Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Age of Decadence and Wine  (Read 34882 times)
robaki

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »

OK, it turns out the X3DAudio1_6.dll that I've downloaded form the net was somehow messed up and didn't work - I've dug up my old windows XP laptop, replaced the file and it worked. I'm not sure if my current version is OK entirely, since my computer froze when I tried to exit the game. I will play around and see if there is more problems. Thanks for your help.
Cantello
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:34:27 am »

Thanks for your work so far, looking forward to a wrapper once AoD is released.

Currently I'm stuck with VMWare, which is rather slow to boot for a quick dose of AoD in the lunch break... :-)
lightpresser
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »

Hi guys.

I'm trying to run AoD demo 4.3 under Playonlinux Wine. I've tried several combinations (it takes too long to describe) and I've solved several errors, but now there aren't any errors in debugging log.  Wallbang
I can enter the AoD, choose the grafics settings, I can manage the sound settings, but then I start the new game or training, game detects VGA drivers and sets the depth to 16 bit and crashed. In Wine DxDrag tests goes fine. At last I've managed to run Wind debugger at the crash (see attached file) may be it'll be usefull, but it tells me nothing.

And then I've  managed to remember about the Steam, and I've saw that it trys to install some Microsoft VC Redist Package and gets the MSVCR110.dll error in to Playonlinux debuglog. This dll included in Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 package. Wine supported only Visual Studio 2010 (MSVCR100.dll) and it seems that there are the problems with 2012 version.  I've saw that game puts some MSVCR110.dll but it different from official dll, and when i've changed it manually I failed to start AoD at all.

Is It the right way?
There is the way to run AoD without Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012?

Wine build: wine-1.7.16
    Platform: i386
    Host system: Linux Debian Jessy
    Host version: 3.13-1-amd64 (and many i386 debs)
   (and ive tryed the same at Linux Debian Jessy i386)

I was quite surprised because old demo v3.2 (as I remember) run fine at Dbian Wheezy i386 wine 1.7.10 without "shamanic drums"  Panic . If it's not a secret what the difference in requirements (dll or system application ) between 3.2 and 4.3 AoD versions?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:59:52 pm by lightpresser » Logged
Diggfinger
Neophyte

RPG Connaisseur - Mentally masturbates to Fallout

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »

Hey guys,

expert porter Paul the Tall has created this Porting Kit which lets you install the game automatically!
http://portingkit.com/game/823

- Digg

Buy Underrail. Now. Just do it.
Check out Jason D. Anderson's Wikipedia page
http://bit.ly/1DJFavP
Currently playing; Underrail (+Age of Decadence)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 03:22:51 pm »

Thanks!
cb.spike

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 02:47:23 pm »

Hey guys,

expert porter Paul the Tall has created this Porting Kit which lets you install the game automatically!

- Digg

Have you tried it? Is it a final version? When I try it game is missing ground texture and after few minutes became unplayable due to massive freezing.  

edit: Ok, after little changes in settings everything is fine. Great to be able to play it on my main machine. Hope they will also port Dungeon Rats. And thanks for letting us know.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:08:43 pm by cb.spike » Logged
Diggfinger
Neophyte

RPG Connaisseur - Mentally masturbates to Fallout

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 12:42:39 am »

Hey guys,

- Digg

Have you tried it? Is it a final version? When I try it game is missing ground texture and after few minutes became unplayable due to massive freezing.  

edit: Ok, after little changes in settings everything is fine. Great to be able to play it on my main machine. Hope they will also port Dungeon Rats. And thanks for letting us know.

Spike,

please tell me which changes you made!!!

I have the same issues: no ground textures and game crashes every 10 minutes.

Thanks,

- Digg

Ps. Yes the installer requires a full GOG (or Steam?) version of the game to run, so full version.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:47:26 am by Diggfinger » Logged

Buy Underrail. Now. Just do it.
Check out Jason D. Anderson's Wikipedia page
http://bit.ly/1DJFavP
Currently playing; Underrail (+Age of Decadence)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: