Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD November update  (Read 15132 times)
tyli2000
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 11:56:07 pm »

Every time a new update is released on Steam, we should start a new game right?  I tried loading one of my current playthroughs and all the merchants in Teron have blank inventories (though other things seem to work fine).
toniwa
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 02:36:19 am »

So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.

To-date 6,107 people downloaded the demo on Steam; 417 bought the Early Access version after, i.e. 6.8% conversion rate, which, apparently, is pretty good (the industry standards are 1-5% for non-casual games), which means that we need to get the demo in front of more people.

Thats fantastic!

You know that adds up to a total sales number of 5261 copies sold, which is actually the same as the average sales figures for such Indie mainstays as Jeff Vogel. And the games not even out yet!

Salute

On the other hand how many more players will buy it, if all interested in the game has already pre-ordered? :-)

Anyway, the training mode is a really good idea. Although I haven't had much time to play with it it could be better if:
1. One could adjust the stats as well.
2. Have access to crafting schematics and alchemy.
3. Could redistribute stats and skill points at will.

This little gem will keep me amused for quite some time - there are so many constellations to check out! (It plays and loads much faster then the original game and these days I am sort of a casual player because of time constraints. :-))
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 02:46:29 am »

So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.

To-date 6,107 people downloaded the demo on Steam; 417 bought the Early Access version after, i.e. 6.8% conversion rate, which, apparently, is pretty good (the industry standards are 1-5% for non-casual games), which means that we need to get the demo in front of more people.

Thats fantastic!

You know that adds up to a total sales number of 5261 copies sold, which is actually the same as the average sales figures for such Indie mainstays as Jeff Vogel. And the games not even out yet!

Salute

On the other hand how many more players will buy it, if all interested in the game has already pre-ordered? :-)

All of those who wait for the final release and who know how great the game is (will be) aka those who don't want to spoil themself with the demo
Mudman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 02:58:51 am »

Congrats on recent developments. Props for having the balls to post your sales figures. Checked out your Steam forum. Considering Steam forums often feel like standing in the middle of a room full of hysterically angry preteen girls, you guys seem to be receiving a rather warm reception. Nice.  Approve
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:09 am »

Its kinda irrelevant, more sales is always good. but when I mentioned Vogel's sales, those were for a game in its entirety, he doesn't do preorders.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lexx
Craftsman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 05:50:28 am »

The new training area is a good thing. The camera controls are still a bit wonky in it, though. Probably due to the small size of the map? If I zoom in closer, everything works fine.
RawCode
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 06:48:28 am »

extending\expanding arena part most effective thing that can be done, but still not done.

procedural\endless fightings on arena best possible method to entertain players when lategame areas not here.
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 04:05:32 pm »

Wow that's a decent amount of sales. I'm so glad for you guys!

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
toniwa
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:37 am »

Make the Training longer! It would be great to test one's builds against more enemies or preferrably against the enemies from the game.
ugralitan
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 07:55:51 am »

Make the Training longer! It would be great to test one's builds against more enemies or preferrably against the enemies from the game.

Arena mode where you can choose gold amount you can use to purchase gear and you can choose enemy type/number.

If multiplayer existed, it would be even a funnier game where two people make a build, have a certain amount of gold/SP to buy gear/invest in skills and they start a battle. And group vs group mode where you could play with your friends! Probably if Multiplayer added to the game AoD would be the "Counter Strike" of RPGs. Tongue

Regardless, glad to see that much pre-orders. This game will be a classic in the history of CRPGs.
RawCode
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 04:52:18 am »

sandbox arena will be fun, MP will obly with multiple units in team\under control.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25:12 am »

Uploaded R4.3 to BMT. Apologies for the delay.
VladimirS
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:47 am »

Uploaded R4.3 to BMT. Apologies for the delay.

Great news! Thank you very much! Smile
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: