Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD June update  (Read 87917 times)
Anri

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 05:58:41 am »

Testing hasn't started, window of opportunity for a release in 2013 seems to be closing fast - any new ETA for the beta?
But is it official info - "testing hasn't started indeed?" What is the source?
Niektory

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2013, 06:32:28 am »

He is one of the testers, so he would know if it had started. Tongue
Anri

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2013, 06:51:09 am »

Then that's a pity. And I was just hoping for the best.
But will there be July and August updates at all, without testing?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:54:29 am by Anri » Logged
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2013, 07:06:44 am »

Yeah. Of course there is the possibility that I said something mean on the forums, and they have set up a super secret testers forum without me  Huh?

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2013, 07:28:10 am »

Testing hasn't started, but we're very, very close.

My most sincere apologies for the delay and inconvenience.
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2013, 07:49:13 am »

Yeah. Of course there is the possibility that I said something mean on the forums, and they have set up a super secret testers forum without me  Huh?

I wouldn't call it super secret.  It's just hidden for your user ID.   Smile

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2013, 07:57:18 am »

You are a friend, Ghan. We value and look forward to your input and wouldn't even think of starting without you.
Vahha

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2013, 08:08:37 am »

Panic Panic Panic

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2013, 09:28:11 am »

Panic Panic Panic

Don't be too long, Vince, or Vaha's gonna have a heart attack. You don't want the dark lord of AoD combat on your conscience Wink

@Scott: Now THAT was mean Wink

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2013, 09:43:27 am »

All shall be explained in due time. By 'all shall be explained', I mean that we added more stuff at the last moment because Oscar thought that a simple conversation explaining how you got back (when you report in) from a certain location isn't as fun as actually implementing your trials and tribulations and adding 4 different scenarios, pretty cool consequences to your past choices, and an extra location that most of you would probably never see.

Totally worth it.
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:03 am »

All shall be explained in due time. By 'all shall be explained', I mean that we added more stuff at the last moment because Oscar thought that a simple conversation explaining how you got back (when you report in) from a certain location isn't as fun as actually implementing your trials and tribulations and adding 4 different scenarios, pretty cool consequences to your past choices, and an extra location that most of you would probably never see.

Totally worth it.

You guys never grow up  lol . Of course that's why we even follow this project, so  Approve

Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2013, 09:54:54 am »

We are indeed retarded and not very business-like (to the point of being pretty much the opposite to business-like), but our hearts are in the right place and all we care about is the quality of the game.

Every now and then you see something that you missed, either a good and logical choice or a missed opportunity to show consequences, and then you have to make a decision:

A) Fuck it, what have these fuckers (players) ever done for us?
B) Well, they *are* very supportive and they would surely enjoy stumbling upon something new on their 7th playthrough and the game *is* all about choices and consequences....
Ergil
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:40 am »

If Teron is any indicator the game is already wonderfully full of choices and consequences, enough for seven playthroughs and more, and there's only so much that can be done before hitting the point of diminishing returns.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:17 am »

The rule is: If an options is logical and cool, we'll add it, fuck the AAA thinking of "How many players will see this?".

In any case, we also did a lot of improvements to the underlying systems, both for better flexibility of implementation and also replacing old, buggy code.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Vahha

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2013, 02:00:50 pm »

That's the trve indie spirit  Salute

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: