Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD September update  (Read 31317 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:28 am »

News from the front:

- The testing goes well and so far we’re on schedule for the mid-October release. Naturally, there’s still work to be done and issues to resolve, but all the major problems have been fixed. Still, we want to be sure, so if you want to lend to hand and test the upcoming release, please report to the nearest recruiting station.

- At the moment, we’re working on ‘Teron to Maadoran’ transition issues at the moment, fixing issues created by the switch to 1-10 system, and finishing up the pass and the tower.

- Oscar’s also tweaking the fight with the Ordu at the pass, adding various states and variables. Maybe you weakened the Ordu, maybe you just pissed them off and they came in great numbers, huffing and puffing. Maybe you managed to boost the defenses, skills, and equipment of the defenders. And finally, if you go for the Ordu’s leaders and manage to kill them first, their men will be demoralized and suffer combat penalties. Of course, fighting the leaders when they are surrounded by their men is a risky business – they pack quite a punch and are surrounded by their men. Shaping up like a fun fight.

- Nick's almost done with the system changes, Ivan's putting on finishing touches on the demon's animations, which underwent several rounds of revisions, Mazin continues making cool concepts and icons:

- I added two gangs to the Slums, another character to the pass, "expanded" a couple of characters, wrote faction and personal endings, and now I'm working on death descriptions to commemorate your failures.

So, we're doing our very best to deliver quality RPG entertainment in the very near future and your continuous support is much appreciated. Now, some screens:

100kg
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:15:29 am »

Sixth screenshot is soooo spoilerish...
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:47:34 am »

So promising in so many ways.  I de-focus my eyes now with all of Vince's updates.  I want to see this stuff in-game.

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark | Stygian
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond | Fell Seal:Missions&Monsters | Urtuk: The Desolation
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:43 am »

Wow.

Just...wow. I can't wait.
covr
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:32 am »

Wow, depth of field and Mass Effect dungeon. The game is looking better every month! Real-time combat in 3....2.....1....
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:54 am »

Fuck, I feel so ashamed that I haven't been able to dive into the testing this time around. Sad I will administer whippings to myself while I drool over the screenshots. It looks so awesome.

Keep it up guys, you're so close to the finishing line now after all this time. Salute Salute Salute

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 01:17:03 pm »

today, it's wednesday, and tomorrow is coming soon  Cool
Ruinous
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »

I do love those death descriptions, there have been a few which really brought home what dumb choices I'd made at times Grin
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »

Awesome!

I especially love the set design for the "Ancient temple" and the Khans tent. both look fantastic and satiate both my need for Roman glory and my Barbarian fury.  Wink

I'd love to lend a hand for this round of testing, my schedule is pretty free for the foreseeable future.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mudman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:42 am »

Looks great. Haven't lurked much around here lately, as I didn't want to ruin the game experience, but if you guys need another tester, I'm game. My work schedule doesn't look too demanding right now.
hammoudith
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46:08 am »

Looking great! Do you think game saves from the large demo will be compatible with the final game?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 06:48:08 am »

I especially love the set design for the "Ancient temple"...
For clarity: it's the tower of Zamedi (the one that's in the upcoming release), not the temple that everyone wants to find.

Looking great! Do you think game saves from the large demo will be compatible with the final game?
It's possible but unlikely due to our fondness to tweak things between releases.
Ruinous
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 07:45:53 am »

How far off do you estimate full release to be now? It is sounding like the team will be in the final stretch with Maadoran completed, but maybe I've got the wrong impression?
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 10:12:15 am »

How far off do you estimate full release to be now? It is sounding like the team will be in the final stretch with Maadoran completed, but maybe I've got the wrong impression?

You got the right impression. Final stretch, here we come! Smile

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Captain Shrek
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 12:45:05 pm »

Looks rather promising.

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: