Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What weapons would you want in a zombie apocalypse?  (Read 24397 times)
Pestilence
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:54 am »

Two words: Chainsaw Tank

aoirann
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 07:02:57 am »

Heavy Blunt objects. Gun are loud, run out of ammo, and require skills to maintaine and repair that are kinda a hard to pick up in a survival situation. As for why not blades? They need to be kept sharpened, can chip and shatter and in the words of the (in)famous Tara Deenihan. "You stab a guy a he can keep after you. You shatter a motherfuckers kneecap well...."

Can you hear me? Can you see me?
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 07:38:35 am »

The difference fighting a zombie is that they require you to do serious damage to the brain. A blunt object is extremely difficult to smash a skull and injure the brain, the skull is specifically designed to prevent just that.

Bladed weapons are best of the situation,if just because of their ability to pierce into the brain and put a zombie down.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Darius359au
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 05:01:57 am »

Bit of a thread necro ,(goes with the theme though Wink ),personal melee weapon/s would be a short bearded axe like this http://www.lawranceordnance.com/the_sharpened_edge/axes_european/short_bearded.php  ,got one an it would quite easily power through a skull ,also great as a work tool as well! ,my second would be the coldsteel royal kukri machete http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/97KMIGS/Royal_Kukri_Machete.aspx

missile weapon would be a crossbow ,firearms being a little hard to get here in Australia and it's easier to train other people in it's use than a Bow.
jahs
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2015, 12:08:24 pm »

Thread necromancer strikes back! The best zapo weapon is a firecracker, no doubt. Just look what a couple of those can do:

And there is yet another pile of corpses not far away from there Smile
Erianerson
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 11:45:01 pm »

when a zombie apocalypse happens I will be looking for the pack a punch machine´╗┐.

Erianerson
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 11:46:01 pm »

Hi all,

I was just wondering what weapons you guys would ideally want to have in a zombie apocalypse, and why that particular weapon?

For me it would probably be:
* H&K MP5SD-N1
   - 9mm rounds are very common, so you'll find more of them and the rounds are "heavy" enough to be likely to kill with 1 headshot (if your aim is true of course)
   - longer barrel and bigger magazines then pistols, meaning more power/ range, better accuracy and less reloading
   - integrated sound suppressor

* LWRC M6A3 with 14" 6.8SPC barrel
   - 6.8SPC is a very lethal round with good penetration, so very useful against armored opponents. Downside would of course be that is is not a common round, so finding more could be problematic.
   - Better range then the MP5, useful for engaging dangerous targets from further away.

* Crowbar
   - Good size and weight make for a good blunt weapon with very little chance of breaking
   - Being a blunt weapon, less chance of getting stuck and it doesn't lose it's edge
   - Smaller width then a baseball bat while at the same time heavier, meaning more energy concentrated on a smaller area, makes for better chance of bashing in a skull/ breaking bones.
   - Useful for other thing besides bashing in skulls (opening doors for instance)

* Quarterstaff
   - A quarterstaff has a much better range then a crowbar and I would prefer to keep as much distance between me and a zombie. However I think it takes quite a bit of practice to use a staff as an efficient weapon.

* Bow and arrow
   - silent
   - better range then a melee weapon
   - it is far easier to make your own arrows then it is to make bullets

when a zombie apocalypse happens I will be looking for the pack a punch machine´╗┐

Erianerson
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 11:46:47 pm »

Hi all,

I was just wondering what weapons you guys would ideally want to have in a zombie apocalypse, and why that particular weapon?

For me it would probably be:
* H&K MP5SD-N1
   - 9mm rounds are very common, so you'll find more of them and the rounds are "heavy" enough to be likely to kill with 1 headshot (if your aim is true of course)
   - longer barrel and bigger magazines then pistols, meaning more power/ range, better accuracy and less reloading
   - integrated sound suppressor

* LWRC M6A3 with 14" 6.8SPC barrel
   - 6.8SPC is a very lethal round with good penetration, so very useful against armored opponents. Downside would of course be that is is not a common round, so finding more could be problematic.
   - Better range then the MP5, useful for engaging dangerous targets from further away.

* Crowbar
   - Good size and weight make for a good blunt weapon with very little chance of breaking
   - Being a blunt weapon, less chance of getting stuck and it doesn't lose it's edge
   - Smaller width then a baseball bat while at the same time heavier, meaning more energy concentrated on a smaller area, makes for better chance of bashing in a skull/ breaking bones.
   - Useful for other thing besides bashing in skulls (opening doors for instance)

* Quarterstaff
   - A quarterstaff has a much better range then a crowbar and I would prefer to keep as much distance between me and a zombie. However I think it takes quite a bit of practice to use a staff as an efficient weapon.

* Bow and arrow
   - silent
   - better range then a melee weapon
   - it is far easier to make your own arrows then it is to make bullets

when a zombie apocalypse happens I will be looking for the pack a punch machine´╗┐.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: