Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD June update  (Read 107224 times)
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 05:27:16 am »

Indeed. Perhaps Photobucket traffic was exceeded.
(click to show/hide)

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:23 am »

An interesting quote from Vince @ RPG Codex

I wish we could have done it in 3-4 years, but the reality is that the game was overly ambitious (7 different, branching questlines, over 120 hand-crafted, heavily scripted quests, etc) and required skills we didn't have when we started and a lot of time. There were only 3 outcomes: abandon, simplify, stick with it for as long as it takes. We decided to stick with it. It was probably a stupid decision and I wouldn't recommend following in our footsteps to anyone ("start small" is the best advice there is), but what's done is done.

Clearly, I want the game to do well because I'd love to do it for a living and we'll do our best to generate awareness, advertise, and such, but now isn't the time. Same goes with the price. It's not sacred, but neither GoG nor Steam have a problem with it.

Last, I honestly don't think that AoD is superior to anything and I do understand that the game isn't for everyone simply because it's too different and cuts too many RPG conventions.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/age-of-decadence-june-update.84370/page-2#post-2741694

― George Orwell, 1984
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:45 pm »

We won’t be able to start the beta-test in July. Our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We hoped to start testing on the 21st, but the combination of too much work (a lot of variables due to different choices, paths, and outcomes) and less time than anticipated (as I’m sure you know Oscar, Nick, and Ivan are also working on Dead State, which will be hitting an important milestone soon) pushed it back.

We’re working very long hours and weekends and doing our best to bring you the second release as soon as humanly possible. We anticipate starting the best-test in two weeks, if everything goes well.

We’ll delay the July update until we have the first testers’ impressions to share.
terry
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

Thanks for the Heads Up and keep grinding away at it.
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:01 am »

Meanwhile, Realms of Arkania remake, I summon you.

― George Orwell, 1984
Lainestin

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 01:47:16 am »

We won’t be able to start the beta-test in July. Our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We hoped to start testing on the 21st, but the combination of too much work (a lot of variables due to different choices, paths, and outcomes) and less time than anticipated (as I’m sure you know Oscar, Nick, and Ivan are also working on Dead State, which will be hitting an important milestone soon) pushed it back.

We’re working very long hours and weekends and doing our best to bring you the second release as soon as humanly possible. We anticipate starting the best-test in two weeks, if everything goes well.

We’ll delay the July update until we have the first testers’ impressions to share.

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to seeing those impressions.
Cosmomemory

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 07:37:41 am »

i still cling to the faint hope that once dead state and aod are shipped, maybe our favourite developers will think about doing smth in the masquerade realm. that would be so grand!
Goral
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:57 am »

It's a shame the beta will be delayed but take your time (to a reasonable degree ;P).

i still cling to the faint hope that once dead state and aod are shipped, maybe our favourite developers will think about doing smth in the masquerade realm. that would be so grand!
I would love that too but sadly it's practically impossible.
Dragatus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 11:14:20 am »

Take your time, I'm always willing to wait for quality.

"A little while ago, a good friend's wife asked me what playing Dungeons & Dragons involved. Long story short, it turns out that it's basically improv without an audience or time pressure, and a lot of rules. Every time anyone wants to attempt something, it's basically subject to a referee. Who is incidentally trying to kill you. In a fair and impartial manner." - Priapist

A Basic Guide to Combat in age of Decadence
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 01:45:23 pm »

Playing the new Realms of Arkania made me appreciate the postponements ITS makes. Any product should be polished and debugged very well before release, otherwise impressions even from an excellent game can be seriously spoiled.

― George Orwell, 1984
SnallTrippin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 11:14:46 pm »

Take your time, I'm always willing to wait for quality.

As long as I'm alive, nothing being guaranteed in life, I always will wait for a good/better game. 
Cosmomemory

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 03:26:43 am »

realms of arkania holy shit, did you see the steam forums?! XD people demanding refunds, so many problems, game is unplayable. Vahha, try payday 2, game is really good.
Vahha
Testers

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 03:49:46 am »

That's exactly my point.
At that, the developers are seriously inclined to improve their product
http://steamcommunity.com/app/237550/discussions/0/846960481981291570/

― George Orwell, 1984
rist
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »

I think Ron Gilbert would say something like

"Age of Decadence is only this good because Vince didn't know how hard it'd be in the beginning and was too stupid to quit once he did."

I feel like AoD is Vince's Maniac Mansion.

I think they have a lot of common ground when it comes to design philosophy.
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 05:31:37 am »

Testing hasn't started, window of opportunity for a release in 2013 seems to be closing fast - any new ETA for the beta?

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: