Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good News Everyone!  (Read 24490 times)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:29:05 am »

As you know, we've been teasing something big coming up for a while.  It's been difficult not to talk about it with all of you, but we were sworn to silence until now.  Today, we're finally able to share our excitement with you:

We are part of the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX, and we'll have a playable demo of Dead State with us!

For some of you, this may launch a rabid frenzy because you'll be at PAX too and you'll finally get your hands on Dead State.  For others, it may cause gnawing disappointment because you aren't able to make it so you're wondering how you get a piece of this pie.  Worry not!  Dead State being at PAX and the fact that we've hauled ass to get a bunch of things done in the last couple of months means all of you will see a huge influx of news and info to feed your Dead State addiction.  Some of that will probably trickle in while we prepare for PAX as well as during the event, but more of it will probably come shortly after PAX happens and we've had a breather.  

Thanks to all of you for being so patient this last couple of months and for just being awesome in general Wink  We hope you're as excited about this as we are - getting Dead State into shape for PAX has been a pretty time-consuming and exhausting process, but we know watching our fans enjoy our demo is going to make it all worth it!

Here's a link to MEGABOOTH's website so you can check out our page as well as those of other indies who will be there:
Indie MEGABOOTH
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:31:11 am by Christina » Logged
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:35:24 am »

Hey cool, good job team Doublebear!  Salute

I'm unfortunately in the "gnawing disappointment" crowd, and although I would love to come up to Seattle for PAX, it seems badges are already sold out.  Seattle-based folks better check out that Indie Booth and report back to everyone else!  Smile

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
melkathi
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:11:15 pm »

Great to hear that Dead State is comming along nicely.

Seattle is a bit far for me even if badges weren't sold out Smile
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:31 pm »

Congrats DoubleBear!  I can't wait for more info and hopefully some more gameplay videos.

Edit:  I saw in the KS update that Oscar will be there.  So I guess he is making the trip for a little working vacation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:47:27 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Torgue
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »

Congrats, DoubleBear! Looking forward to more info and videos and hope you woo the crowd! Considering I live in Europe, I won't be able to attend PAX, but there's no gnawing disappointment. May I ask who will be present at the booth?

P.S. New screenshots on the Indie MEGA Booth page.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:03:30 pm by Torgue » Logged
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:24:14 pm »

Myself, Brian, Annie, my husband Jake (or should I say my indentured man-slave? JUST KIDDING he's a willing volunteer), and *dramatic drum-roll* Oscar!  He'll be flying in to give us a hand and we couldn't be more excited!

Yep, good eye, the first of many screenshots to come, I'm sure Grin

Thanks for the support, guys!
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »

Congrats DoubleBear!  I can't wait for more info and hopefully some more gameplay videos.

Edit:  I saw in the KS update that Oscar will be there.  So I guess he is making the trip for a little working vacation.

It will be a very cool experience! Do you guys know any salsa clubs in Seattle? Wink

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Eisregen
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 04:05:34 pm »

Congrats and have incredible fun beeing part of the indie MEGA booth! working on a demo must have been very stressfull and cost a lot of time. sure it will pay off! keep it up!!!
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 04:06:41 pm »

Very nice, guys.  There's no way I'd get up there from L.A., but I hope things go well for you.  And I'm glad to hear things have gotten to the "playable demo" stage (not that the combat demo didn't imply that).
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 04:36:41 pm »

That's great, hope this will give you lots of exposure. Make sure to make lots of vids and photos for us!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:39:11 pm by GhanBuriGhan » Logged

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Entrena
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 07:56:47 am »

I keep crashing against the room walls, dammit!  lol

Congratulations to the team, you rock guys  Wink
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:14:41 am »

Woo-hoo! Have fun there, guys!

β€œIn a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Sugar Glider
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »

Congratz, DB!  Grin

Myself, Brian, Annie, my husband Jake (or should I say my indentured man-slave? JUST KIDDING he's a willing volunteer), and *dramatic drum-roll* Oscar!  He'll be flying in to give us a hand and we couldn't be more excited!
I like the extended family feel of small companies.  Wink
Torgue
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:57 am »

Did Oscar give a sly hint about a KS backers demo on RPGcodex?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:19:18 am by Torgue » Logged
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 10:05:21 am »

Did Oscar give a sly hint about a KS backers demo on RPGcodex?

Just told him not to lose hope smug

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: