Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Important feature requests  (Read 37193 times)
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2015, 02:42:52 am »

It's not that important but I've just noticed that when you turn help on (by pressing F1) there is only the option to go to the next tip or close it. There should be a "previous" button so that a player wouldn't have to close Help window, open it again and go to the tip that interests him. I've noticed that after searching for keyboard shortcuts (which are a must on the other hand). Shortcuts are essential, especially to change type of the attack.
Sunfire
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2015, 08:20:37 pm »

It would be great to implement a bloodthirsty beheading animation of death by Aimed Attack: Head or Arterial Strike Evil
Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2015, 05:21:51 pm »

I loved the break-in opportunities in Teron. The chance to sneak into Feng's or into the blacksmith's room was a very fun and rewarding bit of exploration for perceptive players. I know you guys have your hands full with Ganezzar, but will there be more such opportunities added in Maadoran and Ganezzar once the final push to release the game begins? There were a bunch of houses by the arena district in Maadoran that would seem like a great opportunity for a bit of house-breaking and exploration, so I'd love to see more of this.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2015, 05:51:04 pm »

Approve Esquilax

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Sunfire
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2015, 04:58:48 am »

And horses - they looks like dummies - they need some animation for sure - same as spectators on Arena (probably their models have not changed since 2007).
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »

I loved the break-in opportunities in Teron. The chance to sneak into Feng's or into the blacksmith's room was a very fun and rewarding bit of exploration for perceptive players. I know you guys have your hands full with Ganezzar, but will there be more such opportunities added in Maadoran and Ganezzar once the final push to release the game begins? There were a bunch of houses by the arena district in Maadoran that would seem like a great opportunity for a bit of house-breaking and exploration, so I'd love to see more of this.
A locked chest/room at the Teron inn with something valuable in it would also be appreciated. And some plants in the Bandit Camp/Outpost.
Stealth
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 11:32:19 am »

More plants to harvest in general, especially at the satellite locations, would be nice. Don't see why the player wouldn't be able to harvest some plants being grown at the monestary.
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 11:51:13 am »

There's one problem here, Alchemy is really damn powerful, so an effective way to nerf it is to limit availability of ingredients.

― George Orwell, 1984
Stealth
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2015, 08:43:44 pm »

I agree, but limit them by adding a lot of harvestable ingredients that require the alchemy skill and cut down on the vendor supply.
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »

More plants to harvest in general, especially at the satellite locations, would be nice. Don't see why the player wouldn't be able to harvest some plants being grown at the monestary.
And in Infaerie too - the crone has various plants at her home.
There's one problem here, Alchemy is really damn powerful, so an effective way to nerf it is to limit availability of ingredients.
True, but the most powerful aspect of Alchemy are non-plants (so chemical compounds  like CaO, sulfur, etc.) - you can become the champion arena or defeat the Demon with just liquid fire and poison (or bombs and liquid fire) while having a really weak character. As a thief (6-9-5-7-7-9-4 - the best build I've had I think, no other character got so many xp and money and I think lowering condition and increasing perception would make him even better) I've become a champion and a Demon slayer while having 4 daggers, 4 dodge and 4 alchemy (and 2 or 3 throwing) and was basically unstoppable because I could do the non-combat quests too (only the Abyss was closed due to my perception).

Also, if alchemy needs really to be nerfed (IMO it's unnecessary though if only because most people underestimate it) I would suggest by lowering the chances of successful throw. Now you can have throwing on 1 and you can always pinpoint the throw of liquid fire and bombs, I think only acid requires high throwing skill. I'm currently trying a 4-4-4 Assassin build relying on Alchemy only and it's hard - very very hard. I don't think I'll be able to complete Maadoran that way (unless I work for Galeius instead of Darista) because the compounds are too scarce and too expensive. And the plants I've gathered are useless for a character witch such low combat stats (besides quicksilver which could easily be as scarce as they are now).

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:11:11 pm by Goral » Logged
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:31 am »

Again, it's not that important but it does stand out - in Teron if you walk naked guards stop you and give you warning. In Maadoran you can talk with Gaelius naked, lol. If that would mean delaying the relese for more than 1 day don't bother but if it's an easy fix that would be great.
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

That's the spirit  Approve Grin

― George Orwell, 1984
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2015, 05:24:41 am »

I was trying to find character portraits thread but I've failed. The only topic Google sent me to were Dead State ones. Anyway, would it be possible to add some more portraits to characters that are in ending slides? For example Marcus Valla. If you need more pictures you can always ask volunteers for help, maybe some of our (or our family) faces would suffice. And since many of us are from Eastern Europe you wouldn't have to worry about suits or anything like that. But seeing that you have John Goodman in I doubt that's an issue Wink.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:26:14 am by Goral » Logged
Serendipity
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2015, 05:08:38 am »

I wouldn't mind it if more NPCs would attempt to deceive or backstab the player. Although this is unlikely to change so close to release.
Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

I loved the database logs. I'm aware that there are three ways of dealing with the demon at Inferiae: (1) kill it, (2) sneak past it, and hopefully create a portal using Lore/Crafting, (3) convince it that you're a guest. Now, the only way to learn how to use the computer is through diplomacy, but I was wondering if it would be possible to sneak around and then learn how to access the database by hiding and watching the demon use it. It would require high [INT] and [PER] to pick things up this way without being directly taught it.

It seems apparent to me that the creature has memory problems (it thinks that it last saw his master a year or two ago), so it would make sense that the demon repeatedly attempts to access the database, since it keeps forgetting what happened due to the damage it sustained. Of course, there may not be enough time for such a solution, but I thought that it would be interesting to bring up.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: