Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: October  (Read 14597 times)
JoelMB12
Novice

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:15:14 pm »

So is this mid-October the game being release?
Albatross
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »

Not really. It's only next public beta release date.
So, if everything goes well, we're looking at mid-October as a possible R4 release date.
Uriel718
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:13:59 pm »

I would like someone to officially confirm or deny the post above.

I preordered the game on GamersGate, and it says "Release: October 2013." Also Steam Greenlight says "Release date: October 2013"

So, is the game going to be released this month, or not?

In november 2012, I asked about the release date, and Oscar replied:

The release of the game will be on October 2013 at the latest.

I've actualy had this month marked in my calendar ever since. So I'm guessing the above post is incorect. Or is this game going to be released in "chapters"? There's no mention of such a limitation on GamersGate.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:21:43 pm by Uriel718 » Logged
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

Unfortunately, the game will not be released this month. We didn't intend to mislead anyone and we did aim for October, but couldn't deliver without cutting corners and sacrificing quality.

Instead, we'll release the second 'chapter' of the game to those who have pre-ordered. We've been testing it since the end of August and it's a big chunk of content.

From another post:

"There are three towns (in total) in the game. That's where all the scheming, plotting, and back-stabbing take place. So, from this point of view, each town is roughly 33% of all that goodness. There are 20+ locations in the game. The + stands for minor stops that we don't count as locations. The first demo had 3: Teron, the raiders' camp, and the mine.

The second demo has 7: Maadoran, the Abyss, the tomb, the mountain pass, the Ordu camp, the tower of Zamedi, and another raiders' camp. So, that's 10, which is 50%. If you like exploring old places that should have stayed buried (similar to the tower and the Abyss), the endgame is where it's at.

The final 'chapter's' locations are: Ganezzar (the castle and the town built around it), aptly named Inferiae, Hellgate (that's where Esbenus lost most of his men), Library of Saross, mentioned in the one of the updates, Caer-Tor, the broken bridge, the portal (not what you think), an ancient factory, Al-Akia, and finally, the temple you're looking for. "

I hope you'll enjoy the extended demo. Either way, my apologies for the inconvenience. 
Uriel718
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:41:13 pm »

Well that's understandable. Nothing good ever comes from rushing a game. That's a mistake that those that dont have a publisher constantly breathing on their necks, forcing them to release a game because someone told someone that the game is going to released on the X date, shouldn't make.

Anyway, that said. This information should be made available on the digital distributors (such as GamersGate) game page. GamersGate is advertising Age of Decadence on their front page, with the October 2013 release date. Since that is not accurate, it should be fixed ASAP.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »

I emailed GamersGate a few min ago. Will email Valve shortly.

Thank you for understanding.
Kardouk
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 03:41:22 pm »

Steam still has the release set for October 2013. Should be changed or specified that it's "just" a new beta.
Eternal Knight
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:11 pm »

Greetings All,
Can you please send me the link to where I get the first chapter since I have pre-ordered. Can you also send me the link to the second chapter once it is out.
Cheers
EK
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 12:01:31 am »

Hello there. Join the sect Wink
You can get the old version of the Teron demo here http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2488.0.html
As for the forthcoming new version, once it is released you will be sent the download link at the email address that you used when preordering.

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
SurvivorZ
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 12:45:17 am »

Hello everybody.

I'm currently testing the Beta R4 (what is referred as the second chapter in the previous exchanges) and I've got one question : is there an official estimation of when the final version will be released on the market ?

IF the R4 is representative of the global advancement of the software, it seems to me it would be a miracle if the software could be released this year... which will be in a little more than 2 months (well, of course an unfinished software can always be released, but I'm talking about a really finished one, which seems to be the goal of the devs).

PS : I'm not criticizing the advancement : I know Devs have done a great job and I really do love your game, I just think the players waiting should be given a real date instead of letting them in the dark (or miss informed by release date set in october) with most of them probably believing that the final version may be ready very soon (as I was believing myself... until I started testing the R4 and realize the amount of work that is still to be done). They should be informed that it will be longer than that... but, of course, that it will be for their own good... so that the final product will be of the upmost quality !
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:39 am »

I'm currently testing the Beta R4 (what is referred as the second chapter in the previous exchanges) and I've got one question : is there an official estimation of when the final version will be released on the market ?
I'd say April-May 2014 based on the current progress.

RawCode
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 10:12:46 am »

half year delay will have consequences, you shoud atleast sign for steam early access, something like procedural generated arena battles will allow to stay afloat for 6 month without losing audience.
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:51 am »

half year delay will have consequences, you shoud atleast sign for steam early access, something like procedural generated arena battles will allow to stay afloat for 6 month without losing audience.

What half-year delay? They never said the game would be released in October, right? All Vince & Co. promised for this fall was an expanded public beta, and they're fully delivering on that promise.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:13:04 am by suibhne » Logged
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 10:53:27 am »

Unfortunately, we did say that the game will be released in Oct 2013, but due to unforeseen circumstances (things taking longer to write, design, implement; requiring more work (good enough on paper, not good enough when you play - needs either redesign or more content), all the extra shit that we did, and of course, Dead State), we weren't able to deliver.

I'm truly sorry and I can't say that all the extra shit was totally worth it, but what's done is done. All I can say is that I hope that those who have pre-ordered the game will enjoy the 'second chapter' of the game and appreciate our effort and time spent to make the game better.

That's the main reason why we're releasing it now - we couldn't give you the game to play, but at least we can give a big chunk of it.
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 10:56:52 am »

Unfortunately, we did say that the game will be released in Oct 2013, but due to unforeseen circumstances (things taking longer to write, design, implement; requiring more work (good enough on paper, not good enough when you play - needs either redesign or more content), all the extra shit that we did, and of course, Dead State), we weren't able to deliver.

Huh. Well, I totally missed that. Sorry for the misinformation on my end. I guess I just figured "it'll be done when it's done" at the point when I actually gave you my money, a few years ago. Approve
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:13:21 am by suibhne » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: