top left of the wiki that says "Claim this Wiki".  It lets you apply to be an admin.  Of course I don't know if the wiki is still being monitored close enough for the owner to notice.

I'll take a look this weekend to see if my admin access will let me make someone else an admin.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:57 am »

Ah, found it, thanks.  I'll send in the form, here's hoping.  -EDIT- Says I should have a response in 24 hours, looks like it gets sent to a general admin for the whole wiki site.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:48:19 am by Caidoz » Logged

Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:23 pm »

Are there any changes the team wants made or any kinds of content plans you guys have for the wiki?  I've just been adding images and flavor text for the most part, so if there's something more "focused" I can do, let me know.  Salute

Ahhh, sorry, I missed this (busy week and apparently didn't check "Notify me of replies"). I'm honestly not sure yet, as I haven't had much of a chance to analyze it and decide what really needs to be improved.  I'll go through it today and think about what you guys could help with.  It's a bit of a mess, since we need to make sure (a) all the systems are mentioned and the info on them is up-to-date, (b) any characters who've been revealed have all their public information tracked, (c) any lore that's been exposed outside the wiki is up, etc. etc.  It's sure to be an ongoing project Smile 
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 04:28:46 pm »

Edit:
Scratch that, I'm uploading *new* portraits (the most up-to-date files) and adding short descriptions on the Allies page, but it looks like you guys are well ahead of me as usual on creating pages for the individual allies n_n
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:54:29 pm by Christina » Logged
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 06:27:04 pm »

I like the new changes, those portraits are cool as well.  Renee and Vic are missing a description on the Allies page, though.  Glad to learn that Max has a more normal name too, I had been wondering how he ended up as Getz Getz!

I think I've written most if not all of the character information on their individual pages, that's all drawn from content mentioned in the demo so it should be easy to track what's publicly available.  I need to re-write some of those though since they were mostly created with speculation from the Kickstarter and PAX videos.  I've already updated the images in their profiles to the latest ones used on the Allies page, and assuming I get admin access sometime soon, I'll tackle the locations page, which I think needs a lot of work.  It's set up to be all possible locations and should probably be listed as locations actually visitable on the map, plus RE maps, and then from there have sub-categories for diners, pharmacies, laundromats, etc.

It'll definitely be an ongoing project!  Salute

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: